The Education Forum

Thanks for the comments, Paul. It certainly is a mystery.

One question for now, it's probably been addressed in the past: I seem to remember a witness on the grassy knoll report meeting a policeman with no hat and dirty hands immediately after the assassination. Could this possibly tie in?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/7/2018 at 9:29 AM, Andrew Prutsok said:

I'm not sure a quality education is necessarily related to a person's honesty and truthfulness.

Assembling an corporate-sponsored team of "experts and witnesses" behind one to split the profits of a book deal and movie deal speaks wonderfully of one's business acumen.

Edited by David Andrews

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, Denny Zartman said:

I have Into the Nightmare and haven't finished it yet. I really would like to understand the Tippit shooting, so I need to go back to it soon.

Denny,

May I recommend to you a book by Professor Walter Brown, Treachery in Dallas (1995)?

I mention this book because of its fresh take on the Tippit shooting.   According to Professor Brown, the Dallas Police did not honor the death of Officer Tippit very much by its hasty treatment of his death.   Brown says that we know less about the Tippit murder than any other murder in Dallas, because the Dallas Police shut it down so quickly.

Was he correct?   Your comments would be interesting to me.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

22 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Denny,

May I recommend to you a book by Professor Walter Brown, Treachery in Dallas (1995)?

I mention this book because of its fresh take on the Tippit shooting.   According to Professor Brown, the Dallas Police did not honor the death of Officer Tippit by its hasty treatment of his death.   Brown says that we know less about the Tippit murder than any other murder in Dallas, because the Dallas Police shut it down so quickly.

Was he correct?   Your comments would be interesting to me.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

I'm currently reading Treachery in Dallas, having just started it this past weekend. Fascinating stuff. Brown zeroes right in on the DPD. 

Edited by Roger DeLaria

1 hour ago, Roger DeLaria said:

I'm currently reading Treachery in Dallas, having just started it this past weekend. Fascinating stuff. Brown zeroes right in on the DPD. 

Does Professor Brown consider the possibility that Tippit might have been a Dealey Plaza shooter? After I read McBride’s book I examined that possibility, mainly because McBride interviewed Tippit’s father (no one had done so before) and found out that the old man’s son was a crack shot. Tippit’s movements before the assassination do not preclude the possibility. 

Thank you for the suggestion of Treachery In Dallas, Paul. It looks very interesting. I will be sure to order it soon.

I'm still thinking carefully about the Roscoe White story. I need to go back over everything I can find, make some notes, and try to sort it out a little bit more.

13 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Thank you for the suggestion of Treachery In Dallas, Paul. It looks very interesting. I will be sure to order it soon.

I'm still thinking carefully about the Roscoe White story. I need to go back over everything I can find, make some notes, and try to sort it out a little bit more.

Denny,

One of the reasons that I recommended the book, Treachery in Dallas (1995), was because it has an interesting story about Roscoe White.

It begins with a child, perhaps 12, named Mike Robinson.  He knew JD Tippit, and he lived close enough to the Dallas Police Station to often ride there on his bike and snoop around with his pals.  On the day of the JFK Assassination, young Mike rode there, left their bikes outside, and walked inside.  It was packed with reporters and policemen.

They looked around and gawked at all the excitement.  The President was killed in Dallas!   Even more, JD TIppit was killed!  Mike and his pals knew JD Tippit.  They didn't like him, but they had known him, so this was a big deal.

Then Mike had to use the bathroom, so he went downstairs and found a stall.  It was empty except for Mike -- and he was a little nervous about being there, since it was the Policeman's bathroom.   When some men began to enter, Mike raised his feet in the stall and remained very quiet so as to be undetected.   The two men were arguing in excited tones.  They were Dallas Police.

Then one of the men urged the other -- "Why did you have to go and kill JD?"   Mike silently gasped.  JD TIppit!  

After they left, Mike waited for a while before washing his hands and leaving.   When he did, he heard those same two voices outside.   Since the two men had thought the bathroom was empty, they stopped talking to see who emerged.  Mike shyly glanced up, to see one of them men staring directly at him with a cross look on his face.   This man, Mike Robinson claims to this very day, was Roscoe White.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Is Mike Robinson alive today?

How well has he and his story been studied?

The story is compelling of course, but as always, nothing if untrue,

When did Mike Robinson first make his story known and to whom?

Does anyone know the title of the thread here that discusses Robinson's story? 

I was the exact same age as Mike Robinson the day JFK was slaughtered.

I still have a clear and vivid recollection of almost everything I did and saw and heard that weekend, culminating with my most vivid memory of all... watching Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald inside the Dallas PD building, 11,24,1963.

Edited by Joe Bauer

51 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Interesting that no photos of Tippit's body at the crime scene were taken, or that any taken have not emerged.

More than interesting. 

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Is Mike Robinson alive today?

How well has he and his story been studied?

The story is compelling of course, but as always, nothing if untrue,

When did Mike Robinson first make his story known and to whom?

Does anyone know the title of the thread here that discusses Robinson's story? 

I was the exact same age as Mike Robinson the day JFK was slaughtered.

I still have a clear and vivid recollection of almost everything I did and saw and heard that weekend, culmination with my most vivid memory of all... watching Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald inside the Dallas PD building, 11,24,1963.

Take a look in the past threads for this legend.  Not sure, however, when the last time Robinson was interviewed.

David I typed "the kid in the restroom" and "Mike Robinson" in the search box...and nothing comes up except our own recent posts.

Would this story be in a past "Roscoe White" thread.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:46 AM, Paul Trejo said:

Denny,

One of the reasons that I recommended the book, Treachery in Dallas (1995), was because it has an interesting story about Roscoe White.

Thanks for the excerpt. I hadn't heard that story before. If true, it's incriminating and I suppose the first real non-family member witness that could support the Roscoe White theory.

Unfortunately, is also written that "some of the narrative cited above came to light as a result of hypnosis." That alone is enough for skeptics to dismiss it.

It's a real shame, especially if the main details of being in the police station and having a friend with a high-ranking father in the police department are accurate.