The Education Forum

A warning

Members would be advised to take this warning seriously.

We know this refers to a minority of members but a noisy minority all the same. Members of the admin team are fed up with fellow members fighting each other on the forum. Personality clashes – for this minority – seem to be the new status quo. I had detected after my considering to no longer fund the forum that a new and positive tone had been born on the EF. Well for these members that did not last long.

The subject matter of the forum is the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. If you have nothing to contribute to that, then take a rest until you do have something to contribute. However one thing is certain members of the admin team have had enough of your in-fighting.

Today I created a new membership class called Two Posts a Day. Members who continue this infighting will be placed into this membership class. You will get no warning, you will only be aware when the system informs you that you have used up your daily posting allocation. And if offending members continue their personal grievance they will be moved to another class called One Post per day.

If you wonder to what I refer the look at Page 7 of If Oswald was prayer Man - as just one example of this nonsense. I noted a member of the admin team commenting that this thread was now contributing nothing new. I also noted another member reminding members of the EF rules and being criticised for doing so.

I intend to continue funding this forum and if members are upset with such conditions then I invite you to go elsewhere. The admin team would be delighted with increased membership. We would also be delighted with increased and serious JFK discussion and research. However if portions of our membership are intent on infighting then we would prefer you to take your personal grievances elsewhere.You can forget your promises - promises mean nothing for this minority we have heard them all before. You are going to change or I will deal with you.

Thank you James.  Both for the forum and for the new rule.  I mostly lurk and read, but have been finding it more and more difficult to find discussions of actual viewpoints/facts/suppositions without reading through endless diatribes by certain members who, instead of accepting other points of view go straight to demeaning them for their input.  I can read all day as long as someone's point of view is being expressed (whether I agree or not), but have no tolerance for immediate personal attacks and mocking.  If someone consistently posits something I can not agree on factually, I stop reading their posts.  By the same token, some members that I have gained information from over time, have devolved into petty non informative responses &  leading questions aimed at provocation without a legitimate goal in mind other than derailing logical fact based discussions  I still read daily and post infrequently, but I have now started skipping some topics when I see who is responding so that I don't waste my time and learn nothing.  Thanks again.  I started off on the Lancer forum and sincerely miss some of the information & posts that I gained access to at that site..

Thanks for that James.

Most of us are trying.

Thank you all for the support.  

This minority - and I stress it is a small minority - have played us for far too long. This is not their forum it is everyones forum and it is time this minority - who will on all sorts of occasions pledge to behave and just as quickly forget their promises - it is well beyond time they are dealt with. And this time I intend to deal with them. They need us much more than we need them.

Just want to share my appreciation. Being an old member returning,- it was such an enrichment , discovering this forum was still alive. Thanks to you.

John Simkin is gone ? ( Edit: I saw he had posted on FB in January. Hope he is doing well. )

If I was wealthy, - I would contribute in a monetary way.

Great solution.

Have a nice evening.

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

4 hours ago, James R Gordon said:

Members would be advised to take this warning seriously.

We know this refers to a minority of members but a noisy minority all the same. Members of the admin team are fed up with fellow members fighting each other on the forum. Personality clashes – for this minority – seem to be the new status quo. I had detected after my considering to no longer fund the forum that a new and positive tone had been born on the EF. Well for these members that did not last long.

The subject matter of the forum is the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. If you have nothing to contribute to that, then take a rest until you do have something to contribute. However one thing is certain members of the admin team have had enough of your in-fighting.

Today I created a new membership class called Two Posts a Day. Members who continue this infighting will be placed into this membership class. You will get no warning, you will only be aware when the system informs you that you have used up your daily posting allocation. And if offending members continue their personal grievance they will be moved to another class called One Post per day.

If you wonder to what I refer the look at Page 7 of If Oswald was prayer Man - as just one example of this nonsense. I noted a member of the admin team commenting that this thread was now contributing nothing new. I also noted another member reminding members of the EF rules and being criticised for doing so.

I intend to continue funding this forum and if members are upset with such conditions then I invite you to go elsewhere. The admin team would be delighted with increased membership. We would also be delighted with increased and serious JFK discussion and research. However if portions of our membership are intent on infighting then we would prefer you to take your personal grievances elsewhere.You can forget your promises - promises mean nothing for this minority we have heard them all before. You are going to change or I will deal with you.

James,

Thank you.

Sounds like a fair policy.

--  TG

PS  Brian Doyle, apparently "monitoring" the forum, saw this and has asked me via FB Messenger to tell you that he'd be more than willing to be limited to two posts per day from the "get-go".

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thank you James, that's a fair policy. Thank you for your funding. I choose not to post very often, especially if I don't feel I can contribute something, and also because I refuse to step into the swamp.

19 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Really Tommy?  I've learned to try not to feed the xxxxx in you but I thought maybe you just needed a little more rope.

Ron,

You seem to be going out of your way to get yourself limited to two posts a day per James' new policy.

Why, pray tell, would you do that to yourself?

--  TG

32 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Ron,

You seem to be going out of your way to get yourself limited to two posts a day per James' new policy.

Why, pray tell, would you do that to yourself?

--  TG

I didn't know the 5x four letter non curse word t um l was prohibited.

Provided the device is not over used we can accept the occasional bumping. Where a member bumps all the time that is a different matter.

Regarding attachments I had hoped this was something admin could do: i.e. delete attachment cache. However that is not possible. You require to search for your previous posts and delete each attachment. What I advised Mervyn was to use a storage company like Photobucket to store your images and - rather than post the image - post the link to your image. These companies provide a free service. However if you intend to post  large numbers of images then probable the free s. service might not be sufficient for your needs.