The Education Forum

When officer JD Tippit (car #10) pulled-up to the boarding house where Lee Oswald was staying, Tippit honks the horn on his car twice.  I believe this was a code to Oswald to go to one of the many safehouses in Oak Cliff.  However, Oswald goes to the bus stop, stands there for about 30 seconds and then takes off on foot.  It has been my belief that Oswald was headed towards Jack Ruby's apartment before feeling it necessary to duck into the Texas Theatre.  But I did read somewhere that when Oswald was in the theatre, he went from person to person in the dark as if he was trying to locate someone, possibly a handler.  Any thoughts?

Edited by Rich Pope

11 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

When officer JD Tippit (car #10) pulled-up to the boarding house where Lee Oswald was staying, Tippit honks the horn on his car twice.  I believe this was a code to Oswald to go to one of the many safehouses in Oak Cliff.  However, Oswald goes to the bus stop, stands there for about 30 seconds and then takes off on foot.  It has been my belief that Oswald was headed towards Jack Ruby's apartment before feeling it necessary to duck into the Texas Theatre.  But I did read somewhere that when Oswald was in the theatre, he went from person to person in the dark as if he was trying to locate someone, possibly a handler.  Any thoughts?

Rich,

Earlene Roberts, who was the supervisor for Oswald's rooming house, reported seeing TWO Dallas police in that car.

The key to this sighting, in my reading, is that Roscoe White was the other policeman.

According to Professor Walt Brown (1995, Treachery in Dallas), a ten-year-old boy, Mike Robinson, claimed that he overheard Roscoe White confess inside the Dallas City Jail bathroom, that he killed JD Tippit.

According to Mark Lane (1966, Rush to Judgment) Mrs. Acquilla Clemons claimed that she saw TWO men shoot JD Tippit and running away from the scene in two opposite directions. 

I think the solution is far more complex than just JD Tippit and Lee Harvey Oswald.   Jack White said that Roscoe White was the "body-double" of Lee Harvey Oswald in all of the so-called Backyard Photographs.   Roscoe's chin, neck, shoulders, lumpy right wrist and back-leaning stance all match.

Roscoe White was a compromised Dallas cop.  So was JD Tippit, allegedly.   The story goes even deeper when we count all the Dallas cops who were more or less secretly connected with General Walker and the Radical Right in Dallas in 1963.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D
--Paul Trejo

Paul,

In the book I recently wrote, I do mention there were two people when JD Tippit was murdered.  The person who actually shot Tippit escaped and was chased by two witnesses, one of them later told the press about the chase; Tippit's killer ran to a fundamentalist Baptist Church, which was shortly surround by Dallas PD squad cars and policemen covering every entrance.

They waited without entering until a radio call came in announcing Oswald's arrest at the Texas theater.  They left immediately without entering the Baptist Church despite the presence of two witnesses who chased the killer there.  

Now here is something I found interesting...Researcher Jones Harris interviewed Julia Postal, the person who was working in the theatre that day selling tickets.  When Harris asked Julia Postal is she had sold a ticket to Oswald, she burst into tears and left the room.  A short time later, Harris again asked Postal if she sold a ticket to "Oswald" and got the same response.

From Postal's refusal to answer this question and her reaction being the same, Harris believes that Postal did sell Oswald a theater ticket but was forced to lie to protect her own life.

It certainly makes sense.  Why would Oswald who was carrying $14 in his pocket fail to pay for a .75 cent movie ticket?

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Earlene Roberts...reported seeing TWO Dallas police in that car.

Which, interestingly, was something that was a COMMON OCCURRENCE in front of 1026 North Beckley EVEN ON DAYS WHEN PRESIDENTS WEREN'T BEING SHOT IN DALLAS. (Shouldn't that fact give conspiracy theorists a moment of pause?)

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2012/05/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-195.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/06/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-725.html

According to Mark Lane (1966, Rush to Judgment) Mrs. Acquilla Clemons claimed that she saw TWO men shoot JD Tippit and running away from the scene in two opposite directions. 

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2017/11/acquilla-clemons-and-murder-of-jd-tippit.html

I think the solution is far more complex than just JD Tippit and Lee Harvey Oswald.   Jack White said that Roscoe White was the "body-double" of Lee Harvey Oswald in all of the so-called Backyard Photographs.   Roscoe's chin, neck, shoulders, lumpy right wrist and back-leaning stance all match.

Why do so many conspiracy theorists continue to want to drag other people into the middle of J.D. Tippit's murder? It's a murder that couldn't be any easier to solve, featuring various types of evidence (eyewitnesses plus ballistics) that provide the proof that ONLY Oswald killed Officer Tippit.

IMO, those CTers who refuse to accept LHO's lone guilt in the Tippit murder---despite the evidence that's on the table which unquestionably proves his guilt---are doing a major disservice to the memory of Officer Tippit and to the search for "truth".

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/04/index.html#JD-Tippit

Edited by David Von Pein

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

...Why do so many conspiracy theorists continue to want to drag other people into the middle of J.D. Tippit's murder? It's a murder that couldn't be any easier to solve, featuring various types of evidence (eyewitnesses plus ballistics) that provide the proof that ONLY Oswald killed Officer Tippit.

IMO, those CTers who refuse to accept LHO's lone guilt in the Tippit murder---despite the evidence that's on the table which unquestionably proves his guilt---are doing a major disservice to the memory of Officer Tippit and to the search for "truth"...

David,

Actually, the Dallas Police official report on the death of Officer JD Tippit was a tiny fraction of what it should have been, according to Professor Walt Brown.  Perhaps no murder in the history of Dallas was ever treated so lightly by the authorities, with fewer details.

Professor Brown makes a compelling case in his book, Treachery in Dallas (1995)

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

Paul,

In the book I recently wrote, I do mention there were two people when JD Tippit was murdered.  The person who actually shot Tippit escaped and was chased by two witnesses, one of them later told the press about the chase; Tippit's killer ran to a fundamentalist Baptist Church, which was shortly surround by Dallas PD squad cars and policemen covering every entrance.

They waited without entering until a radio call came in announcing Oswald's arrest at the Texas theater.  They left immediately without entering the Baptist Church despite the presence of two witnesses who chased the killer there.  

Now here is something I found interesting...Researcher Jones Harris interviewed Julia Postal, the person who was working in the theater that day selling tickets.  When Harris asked Julia Postal is she had sold a ticket to Oswald, she burst into tears and left the room.  A short time later, Harris again asked Postal if she sold a ticket to "Oswald" and got the same response.

From Postal's refusal to answer this question and her reaction being the same, Harris believes that Postal did sell Oswald a theater ticket but was forced to lie to protect her own life.

It certainly makes sense.  Why would Oswald who was carrying $14 in his pocket fail to pay for a .75 cent movie ticket?

Rich,

The story about the suspect in a Baptist Church also came out in the Warren Commission hearings.  The Dallas Police officially reported that it was a "false alarm".

As for Julia Postal, we cannot, in my humble opinion, take her non-response for a positive response.   It is just as likely that the whole topic of the JFK Assassination makes her break out in tears.   (My own wife has always refused to talk about it -- being the squeamish type.)

Here is my opinion, based on the CT's of Walt Brown, Jeff Caufield and the actual WC testimony of Dallas Police:

1.  The JFK Assassination caught Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) entirely by surprise.  LHO knew nothing about it.  Judging by his letter to the Soviet Embassy in Washington DC dated November 12, 1963, LHO still believed that he was part of a top secret plot to kill Fidel Castro (and patriotically lying to the Soviets).  

1.1.  LHO was awaiting a Visa to Havana to complete his "mission" there.   He had no clue that he had been selected as a Patsy for a plot to kill JFK.

2.  When, on the 2nd floor of the TSBD, Officer Baker put a pistol into LHO's ribs, that gave LHO a boost of adrenaline.   LHO put on a calm exterior, but inside he began to worry.  LHO had been told twice now, that JFK had been killed, and he saw that the police had begun searching the TSBD.   LHO calmly walked outside through a back exit.

3.  From behind the monument of the Grassy Knoll, LHO watched for any Kill-Fidel accomplices.  One drove up in a Green Rambler, signaled to LHO, who ran into the Rambler, observed by Dallas Deputy Roger Craig (according to his own WC testimony).  This was perhaps 5-7 minutes after the JFK Assassination.  They hurried away.

4.   This accomplice drove LHO near to his rooming house as they talked about what might have happened, and what the other Kill-Fidel plotters might be doing -- and how he might connect with them.

4.1.   As a result, LHO decided to get his pistol, and head over to the Texas Theater, probably to meet a Kill-Fidel connection, to get more information about the meaning of this surprise occurrence.   

4.2.  LHO was confident that he was well-connected, and he had utmost trust in his Kill-Fidel connections.   LHO felt certain that his Kill-Fidel connections would give him proper guidance.

5.  On his way to the Texas Theater, he was stopped by JD Tippit and Roscoe White.   LHO was well-acquainted with Roscoe White, who was the "body double" of his own Backyard Photographs.

5.1.  Marina had taken one (and only one) photo of LHO with his weapons and wearing black, while LHO and Roscoe worked after hours at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall to forge four "plausibly deniable" FAKE Backyard Photos with LHO's face pasted onto Roscoe White's body.

6.   For a few seconds, LHO spoke with the two officers.  Roscoe was not wearing his regular uniform at this point -- it was now in the back seat.

7.  LHO then began to walk away.

8.  For some stunning reason, JD Tippit emerged from his Dallas Police car and pulled his weapon.

9.  LHO pulled his weapon first, and fired at Tippit.   Roscoe White also shot at Tippit (for some reason, TBD).

10.  LHO and Roscoe White both ran off in different directions, as reported to Mark Lane by Mrs. Acquilla Clemons.

11.  LHO was now panicking -- he was officially disoriented and had no idea why JD Tippit would try to kill him.  

11.1.  Since Roscoe White deliberately ran off in a separate direction, it was clear to LHO that LHO was on his own now.

12.  LHO gathered his senses enough to remember his plan -- to get to the Texas Theater to meet his Kill-Fidel connection.  

12.1.   He did that quickly.  

13.  However, LHO was now convinced that no Dallas Police could be trusted.  If JD Tippit tried to kill him, then so would some other Dallas cop.

14.  LHO arrived at the West Jefferson Boulevard strip mall in Oak Cliff, and whenever he heard police sirens, he would duck into a store foyer.

15.  LHO was oblivious to the store owners seeking to sell merchandise.  He ducked into a shoe store, the salesman looked up, and saw LHO watching the streets suspiciously, and quickly leaving. 

16.  That salesman followed LHO, who ducked into the Texas Theater.

16.1.  In my humble opinion, it is plausible that LHO didn't bother to buy a ticket -- he was officially PANICKING -- and he didn't think of the "little people."  He had his pistol with him.

17.  LHO watched and waited for his Kill-Fidel accomplices.  

18.  The Dallas Police weren't responding to a "sneak entry" Theater patron -- they were responding to the murder of a fellow Dallas policeman, and they gathered that the culprit was on foot, so they were on high alert in that perimeter. 

18.1.  About a dozen police cars responded when the shoe store salesman called the Dallas Police to report what he saw.  Many Dallas cops were certain that their suspect was in the Texas Theater.

19.  When LHO saw the police coming for him again -- he panicked again and pulled his pistol out.  But he was outnumbered seven to one.   They disarmed him quickly.

There's my opinion, Rich.   My effort was to minimize guesswork, and rely on CT's of Walt Brown and Jeff Caufield, as well as WC testimony as far as possible.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarity

Posted (edited)

Paul,

I greatly appreciate your summary.  I have heard about the green Rambler station wagon.  But I also heard that Oswald got on a bus and was recognized immediately by former landlady, Mary Bledsoe.  The bus drove two blocks to Poydras in heavy traffic.  Oswald left the bus and walked to a taxi-stand on the northwest corner of Lamar and Jackson.  The taxi drove 2.6 miles to the 500 block of North Bleckley Ave.  This was way past the boarding house where Oswald was staying.  In fact, it was a ten-minute walk back to his boarding house.  It was at this point I believe Oswald had realized something was up.  There was no longer a plan or a person he could trust and he was improvising as each moment progressed.  He wanted to survey the area and make sure it was safe.  The taxi driver Bill Whaley ,  remembers Oswald saying, "This will do".  The driver pulled over to the curb.  The fare was ninety-five cents.  Oswald handed the driver $1.  "Keep the change," he said.  The taxi driver remembers Oswald because Oswald sat in the front passenger seat next to the driver, instead of the back because this is how they did it in Russia Oswald explained.

Edited by Rich Pope

Rich,

A careful reading of Mrs. Bledsoe's WC testimony shows that she was operating under a "mistaken identity" to which she added her egoistic opinion.

The same with the bus driver.  Actually, his WC testimony falls apart much faster.

The same with the taxi driver.  His WC testimony is in sheer tatters.

I would be happy to point out the severe weaknesses in their testimony, if you like.

The account you summarized above is the official WC version.   They could not allow any version of LHO with ACCOMPLICES.   That is why they supported the "mistaken identity" WC testimonies of Bledsoe, the bus driver and the taxi driver.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Mrs. Acquilla Clemons didn't see two men shoot officer Tippit.  She saw one man shoot him and another person across the street take-off running.  She even says herself that it might have been a boy just trying to get away from the entire situation.

MARTIN: The other one went up that… Patton?

CLEMONS: Yeah. He went up [unintelligible]. He may have been just a boy getting out of the way. 

MARTIN: Scared maybe.

CLEMONS: Yeah. Probably somebody he told to get out of his way or something...

Paul,

What about the bus transfer that was found among Oswald's possessions?  Was that faked?

Paul,

Here's a question that might sound "mean" at first, but it isn't. I'm not a mean person, just inquisitive.  In your opinion, is there anything in the WC report that you would consider to be truthful or are you of the opinion the whole thing is rubbish and should be tossed in the waste can.  Maybe some key things are altered so that the government's version will be more plausible?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

Paul,

What about the bus transfer that was found among Oswald's possessions?  Was that faked?

• Oswald-Bus-Transfer.gif

Rich,

I admit that the bus ticket is real -- however -- I maintain that it was NOT found in Lee Harvey Oswald's pocket.   Rather, the Dallas Police got it from some street source and claimed it as a support to the charge that LHO was a Lone Shooter who had NO ACCOMPLICES.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

Paul,

Here's a question that might sound "mean" at first, but it isn't. I'm not a mean person, just inquisitive.  In your opinion, is there anything in the WC report that you would consider to be truthful or are you of the opinion the whole thing is rubbish and should be tossed in the waste can.  Maybe some key things are altered so that the government's version will be more plausible?

Rich,

I have never found your dialogue to be mean-spirited.   I appreciate your conversational style.  In my opinion, there are many things in the WC Report that I consider truthful.  Here is just a sampling:

1.  The full WC testimony of the family, including mother, brother and half-brother of Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO).

2.  The full WC testimony of LHO's uncle, aunt and cousins in New Orleans.

3.  The full WC testimony of everybody who knew LHO as a child in New Orleans and New York City, including Civil officers.

4.  The full WC testimony of Marina Oswald.

5.  The full WC testimony of Ruth Paine.

6.   Most of (99.99%) of the WC testimony of Michael Paine, discounting for omissions, rather than commissions.  I was stunned when I read about his 1990's confession to Dan Rather that he had seen a copy of the Backyard Photograph in Lee Harvey Oswald's house on April 2, 1963.   (Yet he wasn't asked directly about this, so it was an omission.  All such examples involve the General Walker shooting to some degree.) 

7.   Everybody who acted as a landlord or landlady to LHO in 1962-1963 (except for Mrs. Bledsoe).

8.  The full WC testimony of all the Russian Expatriates who knew the Oswald's in any degree during 1962-1963 (except George De Mohrenschildt).

9.  Most of (99%) of the WC testimony of George De Mohrenschildt, discounting for omissions.  George added crucial information in his 1978 manuscript, I'm a Patsy! I'm a Patsy!, especially about the General Walker shooting.

10.  The full WC testimony of every US Government officer who came from Washington DC to testify as expert witnesses, including everybody from FBI HQ, CIA HQ, Secret Service HQ, State Department and IRS..

11.  The full WC testimony of everybody who worked at the TSBD, including Roy Truly and Buell Wesley Frazier.

12.  The full WC testimony of (almost) everybody who watched the JFK motorcade at Dealey Plaza (excluding Dallas officers).

OK, that's a lot of people, as anybody can see.   It's not a complete list, yet it should give you a good idea of what I find truthful.  (I could also add everybody who acted as a witness in the Jack Ruby side of the WC Report, but that's another topic.)  You will notice that I omitted the WC testimony of officers from Dallas.   I find the following folks to be suspect:

A.  All the Deputies under Dallas Sheriff Bill Decker, and Bill Decker himself.

B.  All the officers under Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry, and Chief Curry himself.

C.  All the agents of the local Dallas FBI and Secret Service.

D.  Dallas Postmaster Harry Holmes.

E.  General Walker and any activists on the Radical Right, including Robert Alan Surrey, Bernie Weismann, Warren Reynolds and Revilo P. Oliver.

F.  All WC witnesses who claimed that they saw LHO on any bus or taxi going anywhere.

That is also an incomplete list, but it might now be easy to see my pattern.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

Paul,

I forgot to wish you a Happy New Year!  Okay.  I'm going off what the driver of the bus said.  Cecil McWatters, the driver of the bus told Dallas PD that he issued the transfer to Oswald.  Is there any reason not to believe him?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

Paul,

I forgot to wish you a Happy New Year!  Okay.  I'm going off what the driver of the bus said.  Cecil McWatters, the driver of the bus told Dallas PD that he issued the transfer to Oswald.  Is there any reason not to believe him?

Rich,

Happy 2018!   :)

As for Cecil McWatters, he was a confused WC witness.  His testimony amounts to a "mistaken identity" case.  He was unsure of his identification.    He had to be asked many questions multiple times, and he hedged his answers.   For example:

Mr. BALL - You said there was one man who closely resembled in height, weight and color? 
Mr. McWATTERS - That is right. 
Mr. BALL - Do you know who that was? 
Mr. McWATTERS - Just like I told them, I didn't know who was who or anything. 
Mr. BALL - Did you ever learn who that person was? 

Mr. McWATTERS - Well, I don't know whether that was really the man or not, I don't know. 

Please show in his WC testimony where Cecil McWatters makes a positive ID of Lee Harvey Oswald.   This will be our starting point.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
clarity