The Education Forum

"we're gonna do it",

Two recent threads have deserved comparison . Listen to what Bill Simpich says starting from 56.55 in the Lancer presentation :

Jorma Jormakka, in his thread on the acoustic evidence argues that the supposedly damning crosstalk (specifically the word 'Hold' heard on both radio channels recorded) has been erroneously matched. Meaning the argument that the shot noises occur at the wrong time to be shots, may have been successfully rebutted by Jorma. What this thread is about is what Jorma believes he hears on one of the channels:

"Hold it up right there, we´re gonna do it, I, I got it,……, you got it."

Is this an example of what Bill Simpich discusses? Who is saying these words? What do they signify?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be the place to put this up for consideration.

I know that this guy's YouTube videos have been criticized.  And I see why - though his yellow curb stripe "Kill Box" video seems mostly on the money.

But - what do Zapruder analysts make of the building, actually a few blocks eastward on Elm Street, that "migrates" to block off lower Elm from Zapruder's perspective?  See clip below:

Edited by David Andrews

5 hours ago, David Andrews said:

This may be the place to put this up for consideration.

I know that this guy's YouTube videos have been criticized.  And I see why - though his yellow curb stripe "Kill Box" video seems mostly on the money.

But - what do Zapruder analysts make of the building, actually a few blocks eastward on Elm Street, that "migrates" to block off lower Elm from Zapruder's perspective?  See clip below:

Very interesting, David. Thanks for posting that. 

Edited by Greg Wagner

Okay, so the explanation is as follows:

1. From where Zapruder was standing, Elm Street further to the east was actually on his left.
  2. He had telephoto/zoom lens, which makes far away things look closer.
  3. So in the Z-film (as posted by David) we are seeing buildings on the left side of Elm, about one or two locks away.
  4. The so-called "facade" we see on the left in Z-film is the Dallas County Services Building. The "facade" on the right (with "three windows") can be seen in Chris's view from the sky. But not in Google Maps because, apparently, the building has been changed or replaced since 1963.

Well it was interesting while it lasted. It had me scratching my head.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

17 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

1. From where Zapruder was standing, Elm Street further to the east was actually on his left.
  3. So in the Z-film (as posted by David) we are seeing buildings on the left side of Elm, about one or two locks away.
  4. The so-called "facade" we see on the left in Z-film is the Dallas County Services Building. The "facade" on the right (with "three windows") can be seen in Chris's view from the sky. But not in Google Maps because, apparently, the building has been changed or replaced since 1963.

I dunno - that's some really selective deep focus there.  And the truck and trailer, together with several building facades on the north side of Elm, are obliterated.  What do they call that?  Information loss?

Ah, the mysteries of Dealey Plaza.  I bet if you go there with a dowsing rod, it spins you in supersonic circles and flies you to Mars.

Edited by David Andrews

The above video is just more crazy blather from an irrational conspiracy theorist "researcher."  Below is a comparison of the Z frame overlaid with the FBI reenactment film shot several months after 11/22/63.  As you'll see the background that the "researcher" mentions looks exactly like it did on 11/22. Nothing was cut out or pasted in.

street-comparison.gif

As is usually the case with "researchers" out there, they think the government had some all seeing and all knowing power to change the films and photos, find a clone of the accused assassin ten whole years before 11/22 (and whose Mom, by the way, also was a clone of the assassin's Mom) and other kooky theories.

On 12/31/2017 at 5:17 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Wow, Sandy - what a breath of fresh air to see that you're actually working to debunk a kooky theory such as this one. Congratulations.

Uh?  Z's camera could see around the corner and move a building three blocks away down nearly to the Houston Street corner of Elm, in a full-frontal view that's in better focus than are nearby structures?  And where's the truck and trailer?

See Chris Davidson's aerial above.  Three blocks away?

Edited by David Andrews

7 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Uh?  Z's camera could see around the corner and move a building three blocks away down nearly to the Houston Street corner of Elm, in a full-frontal view that's in better focus than are nearby structures?  And where's the truck and trailer?

David,

If you study Chris's aerial view above you will discover that Zapruder's camera was actually on the SOUTH side of Elm Street. The straight part of Elm Street to the east, that is. So it could film buildings lying along Elm Street that are on the NORTH side of Elm.

I don't know much about photography, but I have owned a 35 mm SLR and also a telephoto lens that fit on it. You could make some really cool photographs with that because it would bring very far away scenery up close.

I used Google Maps to find one of the so-called "facades," the Dallas County Services Building. I couldn't find the "three window" facade in Google Maps. But it can be seen circled in Chris's aerial. My telephoto lens would have easily brought those buildings forward.

I am therefore satisfied that the film was made with a camera fitted with a telephoto lens. To me the question remaining is whether or not Zapruder's camera had a telephoto lens, one strong enough to do what we see. I'd be surprised to learn that it didn't because that would mean a good deal of fakery had to have occurred with the film. On the other hand, my telephoto lens was quite large and bulky, and so I wonder how it was that Zapruder's camera could have had a telephoto lens.

Maybe a telephoto lens strong enough to bring in things just three blocks away isn't all that bulky. Or maybe a fixed-focus telephoto lens isn't all that bulky. But without knowing anything else, something like that would be my guess

The point being made is that the windows on that building are not seen during the reenactments.

Do we expect these windows to be completely gone...  maybe the limitations of the camera?

Edited by David Josephs