The Education Forum

General Walker - for the rest of us

8 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

I have read Edwin Walker’s entire Dallas speech as it was presented in the Dec. 17, 1961 edition of the Phoenix Arizona Republic newspaper.  It is not a terribly interesting article, but it is very much in the zeitgeist of the Cold War era.  If I can briefly summarize it, Maj. Gen. Walker seemed to feel that the Commies were out to get us and that, although God was on our side, U.S. leaders, including Truman and Eisenhower and surely Kennedy, were too soft on the Communist Menace.  For example, Walker thought that the 1948 Berlin Airlift was a political defeat for us, and he was apparently still angry about the recall of Douglas MacArthur by Truman.

Here is an excerpt from the first full page of the article (I couldn’t possibly reproduce the whole thing here.)

Edwin_Walker_AZ_Rep.jpg

If there was much in this article that should be of interest to Kennedy assassination researchers, I must have missed it.  Again, although Newspapers.com requires a paid subscription to see the page, I easily found it without charge through the "online databases" section of my local public library’s website.

Jim, I have no way of knowing whether you can speak for all "Kennedy assassination researchers" as you put it, but you certainly did miss the entire reason why I drew attention to the article. Again (and this is getting tedious), I came here not as a "Kennedy assassination researcher", and many on here on not researching anything but offering their opinions about events; I came here as a genuine researcher looking for additional leads. So far I have yet to find any. But as for the article, snip again, but this time, snip the appropriate section.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is about Walker, and Walker blamed Eugene Bernald for all his problems, and Walker linked Bernald to two CIA 'fronts'. This is my last comment here since I see no benefit to myself and it is clear that you have nothing more to add.

Edited by Mervyn Hagger

Mr. Hagger, I would hope that, when you came here, you realized that a JFK assassination discussion forum's primary purpose is to discuss the assassination of JFK. If that bores you, then I would ask why you came here in the first place. I mean, one does not go to the Republican National Convention to discuss landscaping, even if the periphery of the convention site is nicely landscaped. 

In this forum I will concede that General Edwin Anderson Walker has probably not been researchers deeply as you have already done. But since the forum IS about the JFK assassination, I would say you have no reason to scoff at the 600+ pages of posts here as worthless.

If you feel you should leave, I would not encourage you to stay, nor would I encourage you to hasten your departure. But I would liken your experience here to making a trip to a seafood restaurant and expecting them to be experts on steak rather than sea bass.

9 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Mr. Hagger, I would hope that, when you came here, you realized that a JFK assassination discussion forum's primary purpose is to discuss the assassination of JFK. If that bores you, then I would ask why you came here in the first place.

Agree. Thanks indeed for saying it, Mark

16 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Mr. Hagger, I would hope that, when you came here, you realized that a JFK assassination discussion forum's primary purpose is to discuss the assassination of JFK. If that bores you, then I would ask why you came here in the first place. I mean, one does not go to the Republican National Convention to discuss landscaping, even if the periphery of the convention site is nicely landscaped. 

In this forum I will concede that General Edwin Anderson Walker has probably not been researchers deeply as you have already done. But since the forum IS about the JFK assassination, I would say you have no reason to scoff at the 600+ pages of posts here as worthless.

If you feel you should leave, I would not encourage you to stay, nor would I encourage you to hasten your departure. But I would liken your experience here to making a trip to a seafood restaurant and expecting them to be experts on steak rather than sea bass.

What a load of... just read the thread topic: "General Walker - for the rest of us

On the Trejo/Ward Walker thread they are looking at postal inspector Holmes and his very awkward testimony regarding the mail order rifle. Many don’t think the evidence for Oswald owning the MC persuasive. Trejo relies on Marina, who says Lee owned a rifle. Ward points out that if Lee did buy that rifle, he did it in a way that would inevitably lead back to him, instead of purchasing a gun locally. Something strikes me. There is ample evidence that the rifle found on the 6th floor was a Mauser. Later it became a MC. In between there was a search of the Paine residence. The evidence that Oswald carried the MC with him to work that day is flimsy. Perhaps it was found in the garage wrapped in the blanket and brought back to the DPD in order to complete the framing of Oswald. 

There are so many questions surrounding the MC that have never been adequately explained.