The Education Forum

Why I am leaving the forum

I have tried to PM Mr. Jeffries, but he is apparently not accepting PM's.

Then he wonders why he never gets a response.

2 + 2 = 4. 

It really is that simple.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly (really) I didn't expect so much response. I've been thinking about how to proceed. 

First, to Mr. Kinght, I don't imagine some grand conspiracy behind moderator actions, and understand how things slip between the cracks. I too tried to send Mr. Jeffries a message with the same result. I would think moderators have more personal ways to communicate, but perhaps they don't, and that would be a problem in my view. 

I am bothered by the actions against Josephs, and also by the lack of transparency.

i am not a researcher, but I am a good reader, have a decent memory, and I am forever concerned about 'deep' events like assassinations. That will never change. I still manage to dig up leads while reading through posts, so I won't stop that. For now I will continue to receive private messages. I value the notes I've gotten from many posters here. 

I have no choice but to stop engaging with posters whose discourse is one sided and dismissive. I beat my head against their walls because I mistakenly assume that if I could just find the magic words things would change. I'm not a masochist, just overly optimistic.

i really appreciate the good wishes. 

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Honestly (really) I didn't expect so much response. I've been thinking about how to proceed. 

First, to Mr. Kinght, I don't imagine some grand conspiracy behind moderator actions, and understand how things slip between the cracks. I too tried to send Mr. Jeffries a message with the same result. I would think moderators have more personal ways to communicate, but perhaps they don't, and that would be a problem in my view. 

I am bothered by the actions against Josephs, and also by the lack of transparency.

i am not a researcher, but I am a good reader, have a decent memory, and I am forever concerned about 'deep' events like assassinations. That will never change. I still manage to dig up leads while reading through posts, so I won't stop that. For now I will continue to receive private messages. I value the notes I've gotten from many posters here. 

I have no choice but to stop engaging with posters whose discourse is one sided and dismissive. I beat my head against their walls because I mistakenly assume that if I could just find the magic words things would change. I'm not a masochist, just overly optimistic.

i really appreciate the good wishes. 

Paul,

With all due respect, would you please reconsider your drastic decision and ....... stay?

Please?

--  Tommy  :sun

PS  Or will you stay only if David Josephs is welcomed back?

Edited by Thomas Graves

My two cents is I joined this forum for serious intellectual debate on this issue.

I knew I would disagree with some people, as Paul and I have had on a few minor issues.

I knew some more sophisticated and some less sophisticated researchers would be here and there would be debate as to their methods and ideas.

However, I am sickened that trolls are allowed on here.

It makes the forum less professional and distracts from a true debate of ideas.

When someone starts each post with a ridiculous statement such as "with all due respect", it cheapens this site greatly.

This is not intellectual dialogue but mere trolls talk.

I have my own thoughts on the assassination which probably do not fit in well with most here, but, honest debate is a good thing.

Allowing garbage trolls talk is not appropriate.

I am also disgusted by posts by another person, wont name, who refuses to respond to thread questions but instead, dodges the questions and moves to another not related topic in the thread.  He then makes comments like "we know what happened", etc.

Sorry folks, I tend to agree with Paul on this one.

Paul, if you want to go, perfectly understand.

At some point, it becomes less fun when trolls allowed on the forum when one wants to have real discussion about a topic.

Also, why is the word t r o l l not allowed? It keeps deleting it?

Edited by Cory Santos

First, let me also urge Paul to stay on. This forum needs more valuable posters, not less.

I wasn't aware my pm box was full- haven't used it in a while. I cleared out a lot of space, so should be able to receive messages now.

I don't care if Mark Lane or Harold Weisberg was posting here, no one voice should be dominating what passes for discourse here.

4 hours ago, Don Jeffries said:

First, let me also urge Paul to stay on. This forum needs more valuable posters, not less.

I wasn't aware my pm box was full- haven't used it in a while. I cleared out a lot of space, so should be able to receive messages now.

I don't care if Mark Lane or Harold Weisberg was posting here, no one voice should be dominating what passes for discourse here.

He Lives!  (You too Paul, keep posting as long as your fingers and brains work, I think we need all the help we can get and yours is respected by me though I'm not an old timer here).  

10 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

LOL

Good one, Pamela!

I do wear size fifteen "Gordon" dress shoes by Dockers.

I swear to God.

Available at J. C. Penny. (Catalog order, only)

75 bucks, iirc.

PS   Good for "stompin' vermin," one would think.

This passes for relevant discussion about the JFK assassination or the forum itself?

Vermin Eh Thomas?   If you want to see more of that than you'll find on the forum look in the mirror.

As far as the rules of the forum go, if your going to allude to Any other member as such...

You deserve such a response.

6 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

This passes for relevant discussion about the JFK assassination or the forum itself?

Vermin Eh Thomas?   If you want to see more of that than you'll find on the forum look in the mirror.

As far as the rules of the forum go, if your going to allude to Any other member as such...

You deserve such a response.

Ron,

I guess you missed it when a member of this forum alluded to "stomping" "like "vermin" fellow members who have the audacity to disparage the Harvey and Lee theory. 

Edited by Thomas Graves

Did David Josephs get frustrated and quit posting or prevented from doing so?   I can understand the former but not the latter.  Maybe he's just on vacation?

1 minute ago, Ron Bulman said:

Did David Josephs get frustrated and quit posting or prevented from doing so?   I can understand the former but not the latter.  Maybe he's just on vacation?

Ron,

Word is, to use Dawn's colloquialism, he was "axed."

1 minute ago, Thomas Graves said:

Ron,

I guess you missed it when a member of this forum alluded to "stomping" "like "vermin" members who happen to disparage the Harvey and Lee theory.

Yep.  I did miss it.  I'm slow like that.  But even those who disparage Harvey and Lee are not vermin.  Like I said, if You want to call Any member of this forum vermin, you need to look in the mirror first.

39 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yep.  I did miss it.  I'm slow like that.  But even those who disparage Harvey and Lee are not vermin.  Like I said, if You want to call Any member of this forum vermin, you need to look in the mirror first.

I just checked the original.  It wasn't "stomping," that Michael Clark wrote, it was "kiscks (sic) to the head."  And it was "vermin"-like, "thugs"-like, and "rabid dogs"-like "hooligans" Bernie Laverick, Michael Walton, and Lance Payette and/or myself who were allegedly doing the kiscking.

So I got it a little bit backwards, but the violent, dehumanizing imagery is there, and it's inescapable.

Edited by Thomas Graves

It takes an amazingly thick skin to work, personally satisfying as it is, and post thoughts, theories, evidence and full on 6 part essays in the face of ongoing attack.

There are the DVP type, incredulous to even think - attacks which question the stupidity of even considering a different possibility than the WCR result.... Which as we see relies more on faith than fact.

Then there is the Dub'ya type attacks... "Why oh why oh why" is this tactic.... Since the answer is so easy and obvious, why do what you're doing?  A compete lack of intellectual curiosity coupled with the NEED to tear down that which is not understood...  Yes, TEAR DOWN but luckily Chris too perseveres. 

Or the PT rebuttals which treat facts like the current adminstration, both misquoting and misconstruing the words of others while regurgitating debunked lies as accepted fact.

I don't need to agree with Armstrong or Lifton or Jim or anyone for that matter... To show the respect due and debate facts and their authenticity over opinions and insults....  

Again, why should a man like Lifton bother sharing his work when he is met by a whiny attack dog with an attitude?

Why should any of us for that matter?   So while I keep my membership to check in on any updates, the gems found within the 33000 rows of doc links from last year's release Will be posted and discussed elsewhere... 

Will the leadership of this forum recognizes trolling for the subtle yet devastating tactic it is...  Versus the flare-like "insults" I hurl to bring your attention to the matter?   I do not attack unless provoked... I have no desire to debate those coming here completely unarmed, yet the unarmed receives the greatest leeway of all.... 

I'll take my effort and work elsewhere for now

:up

Btw, a year ago... May 1 2017... I get this from MW:  Had forgotten all about it....  Still trying to quit... Has nothing more to say.... And agrees with everyone else... A year ago, that :sun needs to learn some manners.  

We were still at odds over his MATH attacks... So what happens in a year to make him so disrespectful? Asking him not to whine about subjects he doesn't understand????

:huh:

"David, I wish you the best on this - I really do.  Like I said you're smart - your gun work and MC is great.  Honestly, I'm trying to quit this damn forum.  I really am.  Not because of you but because of people like Graves and Mike Clark. I think I've said just about all I can on the forum but the rest with Graves it feels like he's taking over the whole damn thing.

For me, the true remaining possible breakthroughs for the case will be these - if they ever happen:

A pristine copy from the PM footage is released and reveals if PM is LHO.

The document release this October.