The Education Forum

Trump Caved: Three More years

I am really startled that there has been no posting of this NARA notice.

https://www.archives.gov/press/press-releases/nr18-45

I will be writing a story on this soon. It looks to me like they won. 

That is what I mean.

People here are so absorbed in the PM thing and issues like that, that somehow they missed this really important story.

Trump has now backed down twice to the CIA.  I say that because if you recall the last time, in October, it was the CIA which was the first agency that waylaid him on the last day.  The FBI joined in when they saw him hesitating.

He first gave them six months, and now three years.  Which means that it will have taken 58 years to get the final documents out on the JFK case.  That is, if its not extended then.

A source of mine who I use on this told me, its all over Jim.  They won.  The arrogance of these agencies in the fact of the law is because they know they will get away with it.  They simply cannot countenance orders for them to turn over things they do not want to surrender.  They have gotten away with it for so long, its ingrained in the culture.

I hate to say it but I think your friend is probably right, Jim.

This was a sad week for any American who still believes that the people own this move.

They didn’t even bother to describe why they were withholding each document as required by the law.

But for those of us who know their history of obstruction and dissembling on material evidence in this case, it really should come as no surprise.

Edited by Mike Kilroy

Trump's latest manic, ADD disjointed rant interview on Fox Morning program two days ago was the most disturbing exchange I've ever heard spoken by a sitting American President.

Already feeling the extremely adolescent level insecure, self-obsessed and daily conflict loving, needing and creating Trump is not emotionally fit for this office, this latest Trump rant on national TV reinforced that feeling to a degree of almost disbelief. 

Disbelief that the majority of American citizens seem purposely choosing to avoid acknowledging, facing and speaking out about this all too obvious and real crisis of dangerously failed Presidential leadership.

IMO we have a corrupt and emotionally unbalanced nut in this office.

As news journalist Anderson Cooper said yesterday regards Trump and this mind blowing Fox TX interview, it sounded like "one of those people who sit on park benches talking to themselves."

Expecting someone of this mentality to care about and stand up for the legally mandated release of long held JFK files ( except in the context of how this may help or hurt his own political standing only ) is such a waste of time and energy.

Edited by Joe Bauer

5 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Trump's latest manic, ADD disjointed rant interview on Fox Morning program two days ago was the most disturbing exposition I've ever heard spoken by a sitting American President.

Already feeling the extremely adolescent level insecure, self-obsessed and daily conflict loving, needing and creating Trump is not emotionally fit for this office, this latest Trump rant on national TV reinforced that feeling to a degree of almost disbelief. 

Disbelief that the majority of American citizens seem purposely choosing to avoid acknowledging, facing and speaking out about this all too obvious and real crisis of dangerously failed Presidential leadership. IMO we have a true nut in this office.

As News journalist Anderson Cooper said yesterday regards Trump and this mind blowing Fox TX interview, it sounded like "one of those people who sit on park benches talking to themselves."

Expecting someone of this mentality to care about and stand up for the legally mandated release of long held JFK files ( except in the context of how this may help or hurt his own political standing only ) is such a waste of time and energy.

I take it that you think we have a loose cannon as president.

If a loose cannon in the White House won't tell the CIA to release all documents and follow the law, what kind of a president would? I can't think of any kind. I think that this president, as loose as he is, and as disrespectful of the CIA and its ilk as he had been in the past, took to heart (as any president will) Chuck Schumer's wise warning that "the intelligence commiunity has six ways from Sunday to get you."

Ron, using the term "loose cannon" in describing Trump is irresponsibly downplaying of his true and much more dangerously flawed complete makeup IMO.

He's a loose "everything!" 

The term "maverick" would also be a frivolously romanticized description of Trump as well.

Could you ever imagine JFK ( even drunk ) expressing himself the way that Donald Trump does on a daily basis?

Comparing Trump to JFK actually makes you cringe.

Excuse my personal feeling Trump presidential performance comments to a degree, but this thread "is" about Trump's caving in on the JFK file release issue and I feel it's appropriate to express why ( IMO ) he did this relative to his personal character, priority agenda and belief system. 

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Ron, using the term "loose cannon" in describing Trump is irresponsibly downplaying of his true and much more dangerously flawed complete makeup IMO.

He's a loose "everything!" 

The term "maverick" would also be a frivolously romanticized description of Trump as well.

Could you ever imagine JFK ( even drunk ) expressing himself the way that Donald Trump does on a daily basis?

Comparing Trump to JFK actually makes you cringe.

Excuse my personal feeling Trump presidential performance comments to a degree, but this thread "is" about Trump's caving in on the JFK file release issue and I feel it's appropriate to express why ( IMO ) he did this relative to his personal character, priority agenda and belief system. 

The point of my post was not how to describe Donald Trump. Describe him any way you want to. The point I tried to make is that Trump caving in has nothing to do with "his personal character, priority agenda and belief system." He caved in because like any president of the United States, he had damn well better fear the CIA.

I am rather confused with all the different documents mentioned in the press release. 

Do I get it clear when I think they mean that all documents are at least opened in part? Some are still in heavily redacted form. And some are really difficult to read. So I am wondering how in the world would we know what is in them. 

But Jim, according to your message there still are more documents “in secret”? It is so strange that they keep those documents stored. I cannot imagine that they will contain something really important or something really damaging. I mean : they got 55 years to get rid of those papers ...

19 minutes ago, Hugo Langendoen said:

I am rather confused with all the different documents mentioned in the press release. 

Do I get it clear when I think they mean that all documents are at least opened in part? Some are still in heavily redacted form. And some are really difficult to read. So I am wondering how in the world would we know what is in them. 

But Jim, according to your message there still are more documents “in secret”? It is so strange that they keep those documents stored. I cannot imagine that they will contain something really important or something really damaging. I mean : they got 55 years to get rid of those papers ...

As I understand it, all documents have been released, but not all have been released in full. They're holding back parts of the documents, for at least three years. Why? Because... because... Well, they won't say, so it's just because.

It would be interesting to hear Trump explain the why, but no one is going to ask him. 

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

The point of my post was not how to describe Donald Trump. Describe him any way you want to. The point I tried to make is that Trump caving in has nothing to do with "his personal character, priority agenda and belief system." He caved in because like any president of the United States, he had damn well better fear the CIA.

Ron, I see your point.

I do however,  feel his personal character does play into how he looks at, understands and responds to our secret government and their power.

NOt all documents have been released in full.

There are close to one hundred that are being withheld in full.

But it is not true that the ones that were released this week are unredacted.

My source, Gary Majewski in New Mexico, has been on this story since last June.    These documents still have redactions. 

Plus they use the same trick that they have been using for almost a year.

The cover sheet will say, five pages in the document.  The release will have two pages. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

I will be doing some interviews on this during the weekend.  

Between Gary and my other sources,  I will do an article about it.