The Education Forum

Hoover: The President wasn’t hit by the second one LBJ: I say if Connally wouldn’t have been in his way. Hoover: Oh yes, yes! The President would of no doubt been hit. LBJ: He would of then been hit three times. Hoover: He would have been hit three times

Paz Marverde

9 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Would they be talking conspiracy in such a carefree manner, with LBJ, if not Hoover, knowing that it's being taped?

Sure they would. There is another tape, involving LBJ. He knew it was all taped, but nevertheless he said what he said

You can listen it here:

21 minutes ago, Paz Marverde said:

Sure they would. There is another tape, involving LBJ. He knew it was all taped, but nevertheless he said what he said

You can listen it here:

Well, all LBJ is saying there (the WC having completed the framing of Oswald) is that he doesn't believe the single-bullet theory. He agrees with Russell that that's "a lot of stuff."

I personally believe that LBJ at least had foreknowledge of the assassination, which is why he was smiling (and Connally was worriedly frowning) while JFK spoke in Fort Worth that morning. But these tapes don't prove very much. In one he's listening to Hoover and in one he's listening to Russell and that's about it.

I think the point she is trying to make is that LBJ thought these tapes would be classified forever.

Therefore, his real thoughts about the case would be buried.

15 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I think the point she is trying to make is that LBJ thought these tapes would be classified forever.

Well, that's certainly possible. The thing is, do we know how closely LBJ, or Hoover for that matter, followed evidence in the case early on? The fix was in and LBJ left the cover-up to the experts, getting involved only when needed, such as (as I recollect) calling the Dallas authorities to tell them that they had their man so knock it off.

When Russell told LBJ that he didn't believe the single-bullet theory, it's possible that LBJ had never even heard of it.

Edited by Ron Ecker

18 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Yes, that's it. Thanks, Jim. In other words, we should stop listening to this kind of tapes from a post Watergate point of view 

Edited by Paz Marverde

Well Ron, again, this is when the WC is all but over.

Do you really think LBJ did not know a thing about how they pinned the whole affair on LHO?  Not even the SBT?

Again, its disturbing if it is true.

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Well Ron, again, this is when the WC is all but over.

Do you really think LBJ did not know a thing about how they pinned the whole affair on LHO?  Not even the SBT?

Again, its disturbing if it is true.

I don't think anyone knows how much LBJ knew. That's why people have had to make stuff up and write books about it. Blood, Money and Power in the Morning.

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2018 at 8:03 PM, Ron Ecker said:

ecause Hoover didn't know what he was talking about or else knew there was a shooter from the front.

Johnson knows he is taping the call; I dunno, probably JEH knows too. But the way Hoover pours out his bullxxxx he gets all confused.  I agree with you--all he knows is that it was Oswald The whole single magic or 3 bullets haven't been discovered. He has zip curiosity about others even though LBJ will use such to get Earl Warren to take a position where his reputation will be forever ruined. Months later when Angleton rehearses his WC testimony, he demonstrates how one answers to such knowledge. Just say no.