The Education Forum

Oswald home movie one year before JFK assassination

LEE HARVEY OSWALD COLOR 8MM HOME MOVIES 11-22-1962, ONE YEAR BEFORE JFK ASSASSINATION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsrJ6a9rldU

Two comments made on Facebook today underneath the YouTube link:

John Kirsch: I've always been struck by the fact that the Oswalds' second daughter was only 33 days old on 11/22. This is one reason why I have difficulty believing Oswald shot JFK or Tippit. The bare facts of his life actually run counter to the official story, which wants us to believe Oswald was a hostile loner who wanted to make a big name for himself by killing the president. If you ignore this official story line, what you have is a veteran of the armed forces who was married (perhaps not all that happily), employed, albeit marginally, and had two young children to support. Plus there is the fact that Oswald never expressed any hostility toward Kennedy. To top it off you have the fact that he stood in front of cameras from all over the world and denied killing the president. Why did he do that if he wanted to make a big name for himself by killing Kennedy? What I end up with is a portrait of a man who was rooted in the world, perhaps in an uncertain way, and had no discerbible motive for killing JFK or anyone else.

Joseph McBride: He was an FBI informant who had infiltrated the plot against Kennedy and was reporting on it without knowing he was being set up by the CIA and the FBI as the scapegoat. Dallas DA Henry Wade, a former FBI agent, revealed to me that the FBI had spoken with Oswald only a day or two before the assassination.

16 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

LEE HARVEY OSWALD COLOR 8MM HOME MOVIES 11-22-1962, ONE YEAR BEFORE JFK ASSASSINATION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsrJ6a9rldU

Douglas,

I never realized how big Oswald's hands were.

He sure seems ill at ease in this social setting. Look at his body language.

Steve Thomas

17 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I never realized how big Oswald's hands were.

He sure seems ill at ease in this social setting. Look at his body language.

It is what it is, Steve.  Maybe he just didn't feel comfortable with that bright light shining on him for the movie camera (notice the harsh shadows). Note, too, everyone is just pretty much sitting around smiling and staring. A film camera and harsh lights can do that to folks.

On 12/23/2017 at 7:44 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

Couple of things here.  From my readings,  at this family Thanksgiving gathering (at Robert Oswald's house), the first since LHO returned from the USSR in June of '62,  Marguerite Oswald was a no-show( unless that's her in home film, but I don't think so)  Maybe there's a simple explanation, like she had the flu, or didn't get along with some of her in-laws  etc.,  but she lived fairly close by....not across the country...just saying.

The other thing that crossed my mind looking at this clip, is how wholesome, "guy next door"  LHO looks.  Now project this personality forward 10 months to August of 1963 when LHO is in NOLA and Dean Andrews say this same LHO shows up in his law office with a group of "gay mexicanos" looking for legal help to reverse his "undesirable discharge"( the type of discharge gays in the military received in the 1950's and 60's).  So who is this LHO person; the family man spending the uniquely American holiday of Thanksgiving with his family or the swinging LHO hanging out with his "gay mexicanos" friends in NOLA.  

Remember, intelligence operative LHO was doing his fake defector routine in Russia when his undesirable discharge was handed down.  I mean what's that all about, LHO is a government/military operative on a mission in the USSR and he gets a lousy, less than honorable discharge from his employers (this same government/military).  Not exactly how you build "esprit de corps" in your fake defector program......just saying