The Education Forum
Rich Pope

Prayer Man

I hope I don't get into trouble posting another comment about Prayer Man.  I had never heard of this theory until last year.  I found it a fascinating idea however, when I look at the pictures of the front entrance to the TSBD, I can't tell anything because the quality is so poor.  One person, I don't remember who said it was Oswald holding a cheese sandwich (apparently Oswald loved cheese sandwiches and ate them often for lunch).  Another person said it was Oswald holding his camera (the Imperial Reflex).  I simply can't imagine that if the President were driving by my place of business that I wouldn't be out there with a camera taking pictures.  It seems like a perfectly logical thing to do as far as I'm concerned.  Is anyone aware of more clear pictures that might help me see Prayer Man better so I can form an idea of what I think?

On 12/31/2017 at 4:54 PM, Rich Pope said:

I hope I don't get into trouble posting another comment about Prayer Man.  I had never heard of this theory until last year.  I found it a fascinating idea however, when I look at the pictures of the front entrance to the TSBD, I can't tell anything because the quality is so poor.  One person, I don't remember who said it was Oswald holding a cheese sandwich (apparently Oswald loved cheese sandwiches and ate them often for lunch).  Another person said it was Oswald holding his camera (the Imperial Reflex).  I simply can't imagine that if the President were driving by my place of business that I wouldn't be out there with a camera taking pictures.  It seems like a perfectly logical thing to do as far as I'm concerned.  Is anyone aware of more clear pictures that might help me see Prayer Man better so I can form an idea of what I think?

Why on earth would (or should) you be worried about that lol? It is absolutely terrible that the older thread is no longer open...

B.A. Copeland,

I try to put myself in the shoes of others to figure out their actions and motives.  There is a book I once read, and I'm sorry I can't remember the title, but the theory went that Malcolm Wallace was on the 6th floor along with someone operating a radio.  Oswald was there too, but Wallace lied to Oswald and said the motorcade was running late.  Wallace told Oswald to go get him a Coke while they wait.  Of course the motorcade was on time, Oswald was on the second floor getting the coke for Wallace and then everything went down.  Imagine being in the lunch room looking at a Coke machine hearing gunshots and screaming.  At that moment Oswald realized xxxx's going to happen.

Interesting notion about LHO holding a camera. If he was bailing-out of the assassination operation and wanted to be able to prove where he was, what better way to do-so than by taking photos from the front steps? Compared to holding up a bank in a fake robbery that puts you in jail for 5 years, like Richard Nagell, LHO may have thought that he found a safe way out.