The Education Forum

Timeless on JFK (Spoiler alert)

My Tivo recorded a show I'd never even heard of called Timeless, presumably because it had a plot centered around the JFK assassination. I decided to speed through the show and see how it handled the question of conspiracy/no conspiracy.

It didn't surprise. While the vast majority of MSM "news" shows continue to pretend there's a consensus Oswald acted alone,  the vast majority of entertainment shows continue to suggest a conspiracy. In this instance, one of the characters warns a 17 year old JFK (who has temporarily been transported to the present) not to go to Dallas on 11-22-63. When this character returns to the present, he asks if it worked, and if JFK was able to serve a second term. To which one of the other characters, says no, of course not, he was assassinated in AUSTIN in 1963.

While schlocky TV, this nevertheless underlines a point. Most Americans, IMO, continue to see JFK's death not as a quirk of history, but as an unavoidable step in the nation's progress. Unidentified "Forces" wanted JFK dead, pure and simple.