The Education Forum

Theory-In-Progress

"To use a baseball analogy, any theory that posits that the Soviets killed JFK, (given the relations between the 2 powers at that time) is pretty far out there in a ballpark with a very spacious right field. There's no motive."

-- Kirk Gallaway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How ironic, then, that we somehow ended up with a pro-KGB-boy Vladimir Putin, anti-NATO "useful idiot" as our current president.

You know, after only ninety-plus years Soviet/Russian "active measures" counterintelligence ops, artfully interwoven with fifty-eight years of "strategic deception" ops against us and our allies, and the attendant over-the-top Conspiracy Theory Mindset said ops engendered, encouraged, and manipulated.

(Hey, who needs fact-checking when we have groovy click-bait "news items," "ads," and algorithms!  Thank you very much, Roger Ailes.  Your mentor, Vladislav Surkov, would be proud.)

--  Tommy  :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, here goes Tommy with his molehunt madness.

And now he is even endorsing Golitsyn.

Its like he never read the David Wise book on Angleton.  That book shows how many careers were ruined because of Golitsyn's BS which Angleton actually swallowed.

And as I said before, Popov was not uncovered by a spy.  As Mangold proved in his book, it was a mistake in tradecraft, and Angleton knew that.

I don't know why these people talk about Angleton when they have not read anything about him except State Secret.

To me, you cannot talk about Angleton and the JFK case, without mentioning the Hunt memorandum.

Try and find the last time Tommy mentioned that. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 1/17/2018 at 8:22 PM, James DiEugenio said:

OMG, here goes Tommy with his molehunt madness.

Its like he never read the David Wise book on Angleton.  That book shows how many careers were ruined because of Golitsyn's BS which Angleton actually swallowed.

And as I said before, Popov was not uncovered by a spy.  As Mangold proved in his book, it was a mistake in tradecraft, and Angleton knew that.

I don't know why these people talk about Angleton when they have not read anything about him except State Secret.

To me, you cannot talk about Angleton and the JFK case, without mentioning the Hunt memorandum.

James,

"Molehunt" was written in 1992, for cryin' out loud.  And yes, I have read it.

Have you gotten around to reading Tennent H. Bagley's 2007 book "Spy Wars" yet, or even his much shorter 2014 PDF "Ghosts of the Spy Wars"?

Please get back to me when you have, so we can have an equally well-informed and intelligent debate.

PS. Your boy Mangold was wrong about Popov.  If you'll finally read " Spy Wars" you'll realize that he was betrayed to the Ruskies in 1957 by Edward Ellis Smith, the first CIA officer the KGB ever recruited.

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2018 at 10:15 PM, Thomas Graves said:

James posted:

OMG, here goes Tommy with his mole hunt madness.

I don't know why these people talk about Angleton when they have not read anything about him except State Secret.

James,

"Molehunt" was written in 1992, for cryin' out loud.  And yes, I have read it. 

Have you gotten around to reading Tennent H. Bagley's 2007 book "Spy Wars" yet, or even his much shorter 2014 PDF "Ghosts of the Spy Wars"?

Please get back to me when you have, so we can have an equally well-informed and intelligent debate.

PS  Your boy Mangold was as naive and gullible as his mentors Leonard McCoy, et al., and therefore totally wrong about Popov.  If you'll finally read "Spy Wars," you'll realize that Popov was betrayed to the Ruskies in 1957 by Edward Ellis Smith, the first CIA officer the KGB ever recruited.

Consolidated, edited and bumped

--  TG

Edited by Thomas Graves