The Education Forum

Why wasn’t “Oswald” followed in Mexico?

So I was thinking about the reports filed at the time of the Mexico Incident....

Americans at that Consulate was a big deal...  The CIA even had a team for following targets on the ground... LILYRIC? Sorry, doing this on my tab

Anyway,  as Win and Mann said, outside the hotel and consulates, there is no record of Oswald.... 

Why not?  Given what the CIA and FBI knew of Oswald at the time from New Orleans... and that both had assets in the Cuban Consulate,

why do we not have an activity report on this man... the detailed reports of LITAMIL/9 are incredibly specific..

Azcue was a Cuban Intel agent and would, should be interested in the American from at least an Asset or Penetration POV 

Did Teresa Proenza mention this man she claims, after the fact, to have run into and turn over to Duran on the 27th?

(crickets)

AFTER the 22nd, ... well that’s another story.... 

But if we look at LITAMIL/9 reports of the time, he is asked if he or anyone else has seen the man of whom a photo is shown..

No.... 

the recent release of docs has shown that the theory that “Oswald” in Mexico may have been a charade from a number of angles.... and for a variety of reasons... as was the assassination.   That the entirety of the story is just that, as Hoover wrote in Jan 1964....

I realize I return to this as a pillar of my conviction it was indeed an entirely false story...   and to my first question,  why?

Knowing it was False in Jan... he proceeds to invent a trip over the next 9 months and puts it in the WCR...   why?

Hoover was primarily concerned with Hoover.... imho, he was covering for his asset in Dallas... Harvey Oswald....

The HSCA pulls the worlds largest rubber stamp and holds it over Lopez’s head.... like an axe..

Edited by David Josephs

10 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

So I was thinking about the reports filed at the time of the Mexico Incident....

Americans at that Consulate was a big deal...  The CIA even had a team for following targets on the ground... LILYRIC? Sorry, doing this on my tab

LILYRIC- One of three photo surveillance sites under the LIEMPTY umbrella project, the only one of the three that photographed license plates of all vehicles entering the compound. LILYRIC was a 3rd story apartment across the street from the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City, south of the LIMITED installation. The other two photo sites were LIMITED and LICALLA. 

I would think that would be the case.

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

Wouldn't Oswald qualify as "someone of interest" leaving the Soviet compound?

David,

Not if he was sent there as part of a mole hunt, or to try to recruit a Ruskie.

But then, again, I'm not so sure he went to Mexico City.

--  TG

If it was a mole hunt, an American visiting a Soviet Embassy would still not be followed ?

There would be nothing but written evidence.  Not one first hand ID of our Ozzie ... Not a single report of activity of the American who calls and returns, photographically, to the scenes of the crimes.

And then, thru Nov. The FBI cannot find a single bit of evidence he was there at all....

Elizabeth Mora is a good name to research....  Charles Small....

What were Duran and Azcue's primary purpose...?. Yet again, Azcue does not offer that this man was anything but what he said he was... FPCC mentioned...etc....  

If this was a plan to attack FPCC via Phillips... The players make more sense and Ozzie need not 2nd there at all....   The photos and tapes would be reviewed Mon the 30th. Goodpasture needs a non Hispanic, unidentified going in and out of Soviet Embassy.... (someone known to you)    

What does Duran really know?   Azcue is obviously hiding something as Cuban Intel uninterested in the American's visa application. 

Furthermore., it was Win Scott who claims to have been aware of Oswald in Mex Yet still did not feel the need to have anyone follow this pasty white man who stuck out like a sore thumb...

It takes a suitcase found in Aug by Marina while at Ruth's to finally acquire some evidence related to that trip which sadly was as poor as the rest...