The Education Forum

Cold War played out right in front of me

On 3/3/2018 at 12:42 PM, Steve Thomas said:

Joe,

No. I don't doubt it. I just don't remember running across it before.

The site I usually use for witness testimony is this one: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/wit.htm

mostly because I can cut and paste easily, and it's easy to scroll down several pages at once, rather than trying to go through one page at a time like you have to do with pdf files.

As far as its import, well, a lot of different people attempt suicide for a lot of different reasons. I'd have to look at it in context, and see what else was going on at the time. Was this in New Orleans, or Dallas? Did she take a bunch of sleeping pills: Cut her wrists? Tried to hang herself? Were the police called? Did she go to the hospital?

I would also have to decide if it was a serious attempt or not, or if it was just a move to get attention. For example, I don't believe that Lee's "attempt at suicide" in Russia was an attempted suicide at all.

Steve Thomas

Steve, using the same website you linked for your Marina Oswald Warren Commission testimony, if you go to near the bottom of the 2nd page you will see the suicide exchange between Liebeler and Marina.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Liebeler and Marina

One must wonder how Liebeler has the BUS TICKET for his return trip from Marina 2 weeks prior to the note he writes below...

" I do not think there is "convincing evidence" that Oswald was on the buses as stated"

5a9d9808bb14b_WCD1518p33LiebelertellsFBIonAug271964MarinahasfoundMexicobusstubs13688.jpg.5bf09c0936df7a33e9cd2de3343191fd.jpg

HSCA Hearing and Volumes V11 p236

JFK Exhibit No. 37

[Memorandum]

SEPTEMBER 14, 1964.

To: Mr. Willens.

e. The paragraph on bus transportation starting "There is no firm evidence" should be completely rewritten. I do not think there is "convincing evidence" that Oswald was on the buses as stated. One sentence says he was apparently one of four passengers bound for a point beyond Texas. The next suggests that lie bought a ticket in Houston for Laredo, which is in Texas. The McFarland testimony is given too much weight. I don't think Mexican immigration records show the time of day he crossed the border.  Slawson told me he got the time of crossing from the scheduled arrival of the bus. Now we are using it to show that since he crossed at that time he had to be on the bus.

f . Since we have no direct evidence that Oswald boarded bus 5133 in Houston, the first sentence of the next paragraph ("Hence, the only time . . .") should be changed. That also obviates the necessity that he had to go from New Orleans to Dallas and thence too Houston. There really is almost no evidence at all that he left Houston on that bus and there is really no reason why we should suggest there is . The point can be made without saying that and to seem to rely on really weak evidence is to invite trouble.

g. Again-later in the same paragraph-more reliance on the McFarlands. Their affidavit is very weak-we should not fight it.

h. Then the single ticket from Houston to Laredo again-which probably could not have been Oswald if he were one of the four heading for points beyond Laredo.

i. Also, the assumption that the Twiford call was a local call. Why speculate, make the arguments-he probably would not have called at all if he were not in Houston or going to be in Houston.

j. The conclusion that the evidence is persuasive that Oswald was not in Dallas on September 25 is too strong.

Mr. LIEBELER. I did not ask the FBI for an explanation and they never offered me one.

Mr. CORNWELL. The reason I ask the question is I suppose there might be some chance that the evidence had been fabricated and did not even exist in November 1963. Is that correct? Did you even ask to see if they had checked this location earlier and found nothing?  

Mr. LIEBELER. I don't recall making that request.

:huh:   you mean evidence was .... created??    :news

5a9d98738591f_WCD1518interviewwithMarinawhofindsdelNortebusticket13688OswaldFROMMexicoandcallsLiebeler-13688neverissued.thumb.jpg.6097206a4c288293622611e739718cde.jpg

The Walker note, the DeMohrenschildt photograph, this bus ticket... It's a wonder they didn't turn the Paine residence into some kind of religious shrine with all this stuff falling out of the clear blue sky.

Steve Thomas

... the typewriter letter of 11/9 mailed 11/2,   the Backyard photos and negatives,    the rifle blanket and string

and they went back on the 23rd...   They find negatives (AND photos) of Oswald holding a rifle and a pistol... probably the most important thing found on the 23rd...

Do we see that on here?   of course not....

0118-001.thumb.gif.9504ccb37d2e23288db877ae7d4b0818.gif

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

... the typewriter letter of 11/9 mailed 11/2,   the Backyard photos and negatives,    the rifle blanket and string

and they went back on the 23rd...   They find negatives (AND photos) of Oswald holding a rifle and a pistol... probably the most important thing found on the 23rd...

Do we see that on here?   of course not....

David,

Just to keep up with the official narrative, the Detectives only did a cursory search on the 22nd. Fritz had sent them to W. 5th St. without a search warrant. They packed up Marina, Ruth and the kids and headed back downtown. They went back on the 23rd and tore the garage apart.

The part I loved is when Ruth left and went grocery shopping, leaving them there alone.

Steve Thomas

12 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Just to keep up with the official narrative, the Detectives only did a cursory search on the 22nd.

Gonna have to disagree with you Steve...

The list of stuff taken from 2515 on the 22nd was pretty substantial.  How else could DRAIN take so much back to the FBI that night?

On the other page I posted mentions the 23rd...

Mr. STOVALL. At that time we told her that we wanted to search the house. We explained to her that we did not have a search warrant but if she wanted us to get one we would, and she said, "That won't be necessary"--for us to come right on in, so we went on in the house and started to search out the house, and the part of the house that I searched was the front bedroom where Marina Oswald was staying. There are quite a few items on the list of property I have--I believe you have a copy of it. There are two that were taken out of that bedroom there---a bunch of camera equipment, for one thing. 

0113-001.thumb.gif.ab5167adf4fac7b661658f6cb4732c05.gif 0113-002.thumb.gif.3f2a9a7798929775b868b3a5c8bd1a0a.gif