The Education Forum

New Poll: Was JJA the Mastermind, or just Really Really Paranoid for No Good Reason?

I mean ... it's obvious that we hadn't been penetrated by those nice Ruskies, so he must have been one or the other, right?   (lol)

Okay ...

1)  Who says: "The evil son-of-a-gun was the mastermind of the assassination of our beloved President!!!" 

2)  Who says:  "He evil son of a gun just masterminded the Cover Up, to protect some evil, evil, evil, evil CIA officers and Agents!!!" 

3)  Who says "The poor guy was just really, really paranoid, and for no darn good reason!!!" 

?

Don't be shy, now ...

--  Tommy  :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Speaking of that crazy evil guy, James Jesus Angleton, has anyone here ever heard of ... Edward Ellis Smith?

Hint:  google  [  "edward ellis smith" kovshuk  ]

Also, did you know that true defector Anatoly Golitsyn unintentionally sent JJA on a long, destructive, "wild goose chase" Mole Hunt by, instead of realizing that the word "SASHA" (in some KGB reports he'd seen about  a Slavic officer/agent who'd penetrated U.S. Intel in postwar Germany and whose last name began with the letter "K" and ended with -sky or -ski) wasn't the dude's KGB codeword, but just the diminutive form of his fake first name "Alexandr" (which Nazi Intel had given him when he was captured in Germany during WWII.)  His full fake Nazi Intel name was "Alexandr Kopatsky," but his real name was Igor Orlov.

Dude was finally tracked down by FBI and CIA many years later in the U.S. (where he'd "worked" for the CIA), but it was after he'd supposedly retired from the KGB, and therefore he was not prosecuted.

This was the long-running, misdirected mole hunt that "ruined the lives" of CIA officers Peter Karlow and Richard Kovich (whom, ironically, I do believe was a mole, seein' as how the three very important KGB defectors he'd handled were all uncovered by the KGB, and seein' as how he was instrumental in very sneakily getting Tennent H. Bagley's very convincing assessment of Nosenko "reviewed" and overturned), and so many others ...

Ironically, Bagley's partner in interviewing Nosenko in Geneva in 1962, George Kisevalter, was never interrogated.  In retrospect, perhaps he should have been.

Edited by Thomas Graves

On 3/13/2018 at 10:25 AM, Thomas Graves said:

I mean, it's obvious we hadn't been penetrated by those nice Ruskies, so he must have been one or the other, right?

1)  Who says: "The evil son-of-a-gun was The Mastermind!!!" 

2)  Who says:  "He just masterminded the Cover Up, but wittingly, to protect some evil, evil CIA officers and Agents!!!" 

3)  Who says "He was just really, really paranoid, and for no darn good reason!!!" 

?

Don't be shy, now ...

Okay, I've decided to add one more option:

4)  Who says, "He unwittingly helped cover up the assassination by trying to protect the sources and methods of his continuing October 1, 1963, "Oswald-To-Kostikov-Phone-Call" mole hunt and/or any other (piggybacked?) moles hunts he'd already begun" ?

That's the one that gets my vote.  Maybe.

How about you?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Note to Mods: For this and other questions, could there be set up an anonymous poll form where one can vote by pushing a radio button, giving persons the option of then revealing their choice in a post, or not, while the voting trend is displayed graphically and numerically in the original post?  Or should we all feel that that's too tacky?

8 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Note to Mods: For this and other questions, could there be set up an anonymous poll form where one can vote by pushing a radio button, giving persons the option of then revealing their choice in a post, or not, while the voting trend is displayed graphically and numerically in the original post?  Or should we all feel that that's too tacky?

Sounds like a Deep State Conspiracy to me.

It's less the anonymity than the graphic representation I'm after.  You'd have to have the option of explicitly posting your position and reasons, because the bar graph couldn't do it for you.  You can see these tote boards on other forums.

Edited by David Andrews

8 hours ago, David Andrews said:

It's less the anonymity than the graphic representation I'm after.  You'd have to have the option of explicitly posting your position and reasons, because the bar graph couldn't do it for you.  You can see these tote boards on other forums.

Oh I see.

On 3/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, Thomas Graves said:

Speaking of that evil and/or really really paranoid James Jesus Angleton, has anyone here ever heard of ... Edward Ellis Smith?

Hint:  google  [  "edward ellis smith" kovshuk  ]

Also, did you know that true defector Anatoly Golitsyn unintentionally sent JJA on a long, destructive, "wild goose chase" Mole Hunt by, instead of realizing that the word "SASHA" (in some KGB reports he'd seen about  a Slavic officer/agent who'd penetrated U.S. Intel in postwar Germany and whose last name began with the letter "K" and ended with -sky or -ski) wasn't the dude's KGB codeword, but just the diminutive form of his fake first name "Alexandr" (which Nazi Intel had given him when he was captured in Germany during WWII.)  His full fake Nazi Intel name was "Alexandr Kopatsky," but his real name was Igor Orlov.

Dude was finally tracked down by FBI and CIA many years later in the U.S. (where he'd "worked" for the CIA), but it was after he'd supposedly retired from the KGB, and therefore he was not prosecuted.

This was the long-running, misdirected mole hunt that "ruined the lives" of CIA officers Peter Karlow and Richard Kovich (whom, ironically, I do believe was a mole, seein' as how the three very important KGB defectors he'd handled were all uncovered by the KGB, and seein' as how he was instrumental in very sneakily getting Tennent H. Bagley's very convincing assessment of Nosenko "reviewed" and overturned), and so many others ...

Ironically, Bagley's partner in interviewing Nosenko in Geneva in 1962, George Kisevalter, was never interrogated.  In retrospect, perhaps he should have been.

Edited a teensy weeny bit and bumped.

Edited by Thomas Graves