The Education Forum

Man #5 in the Moorman photo

I posted the a 1968 Los Angeles Free Press article on Man #5 seen in the Moorman photo. Since each page may take a while to download, I suggest you save the them on your hard disk for future reference.

http://www.iquebec.com/Assassinat/LAFP_page1.jpg

http://www.iquebec.com/Assassinat/LAFP_page2.jpg

http://www.iquebec.com/Assassinat/LAFP_page3.jpg

http://www.iquebec.com/Assassinat/LAFP_page4.jpg

http://www.iquebec.com/Assassinat/LAFP_page5.jpg

I have just tested the downloading of the pages. It takes about 2 minutes each to download! Sorry about that.

Its worth it for the text--but the graphics are not good (scan of old newpaper).

Who has a good quality MOORMAN photo they can post?

Who has a good quality MOORMAN photo they can post?

Bill Miller tells me this is not a good quality Moorman, yet refrains from providing anything better that isn't severely cropped and enhanced. I'm not sure there is a "good quality MOORMAN," given that it is an old-style polaroid.

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

Thanks Tim--this is typical of what I've seen.

Huge fingerprint, no discernible figures at wall or fence.

Did you read Denis's LA paper (above)?

Why people would think this photo is credible evidence of a gunman

WHILE DISCREDITING the NIX figure is totally beyond me.

One thing, though, look at how Kennedy is poised here--maybe one second before the fatal headshot. I have a hard time seeing how a gunman off to the right, (CLASSIC, BADGEMAN or FILES) could blow out his right rear occipital/parietal with a shot from the fence/wall.

Looks like the overpass position is the only one that could supply that trajectory........John J. McCloy seemed to entertain the possibility of an overpass shooter in his letter posted on Wim's site.

Also, do you see Zapruder and Sitzman? I think I do but they look too big.

Do you see the Car Hood? There is something there, just over the wall.

There is a white space where the marksman is in NIX !

This might be a Polaroid of a Polaroid with the original Moorman retouched, then re-photo'd and then destroyed....not much evidentiary value, really crappy photo.

Wasn't Jean Hill (article) a victim of "natural causes"?

Moorman didn't testify and the polaroid wasn't in the Warren Commission, what does that tell you about the investigation?

Thanks for the NIX download--Shanet

Edited by Shanet Clark

Why people would think this photo is credible evidence of a gunman WHILE DISCREDITING the NIX figure is totally beyond me.  One thing, though, look at how Kennedy is poised here--maybe one second before the fatal headshot....

This might be a Polaroid of a Polaroid with the original Moorman retouched, then re-photo'd and then destroyed....not much evidentiary value, really crappy photo.

Moorman, it seems, has been timestamped as being 4 Zapruder frames after the headshot (4/18s), which raises the question for Badgeman enthusiasts: why would he would be shooting after the president's head has completely exploded? The general history is that Moorman was publicized immediately, with no evidentiary breaks that would allow for an explanation of tampering. But overall, it truly is a "really crappy photo" which I cannot see as "discrediting the Nix figure."

Tim

Tim:

Regarding the absence of a Nix established feature missing from the Polaroid:

It certainly would not have been impossible to take a high resolution Leica 4x5 black and white transparency of the Moorman snapshot,

carefully grey code it and retouch over the classic marksman figure seen in the Nix film,

then project the transparency onto a screen just large enough to...you guessed it, take a polaroid snapshot of the projected image, presto new Moorman instant polaroid snapshot, with no troublesome figures on the grassy knoll

...........the Army, Air and Central agencies, not to mention Howard Hughes film labs and the Robert R. Mullen Company were capable of this, in less than one day..............a speculative explanation.

The LA press story certainly compromises its evidentiary provenance......

Shanet:

I stopped downloading those LA Free Press sites; they took too long and were too non-descript. What is the passage that raises questions about Moorman's "evidentiary provenance?"

Tim

Shanet:

I stopped downloading those LA Free Press sites; they took too long and were too non-descript. What is the passage that raises questions about Moorman's "evidentiary provenance?"

Tim

They shook the girls down over at the police station and held onto the polaroid for a few hours while they leaned on them, hard to tell how long, couple of hours of illegal detention, snapshot in the other room...quite a bad day for Moorman and Jean Hill........thats my take on the article in the LA Free Press 1968. Who knows? It should show Classic Marksman Figure but a ganzfeld is there instead.............

Edited by Shanet Clark

I will try to get smaller files of these pages and post them again.

Shanet:

Tim

They shook the girls down over at the police station and held onto the polaroid for a few hours while they leaned on them, hard to tell how long, couple of hours of illegal detention, snapshot in the other room...quite a bad day for Moorman and Jean Hill........thats my take on the article in the LA Free Press 1968. Who knows? It should show Classic Marksman Figure but a ganzfeld is there instead.............