The Education Forum

"Oswald's" CIA Cryptonym: RX-ZIM

13 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Thanks, much belatedly, Gene.

Even after all these years, I'd like to thank Bill Simpich for inserting the following, however cautiously, into the Mary Ferrell Foundation JFK database:

https://www.maryferrell.org/php/cryptdb.php?id=RXZIM

This is progress!  Thanks again, Bill!

I find that generally the cryptonym database at Mary Ferrell's site is pretty accurate. There are a few that are questionable but the vast majority are accurately caregorized. But I believe it is a mistake to include this completely uncorroborated assertion even though it is labeled "speculative." 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/24/2018 at 6:14 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

Jim,

I'm afraid I didn't frame my question well.

Yes, I know that Wilcott's testimony supports the Harvey & Lee theory. Just like it supports the "Oswald was a CIA agent" theory. (Both of which I consider to be proven facts, given their respective levels of supporting evidence.)

What I an wondering is this: OTHER THAN ITS EVIDENCE FOR OSWALD BEING A CIA AGENT, can you think of any of Wilcott's testimony that supports the Harvey and Lee theory in particular?

The one thing I can think of is the apparent fact that it was referred to as the "Oswald Project," at least casually so. It seems to me that CIA projects would not normally be named after a participating agent. In this case it is as though OSWALD was the "star" of the project.

My thinking is that it was named the "Oswald Project" because it involved multiple Oswalds.

Sandy,

Just my opinion, but I don't think Mr. Wilcott knew there were recorded patterns of multiple Oswalds.  I do think Mr. Wilcott was one of the bravest Americans of the past century!

On 10/1/2021 at 9:11 AM, W. Tracy Parnell said:

I find that generally the cryptonym database at Mary Ferrell's site is pretty accurate. There are a few that are questionable but the vast majority are accurately caregorized. But I believe it is a mistake to include this completely uncorroborated assertion even though it is labeled "speculative." 

Tracy,

So, you just want to bury the claim of a former CIA paymaster active when JFK was murdered that, in 1963, "Lee Harvey Oswald" was paid by the CIA and that his encrypted codename was RX/ZIM?

2 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Tracy,

So, you just want to bury the claim of a former CIA paymaster active when JFK was murdered that, in 1963, "Lee Harvey Oswald" was paid by the CIA and that his encrypted codename was RX/ZIM?

There’s nothing to bury. Tracy has already offered a perfectly plausible and logical alternative to Wilcott’s completely unsubstantiated claims:

http://wtracyparnell.blogspot.com/2017/03/james-wilcott.html?m=1

Edited by Jonathan Cohen

57 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

There’s nothing to bury. Tracy has already offered a perfectly plausible and logical alternative to Wilcott’s completely unsubstantiated claims:

Off-topic, but related to the opening of this article: Where can I find the GS ratings appropriate to career CIA officers?  Generic modern ratings, not applicable to historical figures.

Edited by David Andrews

11 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Thank you Jonathan. Yes, there is no chance of any crazy story that remotely supports the Armstrong narrative being "buried." I just believe that the claim regrading the alleged cryptonym is much too speculative to be included at a prestigious site like MF.

It should be noted that RX is not among the standard crypt bigrams listed in the Mary Ferrell Foundation overview,and the purported crypt itself is described as "alleged" - from the Wilcott testimony.

The crypt itself is noted as "contested"  and its status as "speculative",  indicating that no documents or other sources have been found to support it.

It is referenced among the cryptonyms because it is in the literature and people may be curious about it.  The presentation text gives an objective view as to its source and level of verification.

Larry,

Fair enough.  But it should also be noted that, according to the HSCA’s long-suppressed notes:

“Committee did stress analysis on Jim Wilcott.  Cuban stress analysis verified Wilcott validity.  Available if needed”.

And:

“Mr. Wilcott advised that he would gladly submit to a polygraph examination and inquired when and where the examination would be given.”

CIA employee Ann Egerter indirectly confirmed Mr. Wilcott’s assertion that LHO was an Agency employee. 

Mrs. Egerter, who worked for J.J. Angleton's Counterintelligence Special Interest Group (CI/SIG), belatedly opened a "201" file on Oswald on December 9, 1960.  Mrs. Egerter testified to the HSCA: "We were charged with the investigation of Agency personnel....”  When asked if the purpose was to "investigate Agency employees," she answered, "That is correct." When asked, "Would there be any other reason for opening up a file?" she answered, "No, I can't think of one."

For more details on the above, see my post on page 2 of this thread.

Here is a review of the aforementioned book.  

''This meticulously documented expose gives the lie to the official CIA position that it had no relationship of any kind with Lee Harvey Oswald, alleged assassin of President John Kennedy. A former U.S. military intelligence officer for 20 years, Newman (JFK and Vietnam) relies primarily on newly released government documents made available within the last three years under the JFK Assassination Records Act, passed in 1992, which mandates that the U.S. government make available all its information on this case. Using CIA, FBI, military and American embassy files to reconstruct Oswald's activities from his 1959 defection to the Soviet Union up until his murder, Newman shows that the CIA was spawning a web of deception about Oswald weeks before the president's murder. For example, the agency has denied that it knew about Oswald's 1963 visits to the Cuban consultant in Mexico City, but Newman refutes this, using interlocking CIA and FBI cables and reports. The evidence presented here, though fragmentary and based on heavily censored and edited documents, strongly suggests that the CIA had a keen operational interest in Oswald, that it kept tabs on him and that Oswald, either willingly or as a patsy, was deeply involved in CIA operations. CIA documents suggest that the agency had a hand in Oswald's defection to the Soviet Union and monitored his activities there and his return home in June 1962. This heavily annotated tome, which reads like an intricate spy thriller, serves as a corrective to Norman Mailer's Oswald's Tale. '' -- Publishers Weekly

Bill Kelly did some work on Oswald while he was in the USSR.  Apparently LHO wrote 3 times to an organization saying he wanted to come back to the US. Gehlen , one of HItler's intelligence chiefs, had a strong connection to that organization.  Bill's  blogs are JFK Countercoup and JFK Countercoup2 .   And, Mae Brussell wrote about the poopoo connection to the JFKA.  Dulles was that connection, in my opinion.