The Education Forum

The KGB and the JFK case

RIch:

What makes you think the CIA had no relationship with Oswald once he returned from the USSR?

Many people would discern evidence that they did.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

The Russians had nothing to do with the assassination.  They did however, allow Lee Oswald to return to the states with his new Russian bride and their new child because Oswald promised to feed them intelligence information.  And since the information Oswald had already fed the Russians with respect to the U-2 program, the Russians felt he would prove to be a credible source.  Of course when Oswald had made his way back to the states, the CIA cut him off because they had already used him for his purpose as a participant in the false defector program.  Marina herself was KGB but it wasn't working out well because Oswald and Marina lived separately.  Oswald in a room in a boarding house and Marina with Ruth Paine who by the way, Ruth's sister was CIA.  

Reading Rich's posts is like reading George Sawetelle's. It's like he has some omniscient connection to the truth underlying the assassination that gets sputtered out on occasion. There is no indication as to what evidence, documents, events or statements inform his view; no "IMO's" or "in my theory", "in my reading" or the like. It's as if we could all sit down and listen to Rich for a little while and we could all wash our hands of this thing.

Rich, is there any evidence for your above claims? I would really like to hear it. It all seems kind of important. Please, will you share?

Edited by Michael Clark

17 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

My source comes from a DIA analysis report and my own dealings as an employee of the CIA.  Notice if you look, the watermark in the paper.  This is an employee copy but the paper has the United States Seal as a watermark.

cia.jpg

Sorry Rich, this is the Internet. That doesn't do me any good. The fact that you would present that in lieu of the evidence, which I suggested you should present, only hurts your case instead of helping it, in my world anyway.

Sincerely,

Michael

12 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

Michael,

There is no pleasing you or I guess anyone.  If you can find ANYTHING like this on the Internet, then get back in touch with me.  In fact, I'll personally give you $1,000 reward if you can find anything like this online.  BTW...It is a felony to impersonate a CIA officer.  So, if I were lying and faking a federal document, I would be put in a federal prison pretty quickly.

Rich

That's rich, Rich.

36 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

Michael,

There is no pleasing you or I guess anyone.  If you can find ANYTHING like this on the Internet, then get back in touch with me.  In fact, I'll personally give you $1,000 reward if you can find anything like this online.  BTW...It is a felony to impersonate a CIA officer.  So, if I were lying and faking a federal document, I would be put in a federal prison pretty quickly.

Rich

To be sure, I am not challenging your claims of past employment. That would be against forum rules. You are not understanding my point, however, so I’ll drop the subject.

Rich:

Which DIA analysis are you speaking about?

Do you have a link to this study?

10 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Do you have a link to this study?

3 hours ago, Rich Pope said:

My source comes from a DIA analysis report and my own dealings as an employee of the CIA.  Notice if you look, the watermark in the paper.  This is an employee copy but the paper has the United States Seal as a watermark.

23 minutes ago, Rich Pope said:

James,

This DIA analysis report is not created for public consumption.  

Rich - I think we are going down a rabbit hole or something. I recall you mentioning previously that some bit of info you had came from sources in the Intel community. I assumed you had friends. When I asked whether you had info on Mankel other than CIA you said no. Now you’ve decided to share with us that you worked, or work, for CIA. I noticed your cello teacher is mentioned in the WC testimony of George Bouhe - not germane but interesting.

Sources are important. A DIA report such as the one you referred to would be of intense interest. But if it is classified in some way and we only have your word it exists with no corroboration, that’s not going to satisfy anyone here. And it’s worrisome that the contents of that report, if it’s real, seem wholly illogical. I’ve never read anything similar, at least not on the forum. 

Im not sure where this is going. 

Rich:

I think what Paul is getting at is why has it not been declassified by the ARRB.