The Education Forum

Has anyone else read this book?

"Written as a fast-moving novel, Charles W. Weaver writes with more than a casual observer's perspective. From a young radio salesman dispatched to collect the monthly advertising revenue from Jack Ruby's SILVER SPUR in Dallas, to overseeing a ship docked in international waters of the Baltic Sea that may have been doing more than just playing Rock 'n Roll, Weaver's fictionalized web of conspiracies will leave the reader with little doubt about the men who killed Kennedy."

Triple Double Cross: The Story Behind the Conspiracies to Murder John F. Kennedy Hardcover – June 10, 2008

by Charles W. Weaver (Author)
In the 1970s I met and talked with Bill Weaver before he wrote this book. I was investigating the bogus claims made about the start of Radio Caroline in the UK during 1964. What I learned from Bill Weaver all checked out as true. I recently bought a copy of this book he privately published. He had boxes of books delivered to his garage, only to have them wiped out by Hurricane Ike flooding. Meantime, Bill had died following a long physical illness. The book falls into four sections. One part is based upon input from Jones Harris; another part centers around Phillip de Vosjoli; another part deals with the offshore 'pirate' radio ship Bon Jour which Weaver claims was chartered to the CIA and anchored off Stockholm as a listening post to KGB transmissions in the Baltic Sea. The ship station called Radio Nord lasted only a brief time and was allegedly the work of Clint Murchison and Gordon McLendon with management by Robert Thompson. Weaver claims that Radio Nord was a 'cover' for the CIA listening post on board ship. Weaver worked in management for McLendon at Houston and he did have custody of the vessel when it berthed at Galveston in March 1963, and remained there until December 1963. That part I have verified. But Weaver claims and his wife who I have spoken to confirms, that Weaver was sent to Stockholm to close Radio Nord down after it had served its CIA purpose. That was in the summer of 1961. The last part of the book appears to have been written hastily by someone else after Weaver died - because it is poorly written and total fiction. There are only a few copies of this book still available. After I bought a used copy at exorbitant price, others came forward to offer copies at a reasonable price. I am working on a research project for publication and I would like feedback from anyone who has read this book. 

On January 26, 2018 at 2:42 AM, Mervyn Hagger said:

Has anyone else read this book?

"Written as a fast-moving novel, Charles W. Weaver writes with more than a casual observer's perspective. From a young radio salesman dispatched to collect the monthly advertising revenue from Jack Ruby's SILVER SPUR in Dallas, to overseeing a ship docked in international waters of the Baltic Sea that may have been doing more than just playing Rock 'n Roll, Weaver's fictionalized web of conspiracies will leave the reader with little doubt about the men who killed Kennedy."

Triple Double Cross: The Story Behind the Conspiracies to Murder John F. Kennedy Hardcover – June 10, 2008

by Charles W. Weaver (Author)
In the 1970s I met and talked with Bill Weaver before he wrote this book. I was investigating the bogus claims made about the start of Radio Caroline in the UK during 1964. What I learned from Bill Weaver all checked out as true. I recently bought a copy of this book he privately published. He had boxes of books delivered to his garage, only to have them wiped out by Hurricane Ike flooding. Meantime, Bill had died following a long physical illness. The book falls into four sections. One part is based upon input from Jones Harris; another part centers around Phillip de Vosjoli; another part deals with the offshore 'pirate' radio ship Bon Jour which Weaver claims was chartered to the CIA and anchored off Stockholm as a listening post to KGB transmissions in the Baltic Sea. The ship station called Radio Nord lasted only a brief time and was allegedly the work of Clint Murchison and Gordon McLendon with management by Robert Thompson. Weaver claims that Radio Nord was a 'cover' for the CIA listening post on board ship. Weaver worked in management for McLendon at Houston and he did have custody of the vessel when it berthed at Galveston in March 1963, and remained there until December 1963. That part I have verified. But Weaver claims and his wife who I have spoken to confirms, that Weaver was sent to Stockholm to close Radio Nord down after it had served its CIA purpose. That was in the summer of 1961. The last part of the book appears to have been written hastily by someone else after Weaver died - because it is poorly written and total fiction. There are only a few copies of this book still available. After I bought a used copy at exorbitant price, others came forward to offer copies at a reasonable price. I am working on a research project for publication and I would like feedback from anyone who has read this book. 

Your mention of Phillip de Vosjoli piques my interest. I would like to read the book. Could you summarize briefly the part of the book that deals with him? What I know, or think I know, about him was that he was French Intelligence head in the US, that he 'defected' here in Nov. 1963, and flew to Mexico right after the JFK assassination and stayed with retired US Army Colonel Brandstetter, co-founder with Jack Crichton of the 488th Army Intelligence unit in Dallas. 

Paul, someone has put a $20 copy of the Weaver book on Amazon. Regarding his mention of Vosjoli. It boils down to CIA in tatters and blind to Cuba. Weaver says that the KGB has infiltrated French Intel to the point that Vosjoli was asked to spy on the USA. Vosjoli could still travel to Cuba and French Embassy contract employees there told him about the Russian missiles being trucked through their villages. Vosjoli then learned of a ship on its way to Cuba. He made three attempts to warn JFK through channels of the danger. On the third go his information got through and a plane was sent to the Vosjoli coordinates to confirm his info. Then the famous sequence of U2 overflight photos of Cuba took place and the rest is (claimed) history .... As for Vosjoli he became persona non-grata to French Intel and did as you stated, ended up in Mexico. I am now awaiting delivery of a copy of his memoirs and other material in order to cross-reference Weaver's account.