The Education Forum

General Walker, Lee Harvey Oswald and Dallas Officials

18 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

I've spent most of my time reading through raw releases of government documents.  Robert Morris is barely visible in these sources.    I have thought Morris might be something of a brainy guy who gets things done behind the scenes, carefully avoiding both attention and suspicion.   Do you still see Morris as a central connection to guys like Hall and Walker?   

Jason

Jason,

The first time that Robert Morris appears in my research into General Walker, was in December 1962, when Walker was out on bail for his role in the Ole Miss racial riots of 9/30/1962.    General Walker had two attorneys working that case -- General Clyde Watts, his trustworthy pal (also gay?) and Robert Morris.

Robert Morris took the lead in front of the Grand Jury in Mississippi, and he got Walker fully acquitted.   The strategy that Morris used was fairly brilliant -- he concentrated only on the fact that JFK and RFK had sent General Walker to an insane asylum the day after the Ole Miss riots, and the fact that the ACLU got Walker out in less than five days.

Robert Morris pressed the issue before the Grand Jury by having a line-up of psychiatrists take the stand -- DO YOU SAY THAT GENERAL WALKER IS INSANE?

That was the strategy.   When the majority consensus of the psychiatrists was that General Walker was sane -- that was the end of the hearing.   General Walker was allowed to go free.   Robert Morris was  a brilliant attorney.

One of the reasons that Robert Morris took this case was that Robert Morris was also a stellar member of the John Birch Society.   Back in 1962/1963, the image of the John Birch Society was also tied up with the image of General Walker.  So, it was largely a defense of the John Birch Society.   As I say, Morris was brilliant.

Before this time, also, Morris was President of the University of Dallas (1956-1958) and an aspiring politician on the Right, and good friends with Kent and Phoebe Courtney.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Paul,

2. Do you agree with me that the John T Martin film I reference above is proof Walker by the summer of 63 has some insight or influence or control over Oswald's actions?  (because how else could "John T Martin" go straight from General Walker's house in Dallas to filming Oswald handing out FPCC leaflets on Canal St in New Orleans?)     

Jason

Jason,

2.  I emphatically agree that the John T Martin that you reference above is PROOF that by the summer of 1963, General Walker is tracking Lee Harvey Oswald with a fine toothed comb.

There is no other logical explanation that this young member of the Minnesota Minutemen could travel straight from General Walker's house in Dallas to filming Oswald handing out FPCC leaflets on Canal St in New Orleans.

As Gary Schoener and Harold Weisberg found in 1966, Jack T. Martin was a former US Army private under General Walker in Germany.

Notice how these historical facts harmonize with my CT that Oswald was recruited into the Radical Right in 1963 without his knowledge.    Oswald was told that he was working for the CIA.  There is no other logical explanation to keep Oswald playing along with the Radical Right through New Orleans, Mexico City and Dallas, without this charade.    

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul - intriguing, but far from proof that Walker was monitoring Oswald. I tried looking at that film and I don’t recall being able to even spot Oswald in the film. Perhaps you or Jason could post a link to the film so I/we can watch it again. 

5 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Oswald was drafted into the Radical Right by General Walker, but Oswald had no clue of this.  Oswald only knew that a voice from the past invited him to New Orleans to try out for a "full time job in the CIA," namely, his old mentor, David Ferrie.  Of course, Ferrie was never really in the CIA, and this was a total sham.

3.   This would explain why there was no FPCC in Dallas.   The idea arises in the sheep dip devised by David Ferrie in New Orleans for Guy Banister, and ultimately for General Walker.   In my CT, Oswald still doesn't know that he's now a member of the Radical Right.  He is told that he is working on a project that will get him into the CIA as a full-time employee.   He believes the lies being told to him by David Ferrie and Guy Banister in New Orleans to this effect.

All best,

--Paul

Paul,

Oswald is definitely under Banister's command in New Orleans.  I agree with you at least in part because the New Orleans cell of conspirators -established primarily by the work of Jim Garrison- is almost beyond dispute.   Banister, Shaw, Ferrie & friends are easily programming Oswald during the summer of 1963.    The great (or unfortunate) legacy of Garrison is that the New Orleans cell is a pillar of the conspiracy theories which put the CIA behind the Kennedy assassination.   I've reviewed 1000s of CIA/FBI files and never seen a shred of evidence indicating anyone in New Orleans was taking orders from the CIA, but why don't we leave that aside for a moment?

I think you are taking the basic evidence Garrison compiled and instead of CIA sponsorship, you are substituting General Walker and the Radical Right as the paymasters and leaders, correct?  Maybe you can provide evidence that instead of the CIA, it was Walker and/or the Radical Right wingers who were ordering and funding Banister and the New Orleans cell?

Jason

HSCA Report, Volume 9

HSCA_on_ferrie_camp_st.png

4 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Paul,

...I think you are taking the basic evidence Garrison compiled and instead of CIA sponsorship, you are substituting General Walker and the Radical Right as the paymasters and leaders, correct?  Maybe you can provide evidence that instead of the CIA, it was Walker and/or the Radical Right wingers who were ordering and funding Banister and the New Orleans cell?

Jason

Jason,

I get my orientation here from Dr. Jeffrey Caufield.   He told me personally in 2013, before he published his work on General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy (2015), that he had full access to all of Jim Garrison's papers, and what he saw curled his hair.

For one thing, Jim Garrison did not propose a CIA-did-it CT at the start or peak of his investigation in New Orleans.   On the contrary -- Jim Garrison's original CT was a Radical Right CT, very much like that of Jeff Caufield today.

Jim Garrison did not yet suspect General Walker, but he did suspect Kent Courtney, Guy Banister, the KKK and many other top figures in the Radical Right there in Louisiana.  

In the opinion of Jeff Caufield, the main reason that Jim Garrison switched to a CIA-did-it CT was that the Radical Right in Louisiana put considerable pressure on Garrison -- threatening his life and his family -- and so the CIA-did-it CT was a tremendous relief -- because the CIA would never "confirm, deny or discuss" these matters with anybody except POTUS.

So, the CIA-did-it CT was evidently a secondary CT for the safety of Jim Garrison.  His first choice was a Radical Right CT, but nobody in the USA was willing to follow him there, and the life-and-death threat was too high in the South.   

Jim Garrison always hoped to get more help -- but the FBI (and the US Government) was now married to the successful Lone Nut theory of Lee Harvey Oswald -- and in fact today most Mass Media anchors still accept this half-century old hag as US History.   So, what could Jim Garrison do?

Interesting?

As for proving my case -- I need a lot  more help, obviously.   The CIA-did-it CTers have had almost all JFK Researchers for a half-century.   If only a fraction of them would spend one year reviewing the WC testimony of the Dallas Police and Deputies, I think the Truth would come falling out.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

4 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jim Garrison did not yet suspect General Walker, but he did suspect Kent Courtney, Guy Banister, the KKK and many other top figures in the Radical Right there in Louisiana.  

All best,
--Paul

Paul,

How's this for a Walker-Oswald-KKK-radical right connection?

John Thomas Masen.

He's a Dallas gun dealer who is investigated immediately after the assassination for being one of two viable sources for Carcano bullets.  He was arrested in November, 1963 on federal firearms charges, he has supplied guns to Carlos Bringuier's DRE, he traveled to Mexico extensively in 1963, and his affiliated with the KKK & Minutemen.

Thoughts?

John Masen is of immediate interest as a source of "Oswald's" bullets:

[Warren Commission documents:]

John_Thomas_Masen_WCa1_canvassing_dall_c

John_Thomas_Masen_WC1.png

John_Thomas_Masen_WC2_mexico_and_spanish

FBI on Minutemen in Dallas/Ft Worth linking Masen and General Walker

John_Thomas_Masen_connected_to_Walker.pn

From General Edwin Walker's FBI file:
John_Thomas_Masen_FBI_Walker_file_ding.p

John Masen is known to the police but James Hosty continually denies the Minutemen or John Birch Society members are very active in Dallas:
John_Thomas_Masen_HSCA_minutemen.png

Edited by Jason Ward

ARRB on Walker, John Masen, and the inability to release all documents:

ARRB_walker_1.png

ARRB_walker_2.png

John_Thomas_Masen_ARRB_summary.png

>>>and finally, all the excitement over released documents should be tempered by the fact that the documents first had to be designated as JFK-related in the 1990s for them to be released now.  The released documents had to be obviously JFK-related or one of the leads officially recognized by the ARRB, otherwise they remain undiscovered.   There's lots more out there:

ARRB_not_all_leads_searched.png

12 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

2.  I emphatically agree that the John T Martin that you reference above is PROOF that by the summer of 1963, General Walker is tracking Lee Harvey Oswald with a fine toothed comb.

There is no other logical explanation that this young member of the Minnesota Minutemen could travel straight from General Walker's house in Dallas to filming Oswald handing out FPCC leaflets on Canal St in New Orleans.

Paul,

Maybe Walker used people like his "chauffeur" / houseboy / lover to keep tabs on Oswald:

Walker_Oswald_through_Scottie.png

On 3/6/2018 at 10:50 AM, David Boylan said:

Robert Surrey's children. ...

Surrey....If Paul is right about Walker and the radical right being the authors of the assassination, its been right in front of us all along:

Warren Report p 298

Surrey_Walker_Handbill_WR_298.png

From Baylor University's John Armstrong Papers, 'Additional Oswald Materials', p. 120:

Masen_Minutement_Ellsworth_Oswald_Walker

Edited by Jason Ward

13 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Paul,

How's this for a Walker-Oswald-KKK-radical right connection?

John Thomas Masen.

He's a Dallas gun dealer who is investigated immediately after the assassination for being one of two viable sources for Carcano bullets.  He was arrested in November, 1963 on federal firearms charges, he has supplied guns to Carlos Bringuier's DRE, he traveled to Mexico extensively in 1963, and his affiliated with the KKK & Minutemen.

Thoughts?

John Masen is of immediate interest as a source of "Oswald's" bullets:

FBI on Minutemen in Dallas/Ft Worth linking Masen and General Walker

From General Edwin Walker's FBI file:

John Masen is known to the police but James Hosty continually denies the Minutemen or John Birch Society members are very active in Dallas:

Jason,

I have a number of thoughts about John Thomas Masen.  First, he is involved with the Minutemen, and this would include, in 1963, connections with Interpen, La Sambra, Alpha 66, DRE and all these other Anti-Castro fanatics.

He reminds me of Dick Hathcock, a gun dealer in California who was picked up on 11/22/1963 because the fingerprints of his employee, Roy Payne, were all over a rifle picked up by the FBI in Dallas.   Research showed that the rifle belonged to Gerry Patrick Hemming, and was in the possession of Loran Hall -- both Interpen connected.   

The suggestion to me is that there were multiple JFK Patsies identified, and that the coordinators of the Patsy part of the JFK plot were uncoordinated.   Some wanted one Patsy.  Others thought that multiple Patsies would be helpful.   If one dropped out, the others would still be warm.

As for the "immediate" source of Oswald's bullets, that's a stretch, because underground "Cuba Raiders" would buy and sell from each other at the street and combat level, so there was no real accounting.

The FBI was not the only agency tracking the Minutemen in Dallas / Fort Worth, linking Masen to Walker.   ATF Agent Frank Ellsworth told this to the Warren Commission:

"The Minutemen organization was the right-wing group in Dallas most likely to have been associated with any effort to assassinate President Kennedy.  The Minutemen were closely tied to General Walker."  (Ellsworth, 1964, to Burt Griffin).

Finally, as to the rumor that FBI agent James Hosty "continually denied" activity of Minutemen in Dallas, here is what Hosty himself wrote in his book, Assignment Oswald (1996):

My caseload in the four-man counter-intelligence squad in the Dallas office was dominated by right-wingers.   I spent much of my time tracking the movements and actions of both Klan members and members of former U.S. Army General Edwin Walker's radical militia group, known as the Minutemen.  (Hosty, 1996, Assignment Oswald, p. 4)

If Hosty really did "continually deny" this, then it is odd that his autobiography would openly admit it.  It would be one more inconsistency in the fractured story of FBI agent James Hosty, whom, I would add, was present with Lee Harvey Oswald during the final hour of Oswald's life.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

16 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Paul,

Maybe Walker used people like his "chauffeur" / houseboy / lover to keep tabs on Oswald:

Jason,

Your link refers to "Scotty," whose full  name was William McEwan Duff, also known as "McDuff".   He was a bisexual gigolo living with Walker from November 1962 to February 1963.  In  my reading, the circumstances were approximately as follows: 

1. After Ex-General Walker led the Ole Miss racial riots of 9/30/1962, the next day JFK and RFK tossed Walker into the Springfield, MO insane asylum.   Before five days the ACLU got him out.

2.  When he got home, pending a Grand Jury trial, Walker was met by a large crowd of people at Love Field airport, swinging Confederate flags and signs saying, "Walker for President 1964"

3.  A few days later, a young, good-looking stranger appeared at Walker's doorstep at 4011 Turtle Creek Boulevard in Dallas.   It was "Scotty McDuff".    Scotty said he was a big fan, and he wanted to volunteer to help General Walker in any way possible.   The only trouble was, he had no place to stay and no income.   General Walker immediately invited Scotty to move in.

4.  General Walker's company, "American Eagle Publishing," was run out of his own home there.   Two full-time officers kept offices inside that home, namely, Robert Alan Surrey, who was president of the company, and Julie Knecht, secretary.   They despised McDuff.

5.  Near the end of January, 1963, the Mississippi Grand Jury acquitted General Walker of all charges related to the Old Miss riots of 1962.   Walker immediately made plans for a coast to coast speaking tour with segregationist Evangelist, Billy James Hargis.   They left in mid-February 1963, and were gone for about seven weeks.

6.  The day that Walker and Hargis left on their trip, Surrey and Knecht gathered up all of McDuff's belongings and put them out on the sidewalk.   Good riddance!

7.  The day that Walker returned from his speaking tour, he immediately asked, "Where's McDuff?"    Surrey and Knecht explained their position.   General Walker was not amused.

8.  The night after Walker returned from his speaking tour, on April 10, 1963, somebody tried to shoot Walker as he was sitting in his living room.

9.  Both Surrey and Knecht contacted the Dallas Police, and claimed that McDuff was the likely suspect,   The Dallas Police spent weeks trying to find him, and interviewing neighbors and so on.   It turned out that McDuff also had several girl friends in the area.  They got a lot of data.

10.  They finally found McDuff in Oklahoma.   Clyde Watts, friend and attorney of General Walker, had allowed McDuff to live with him in Oklahoma.   He brought McDuff back to Dallas, and encouraged McDuff to submit to a lie detector test.

11.  The lie detector test absolved McDuff of any shooting plot.   General Walker invited McDuff to move back in with him.   McDuff looked at Surrey and Knecht and said, "No, thanks."  He returned to Oklahoma.

12.  At the Warren Commission hearings in 1964, the WC attorneys asked General Walker if he suspected McDuff of the Walker shooting.   Walker replied, in effect, "Of course not, and if Scotty ever wanted to move back in with me, he would be welcome."

IN CONCLUSION:  It is unlikely that Walker would use Scotty to track Oswald, since Scotty was in Walker's life only until mid-February 1963, and Oswald wasn't on Walker's daily radar until after Easter Sunday 14 April 1963.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos

19 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jason,

I get my orientation here from Dr. Jeffrey Caufield.   He told me personally in 2013, before he published his work on General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy (2015), that he had full access to all of Jim Garrison's papers, and what he saw curled his hair.

For one thing, Jim Garrison did not propose a CIA-did-it CT at the start or peak of his investigation in New Orleans.   On the contrary -- Jim Garrison's original CT was a Radical Right CT, very much like that of Jeff Caufield today.

In the opinion of Jeff Caufield, the main reason that Jim Garrison switched to a CIA-did-it CT was that the Radical Right in Louisiana put considerable pressure on Garrison -- threatening his life and his family -- and so the CIA-did-it CT was a tremendous relief -- because the CIA would never "confirm, deny or discuss" these matters with anybody except POTUS.

So, the CIA-did-it CT was evidently a secondary CT for the safety of Jim Garrison.  His first choice was a Radical Right CT, but nobody in the USA was willing to follow him there, and the life-and-death threat was too high in the South.   

Jim Garrison always hoped to get more help -- but the FBI (and the US Government) was now married to the successful Lone Nut theory of Lee Harvey Oswald -- and in fact today most Mass Media anchors still accept this half-century old hag as US History.   So, what could Jim Garrison do?

Interesting?

As for proving my case -- I need a lot  more help, obviously.   The CIA-did-it CTers have had almost all JFK Researchers for a half-century.   If only a fraction of them would spend one year reviewing the WC testimony of the Dallas Police and Deputies, I think the Truth would come falling out.

All best,
--Paul

With so many shenanigans going on in NO, and Garrison's suspicions, I wonder where Leander Perez might fit into all of this? He certainly ruled Plaquemines Parish with an iron fist, and was very influential. He certainly could have been behind the scenes here in some capacity. I haven't really looked into it yet, but will be reading Leander Perez: Boss Of The Delta by Glen Jeansonne soon, and will see what comes out of it.

http://www.upress.state.ms.us/books/943

2 hours ago, Roger DeLaria said:

With so many shenanigans going on in NO, and Garrison's suspicions, I wonder where Leander Perez might fit into all of this? He certainly ruled Plaquemines Parish with an iron fist, and was very influential. He certainly could have been behind the scenes here in some capacity. I haven't really looked into it yet, but will be reading Leander Perez: Boss Of The Delta by Glen Jeansonne soon, and will see what comes out of it.

http://www.upress.state.ms.us/books/943

Roger,

Excellent connection.  Leander Perez was undoubtedly a mover and shaker among the Radical Right in Louisiana, where a key portion of the JFK Conspiracy was centered.  Leander Perez reportedly organized a meeting in Louisiana two days before the JFK assassination, at the "Jung Hotel."   About 35 people attended, including, Guy Banister, Senator James Eastland, Robert J. Morris (former counsel to Joe McCarthy), Kent Courtney and Ex-General Edwin Walker.   It was a Who's Who of the Radical Right in Louisiana.

I look forward to reading your views about the book on Perez, Boss Of The Delta (1977).

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

3 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Roger,

Excellent connection.  Leander Perez was undoubtedly a mover and shaker among the Radical Right in Louisiana, where a key portion of the JFK Conspiracy was centered.  Leander Perez reportedly organized a meeting in Louisiana two days before the JFK assassination, at the "Jung Hotel."   About 35 people attended, including, Guy Banister, Senator James Eastland, Robert J. Morris (former counsel to Joe McCarthy), Kent Courtney and Ex-General Edwin Walker.   It was a Who's Who of the Radical Right in Louisiana.

I look forward to reading your views about the book on Perez, Boss Of The Delta (1977).

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Morris was also Counsel to Eastland’s Internal Security Subcommittee.

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Morris was also Counsel to Eastland’s Internal Security Subcommittee.

Yes, when General Walker was first relieved of duty in Germany by the Joint Chiefs, the right wing in the US Senate began to cozy up with Walker.

Strom Thurmond led the charge, followed by James Eastland and many others.  They were mostly Republicans, and Walker was a Dixiecrat, but they had segregation as a common goal.  

The Senators hoped to put great pressure on JFK.

--Paul Trejo