The Education Forum

"we're gonna do it",

Looking at what was offered above as "the same as Nov 22"... with yet another personal dig against the community....

Seems to me there are easily seen windows in the zfilm, yet not so much in any other film...  especially the reenactment

looking closely at the image claimed to NOT be tampered with....  wondering what those grey/white rectangles where the windows should be, are.

or the lower set of windows....

Everything else that is BLACK on the zframe is the same: signs, posts, lights.

Edited by David Josephs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Everything else that is BLACK on the zframe is the same: signs, posts, lights.

So I guess you do believe - like you believe everything else was faked in this case - that the back drop up the street has been somehow faked, right? And if you watch the video, the person who made the video asks the biggest question of all - WHY was it faked?

This is what tends to happen on this forum and out there in the world over and over again - everything was faked but the people who think that have no answer for WHY it was faked. There has to be a real and plausible reason for faking something like this.

Even your buddy Sandy Larsen doesn't think this was faked so you may want to discuss it more with him; perhaps he can explain to you why HE thinks this is a simple matter of optics or another perfectly simple explanation.

7 hours ago, David Josephs said:

The point being made is that the windows on that building are not seen during the reenactments.

We have to be more specific than that.

The windows are not seen on the official WC (Position A photo used) reenactment.

But, fortunately for us, there is other footage from a different vantage point that gives us that WC-Position A match.

The checkered pattern is the key.

High-Low

38779362814_7e7ae45086_b.jpg

10 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

We have to be more specific than that.

The windows are not seen on the official WC (Position A photo used) reenactment.

But, fortunately for us, there is other footage from a different vantage point that gives us that WC-Position A match.

The checkered pattern is the key.

High-Low

38779362814_7e7ae45086_b.jpg

If the white background building was demo'd between 11-27-63 and 5-24-1964, that would explain the difference.

39498580091_aae1e71ffb_z.jpg

22 hours ago, David Josephs said:

The point being made is that the windows on that building are not seen during the reenactments.

Do we expect these windows to be completely gone...  maybe the limitations of the camera?

Building-windows-disappear.gif.0e56aa6a4d8fb305edd3e8d05378a116.gif

If the photographer were standing in the same position for both frames/photos, this gif would indeed show a major inconsistency. But I think the two shots were taken from different locations.

Note the building on the south-east corner of Elm and Houston. Let's call that the Blocking Building. The color frame of this animated gif reveals those "three windows." But in the B&W frame they seem to disappear.

What really happens is that the three windows shift to the right by several feet in the B&W, and the Blocking Building shifts to the left quite a bit, so far as to block the view of two of those "three windows." But you can still see the leftmost of the three windows... the bottom part of it is blocked by the traffic light.

The person who took the B&W frame had to have been standing further south than the color photographer. This explains the shifting of the Blocking Building to the left. And since he was standing more to the south, he had to rotate his camera more toward the north to capture what we see down Elm Street. This explains the "three windows" shifting to the right.

EDIT: And there had to have been a good deal of cropping and some scaling to line up objects in the two frames of the gif.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

That building with the 3 vertical windows is sitting diagonal across the street from FOUNDERS PLAZA...

Yet I cannot find when the original Plaza was built - all the info is for the 2013 50 year renovation...

The building on the corner replaces the one with the windows in the Zframes...

Now just need to find out when that low building was demolished...

Edited by David Josephs

• 11 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, Ron Bulman said:

"Hold it up, we're gonna do it".  Verbal instructions to radioman for him to pass on to Umbrella man the visual "Go" confirmation? 

A year ago.  57 pages back, 6.4 topics per day for the forum including posts to "old" topics.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:57 PM, David Josephs said:

That building with the 3 vertical windows is sitting diagonal across the street from FOUNDERS PLAZA...

Yet I cannot find when the original Plaza was built - all the info is for the 2013 50 year renovation...

The building on the corner replaces the one with the windows in the Zframes...

Now just need to find out when that low building was demolished...

Not to start this business again, but DJ's .gif at 3 posts above keeps flashing in my face, showing me 2 black rectangular areas (one larger, one smaller) under the blue cornice of the building, left of the 3 green arrows.  Why would that unnatural looking, unnaturally shaped black patch be there?

Sorry, Ron - I want to read about the radio crosstalk as much as you.

Edited by David Andrews

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Not to start this business again, but DJ's .gif at 3 posts above keeps flashing in my face, showing me 2 black rectangular areas (one larger, one smaller) under the blue cornice of the building, left of the 3 green arrows.  Why would that unnatural looking, unnaturally shaped black patch be there?

Yeah well the thread topic never got any response in the first place.  I didn't watch the whole hour and ten minute video.  The "get it up... we're gonna do it" does sound like instructions to radioman for umbrella man to signal visually "go", then at that word to shoot  (for more than one person?).  But I have to wonder who would do such, on the DPD frequencies?  Isn't that where this is supposed to have come from.  Professionals would have used a different frequency, imo.  But you never know.  DPD was linked in at multiple levels for sure.  Mistakes can be made on any of them.    

Edited by Ron Bulman

19 hours ago, David Andrews said:

The backs of signs?

Note that the backs of the overhead signs are also pitch black (in the color photo). For some reason.

21 hours ago, David Andrews said:

I see what you're talking about David...  Looks like that was a shadow...

Shadows%20on%20the%20building_zpsxrvvcbx

Here is a better gif of those 3 windows there in the zfilm and gone in the re-enactment...

Building-windows-disappear-version-3_zps

That's some major shadow.  The last time I saw something that black, rectangular and conspicuously placed, pilgrims were marching around it in Mecca.

A shadow hiding the alleged radio control truck?

It's as black as the filmstock around the frames

Edited by David Andrews

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

But why is there generationally darkened shadow that covers both the west face and the south face of the building, without even a wrap effect visible on either side of the corner?

Maybe this helps...

The white shadow I drew in would appear to match the shadow in the Zfilm ... the whiule lines follow the different shadow's directions
The B&W version was taken later in the day as the sun has travel more to the WEST, moving the shadow on the building to the East.

We don't see the shadow in Altgens as he looks down Houston so it must start just to the right....

The%20shadow%20on%20Dal-Tex%20in%20Z%20f

Edited by David Josephs