The Education Forum

The Tippit Case in the New Millenium

Paul B.

Not much exists on Westbrook and Hill.  I'd start with the following: "Gerald Hill and the Murder of JD Tippit" by H. Yusuf (2013) and Just Another Day at the Office" by Ian Griggs in The Fourth Decade (1996).  These two DPD officers worked in a Personnel Group which ostensibly performed background investigations of DPD applicants and the investigation of personnel complaints.  Westbrook's role on the day of the assassination was described in "Just Another Day at the Office".  He has a brief one page Warren testimony.

Gene

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Bill Simpich said:
2.  Why did so many people know of TIppit in that area when it was not really his area?  I think Joe would say that his girlfriend lived around there.

Joe's book shows that Tippit was known in Oak Cliff, and at the Top Ten Record store in particular where Tippit ran in and made a frantic phone call just minutes before his death.

Bill you probably know of this as well but I believe Armstrong mentions that.....well, Tippit had a mistress in the area as well. I wonder if McBride agrees.

6. Was Westbrook the first cop at the Texas Theater?  This is what journalist Ewell said.

All I know is that he got there quick.  He led his boys in from the door near the movie screen, while Hill led his posse from the balcony.  The man looking a lot like Oswald entered without buying a ticket at 1:35 and went straight up to the balcony.  Hill made up a story that Oswald tried to fire a revolver at an officer - the FBI labeled Hill as a xxxx before the Warren Commission.  Oswald was lucky to get out of their alive.

Bill, as far as you or other seasoned researchers are concerned, do we know for a fact that LHO literally (and factually for that matter) brought a revolver to the Theater with him that fateful day? (honest question!)

My responses in blue.

Edited by B. A. Copeland

Gene:

Westbrook's testimony was much longer than one page.  Griggs may have summarized it that way, but it is several pages long.

Mr Copeland, Oswald brought a handgun with him as he left his rooming house.  The point is this: was it the one used to kill Tippit and was it the one the WC allegedly said he bought via the mail.

As Joe so well summarizes, the ballistics evidence in this case is pretty much a mess. To the point that you later had DPD officers accusing other officers of lying.  And as Armstrong adduced there was never any evidence that Oswald ever picked up that Smith and Wesson Victory model at REA.

Mr. Copeland, I agree with Jim on Oswald and the handgun in the theater.   Unless someone finds the theater witnesses, the only two "neutral" theater patrons that John Armstrong was able to turn up from the records who testified to the WC were George Applin and John Gibson.  (A third one, Jack Davis, didn't testify, but stated that Oswald sought out "half" of the seven or eight patrons on the main floor looking for somebody.)  No model of clarity, Applin "guessed" that the arm he saw waving around a handgun was Oswald's.  Gibson was clear that Oswald had a gun in his hand, but he is the only person I know who saw him waving it in the "aisle". 

I think the "wrong group" of cops were the ones who initially found Oswald, and I doubt they lied about Oswald finding a gun - Hill and his posse flipped when they realized Oswald was not in the balcony.  Hill had called the dispatcher ahead to make sure that Oswald's location was in the balcony. 

Some of it is subjective - to me, the only reason Oswald would risk going home was to protect himself with his handgun.  If he had been planning to kill the President, he would have brought his handgun with him.  John Armstrong and others have done a good job showing there is no reliable chain of custody on the revolver, just like there is none for the rifle.

More questions from Armstrong:

1.     How is it possible that Westbrook allegedly discovered the jacket, and said he did not recall who gave it to him,  and then showed the wallet to Barrett, and he does not know where that came from either?

2.     Why did Croy never say anything about giving the wallet to Westbrook?

3.     Postal thought the man was in the balcony not on the ground floor. That is where Sheriff Courson thought he was also.  And there are police reports of the arrest in the balcony.

4.     Who was taken out tbe back, the guy Bernard Haire saw?  And does this connect with the the Mather story later exposed by reporter Wes Wise.

5.      If Oswald was at the station, who did T. F. White see in the Mather car?

6.     Agreeing with Simpich, John says there was not a Hidell ID in the Bentley wallet. Where did that come from then? Westbrook?

7.     How is it possible that neither Westbrook nor Croy could name the other officers at the scene for the WC?

8.     Why was the alleged revolver taken to Westbrook's office by Hill?  This was so wrong headed that Westbrook apologized for it before the WC. Chalked it up as Hill’s error.

Remarkable how close Armstrong, Simpich and McBride are on these key questions.  Really sad that it took  so long to focus on them. To me, they take the TIppit case to a new plateau.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 3/15/2015 at 7:13 PM, Larry Hancock said:

Paul, perhaps I can point you in the right direction and somebody else can give you the actual names. The investigator who went to Dallas with voice stress equipment wrote a book afterwards and spent a great deal of

time on Hill because he thought that Hill was offered up to deflect researches and that his voice stress raised some real credibility issues. That book probably as as much insight on Hill as anything I have seen and it

might produce some leads...just can't recall the author or title.

On 3/16/2015 at 3:25 AM, Ian Lloyd said:
Edited by Michael Clark

Indeed it was - and we have some independent verification of his investigation.  Two areas he picked out related to Hill and to the subject of the polygraph of Frazier.  In interviewing various officers he came across a lot of obfuscation, a number of conflicting statements and overall a denial that a polygraph was ever performed on Frazier - which of course is important since the DPD totally suppressed said polygraph and kept it from the WC.  However now we know from an independent FBI document that it was performed, that Frazier was shown the actual bag recovered from the TSBD and that he adamantly denied it was the bag Oswald had that morning.

The ramifications of that statement, made just hours after seeing the bag, are serious.  The suppression of the polygraph equally so and the verification that the stress O'Toole was recording among the DPD officers, in particular Hill, was very much real because they were covering up something very important.

The book and interviews are interesting on the face of it but with confirmation of the reality of the stress it makes it even more important.  As I recall another major area of stress was on the origins of Oswald's billfold and what Hill apparently said about it over the radio on the way back to the station.  Probably a good time to revisit that book given what we know now.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

More questions from Armstrong:

1.     How is it possible that Westbrook allegedly discovered the jacket, and said he did not recall who gave it to him,  and then showed the wallet to Barrett, and he does not know where that came from either?

2.     Why did Croy never say anything about giving the wallet to Westbrook?

3.     Postal thought the man was in the balcony not on the ground floor. That is where Sheriff Courson thought he was also.  And there are police reports of the arrest in the balcony.

4.     Who was taken out tbe back, the guy Bernard Haire saw?  And does this connect with the the Mather story later exposed by reporter Wes Wise.

5.      If Oswald was at the station, who did T. F. White see in the Mather car?

6.     Agreeing with Simpich, John says there was not a Hidell ID in the Bentley wallet. Where did that come from then? Westbrook?

7.     How is it possible that neither Westbrook nor Croy could name the other officers at the scene for the WC?

8.     Why was the alleged revolver taken to Westbrook's office by Hill?  This was so wrong headed that Westbrook apologized for it before the WC. Chalked it up as Hill’s error.

Remarkable how close Armstrong, Simpich and McBride are on these key questions.  Really sad that it took  so long to focus on them. To me, they take the TIppit case to a new plateau.

Regarding # 6.  This would mean that the Westbrook wallet made it to HQ?  But the Bentley wallet is in evidence today, supposedly, I think.  Also, if the wallet taken off Oswald on the way to the DPD had no Hidell ID somebody in the DPD put it into evidence.  Who?  Westbrook?  At some point somebody above him had power to order him or someone else to do so.  Who ordered that person to do so?

If one Hidell ID came in to existence along with two wallets in the DPD Chief Curry and Murder Capitan Fritz seemingly had to have been aware of them.  Yet it's never been mentioned.  Makes me wonder if they might have had help on how to handle the situation from the  Secret Service, reportedly onsite for the questioning, or the FBI or CIA.

7 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Jim,

It's not just the Hidell ID. There's a problem with the library card too.

The only two accounts of Oswald having a library card on him prior to his arrival at City Hall are erroneous.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/hill_gl.htm

"About the time I got through with the radio transmission, I asked Paul Bentley, "Why don't you see if he has any identification."
Paul was sitting sort of sideways in the seat, and with his right hand he reached down and felt of the suspect's left hip pocket and said, "Yes, he has a billfold," and took it out.
I never did have the billfold in my possession, but the name Lee Oswald was called out by Bentley from the back seat, and said this identification, I believe, was on the library card.
Mr. BELIN. All right; when did you learn of his address?
Mr. HILL. There were two different addresses on the identification.
One of them was in Oak Cliff. The other one was in Irving."

Secret Service Report of Dallas SS Agent Robert Steuart dated November 24, 1963.

Itemizes the contents of Oswald's billfold:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10490&search=Oswald_billfold+contents#relPageId=220&tab=page

“I examined the contents of billfold which I was told was taken from Assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald.”

Item numbers 6&7: front and back sides of Dallas Public Library card bearing the address of 602 Elsbeth. There is nothing in those billfold contents which gives an Irving address.

Lieutenant Jack Revill testified before the Warren Commission on May 13, 1964. (Bob Carroll had already testified a month earlier – see below)

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/revill2.htm

The questioning concerns a Report that Revill wrote out at approximately 3:30 to 3:35 on the afternoon of the 22nd concerning Lee Harvey Oswald at 605 Elsbeth St.

Mr. REVILL. That is what they gave me.
Mr. RANKIN. You found that out?
Mr. DULLES. This is an address he once lived at.
Mr. RANKIN. Do you know that?
Mr. DULLES. This is correct. I want to find out what he knows about it.

Notice the interplay between Rankin and Dulles. Dulles seems to know about the Elsbeth St. address and he wants to know how Revill knows about it.

Mr. DULLES. Could I ask a question? Where did you get this address that you put on of 605 Elsbeth Street, do you recall?
Mr. REVILL. Yes, sir; from Detective E. B. Carroll or Detective Taylor.
Mr. DULLES. Are they subordinates?
Mr. REVILL. No; they are detectives assigned to the special service bureau. One of them works the narcotics squad and one of them is assigned to the vice unit.
Mr. DULLES. You never ascertained where they got it?
Mr. REVILL. No, sir; this might be the address that they got from Oswald, I do not know. I never even thought about it until you brought up the point that this is not the address.
Mr. DULLES. Can you find out where they got this address?
Mr. REVILL. Yes, sir; I can.
Mr. DULLES. I think that would be useful. I would like to know that. I would like to know where they got this address also.

Mr. REVILL. I will attempt to find out on that address, and I shall let Mr. Sorrels know, with Secret Service.

Warren Commission Document# 948 is a memo from Sorrels to Inspector Kelley dated May 19, 1964.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11344#relPageId=2&tab=page

In that memo, Sorrels says that Revill contacted Sorrels (it does not say how this contact was made), and said that Revill told him he got the 605 Elsbeth address orally from Bob Carroll. As the driver of the car that took Oswald from the Theater to the police station, Carroll allegedly looked back over his shoulder and read the address off a Dallas Public Library card that had been removed from Oswald's billfold by one of the officers in the back seat. Carroll allegedly said that he misread the number as 605 instead of 602.

Detective Bob Carroll's testimony before the Warren Commission April 3, 1964

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/carroll.htm

Mr. BELIN. Did he give two names? Or did someone in the car read from the identification?
Mr. CARROLL. Someone in the car may have read from the identification. I know two names, the best I recall, were mentioned.

Mr. BELIN. Were any addresses mentioned?
Mr. CARROLL. Not that I recall; no, sir.

In his after-action Report dated December 3, 1963, DPD Archives, Box 2, Folder# 7, Item# 4, page 2

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box2.htm

Detective Paul Bentley wrote: “On the way to the City Hall, I removed the suspect's wallet and obtained his name.... I turned his identification over to Lt. Baker. I then went to Captain Westbrook's office to make a report of this arrest.”

There is nothing in his Report about obtaining an address, any address. Oswald's ID immediately went to Lieutenant Baker. Where is Bentley's Report to Westbrook done on November 22nd. Was it written, or was it just an oral report? Why did he go to Westbrook to make his Report? Westbrook was in Personnel.

Steve Thomas

Jim

Similar to Westbrook and Hill's roles, one of the names that surfaced (regarding transport of the Oswald revolver records and ballistics) is a fellow named Manuel Pena ... the same notorious LAPD officer (added to the force one month prior) who controlled the police investigation and intimidated witnesses after the RFK murder. 

Two mail-order houses were the center points from which Oswald ordered his Smith and Wesson .38 revolver (Seaport Traders of Los Angeles) and his Mannlicher-Carcano rifle (Klein's of Chicago). Oswald ordered his pistol two days before Senator Christopher Dodd's subcommittee began hearings in January 1963. The subcommittee’s statistics later showed a purchase in Texas made from Seaport Traders. An "investigator" looking into interstate firearms sales at this time was Manuel Pena, who traced Oswald's telescopic sight to a California gun shop. 

Pena was the trusted courier of key evidence being supplied to the FBI ... and he was affiliated with the same mercenaries and cut-outs used by JM Wave  in various operations -- Saigon, El Salvador, Uruguay, Phoenix -- employed by cover with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). In 1967, Pena "retired" from the LAPD, leaving to join AID, a cover for political operations in foreign countries.  Roger LeJeunesse, an FBI agent who had been involved in the RFK investigation, told William Turner that Pena had performed special assignments for the CIA for more than ten years.  After his retirement from the LAPD (and a public farewell dinner) in November of 1967, Pena inexplicably returned in April 1968 ...  just in time to head the LAPD group called Special Unit Senator that controlled the RFK investigation two months later. According to Shane O’Sullivan’s work on the RFK murder, Pena had been on detached duty with the CIA in Central and South America. Pena has an odd background; he served in the Navy during WWII and in the Army during the Korean War, and was a Counterintelligence officer in France.  He spoke French and Spanish, and had connections with various intelligence agencies in several countries.

As posted previously, I don't think Pena's involvement is simply coincidence ... the same "game plan" (use of police to control evidence and incriminate) was employed in both murders.

Gene

3 hours ago, Gene Kelly said:

Jim

Similar to Westbrook and Hill's roles, one of the names that surfaced (regarding transport of the Oswald revolver records and ballistics) is a fellow named Manuel Pena ... the same notorious LAPD officer (added to the force one month prior) who controlled the police investigation and intimidated witnesses after the RFK murder. 

Two mail-order houses were the center points from which Oswald ordered his Smith and Wesson .38 revolver (Seaport Traders of Los Angeles) and his Mannlicher-Carcano rifle (Klein's of Chicago). Oswald ordered his pistol two days before Senator Christopher Dodd's subcommittee began hearings in January 1963. The subcommittee’s statistics later showed a purchase in Texas made from Seaport Traders. An "investigator" looking into interstate firearms sales at this time was Manuel Pena, who traced Oswald's telescopic sight to a California gun shop. 

Pena was the trusted courier of key evidence being supplied to the FBI ... and he was affiliated with the same mercenaries and cut-outs used by JM Wave  in various operations -- Saigon, El Salvador, Uruguay, Phoenix -- employed by cover with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). In 1967, Pena "retired" from the LAPD, leaving to join AID, a cover for political operations in foreign countries.  Roger LeJeunesse, an FBI agent who had been involved in the RFK investigation, told William Turner that Pena had performed special assignments for the CIA for more than ten years.  After his retirement from the LAPD (and a public farewell dinner) in November of 1967, Pena inexplicably returned in April 1968 ...  just in time to head the LAPD group called Special Unit Senator that controlled the RFK investigation two months later. According to Shane O’Sullivan’s work on the RFK murder, Pena had been on detached duty with the CIA in Central and South America. Pena has an odd background; he served in the Navy during WWII and in the Army during the Korean War, and was a Counterintelligence officer in France.  He spoke French and Spanish, and had connections with various intelligence agencies in several countries.

As posted previously, I don't think Pena's involvement is simply coincidence ... the same "game plan" (use of police to control evidence and incriminate) was employed in both murders.

Gene

Gene - great post, happy to be reminded of this mysterious operative Manuel Pena. I recall reading P D Scott’s work on the Senate Subcommittee looking into mail order gun purchases. Given that this thread is about Tippit’s murder, the issue of Oswald’s gun purchases is front and center. The use of Hidell in purchasing the Klein’s rifle (btw was the revolver also purchased under the name Hidell?), and the Hidell ID in Oswald’s wallet were key elements without which it would not have been possible to connect Oswald to the two murders. I believe it was Scott who thought that Oswald purchased the guns thinking he was part of this undercover investigation of mail order gun purchases. But of course it became the key to setting up Oswald as the patsy. Am I correct that the subcommittee in question was the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee? 

So Steve:

Where did that address come from then at Elzbeth?  Do you think the library card was there?

It does not look to me like the Hidell card was.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

So Steve:

Where did that address come from then at Elzbeth?  Do you think the library card was there?

It does not look to me like the Hidell car was.

Jim,

Mr. DULLES. This is an address he once lived at.
Mr. RANKIN. Do you know that?
Mr. DULLES. This is correct. I want to find out what he knows about it.

Mr. DULLES. Could I ask a question? Where did you get this address that you put on of 605 Elsbeth Street, do you recall?

Mr. DULLES. Can you find out where they got this address?

Mr. DULLES. I think that would be useful. I would like to know that. I would like to know where they got this address also.

Mr. REVILL. It would have been the same day because this was made within an hour----

The CHAIRMAN. I think that is all. Thank you, again, lieutenant.

This is one of the few times that I know of, that a Commission member took over the questioning. Usually it was left to one of the lawyers or the staff.

It's Dulles, not Rankin who keeps pushing Revill where he got this address. Is Dulles concerned that Revill knew about a connection of a Harvey Lee Oswald to Elsbeth St, and how Revill would know about that? Just about the time when Revill would have revealed when he obtained this address, he is cut off.

CE 2003 located in (24H259) is the list submitted to Captain Gannaway through Jack Revill of TSBD employees.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1140#relPageId=277&tab=page

It is dated November 22, 1963. Heading that list is Harvey Lee Oswald at 605 Elsbeth.

I was looking at this list of employees and something hit me. The list was compiled by Roy Westphal, Detective, Criminal Intelligence Section and P.M. Parks, Detective, Administrative Section, and given to Jack Revill. Westphal and Parks were both Detectives in the Special Service Bureau.

The second column has the abbreviations at the top that says, "REF. INT". at the top.

Most of the names have NONE listed, but there are three names that have a number alongside their name. I always thought that the INT at the top of the column meant Interview, but then I remembered something. In the book, No More Silence by Larry Sneed, Westphal says that later in the evening on the 22nd, he and Parks had returned to their office at the Fairgrounds to write up their Report of their days activities. While they were there, Gannaway called them and asked them to cross-reference the list of TSBD employees against the CID's Intelligence Files. When they did, they recognized Joe Molina's name. Gannaway told them to bring the whole file downtown.

https://books.google.com/books?id=7uT-47ysB5MC&pg=PA326&lpg=PA326&dq=Dallas+"+Roy+Westphal"&source=bl&ots=eii6yRhLo8&sig=nr0C2_dukxaBfdcQiFnDLg3ugKM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt-9Xpi8nRAhVpwFQKHZBBDX0Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=Dallas " Roy Westphal"&f=false

I realized that the "INT" at the top of the second column stands for "Intelligence", not "Interview".

With Harvey Lee Oswald, living at 605 Elsbeth is listed as having NONE alongside his name, this would indicate to me that Oswald was not in their Intelligence files, and that that information had come from somewhere else.

From the WC testimony of George Bouhe:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bouhe.htm

Mr. LIEBELER - As far as you know, the next place that Oswald lived after he moved out of the YMCA was in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas?
Mr. BOUHE - Madison is around the corner from somewhere he ultimately lived.
Mr. LIEBELER - He ultimately lived at 604 Elsbeth?
Mr. BOUHE - And on my card I have a date of November the 2d, 1962, that he found this apartment and moved there, but that I heard from others because by that time I lost all communication with them; didn't talk to him; didn't ask him anything, and he didn't call me.

Mr. LIEBELER - That would have been in November 1962, would it not, Mr. Bouhe, that he moved to the apartment you are speaking of?
Mr. BOUHE - Yes; and I would say that is pretty good because I think the FBI agent told me they proved that, or something.

On November 28, 1963 George Bouhe was interviewed by SA John Flanagan about any possible relationship between Jack Ruby and Lee Oswald.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10672&relPageId=400&search=Bouhe

In the course of the interview, Bouhe "produced a card on which he kept addresses and this card bore the notation dated November 1, 1963, 602 Elsbeth..."

Following his residence at the YMCA, he said Oswald secured a room in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, but he could not recall this address, nor did he have a record of it in his papers. At this point Mr. Bouhe produced a card on which he kept addresses.”

1963 is a typo. This should be 1962

http://jfkassassinat...ny/voshin_i.htm

Mr. VOSHININ - Yeah - and as far as I know Mr. Bouhe even kept files and still keeps files on everybody - when anybody was born, baptized, or whatever happened to everybody.
Mr. JENNER - I see.
Mr. VOSHININ - He even showed me a file and he said, "Say, you came here, I immediately opened a file on you."
I say, "What for?"
And he say, "Well, you know, I forget things - so I keep a file on everybody."

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=129757&search=Alexander_Kleinlerer#relPageId=9&tab=page

is also:

FBI - HSCA Subject File: Lydia Dymitruk (page 9 in the file, page 7 of the Report) https://www.maryferr...geId=9&tab=page

On December 3, 1968 the FBI interviewed a George Bloodworth, who was a Warrant Officer Candidate in the U.S. Army Helicopter School in Mineral Wells, Texas. He met George Bouhe in the apartment of Alexander Kleinlerer. Bloodworth had formerly been in the Marines and had been stationed at the U.S. Embassy in Tunisia. He was very security conscious. Kleinlerer left the apartment to buy some food at a delicatessan, and Bloodworth and Bouhe got to talking. While they were talking, Bloodworth got the impresion that Bouhe was “one of us”, meaning an Army Intelligence Agent.

WC testimony of George Bouhe:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bouhe.htm

Mr. BOUHE - For 9 1/2 years I was employed as a personal accountant of a very prominent Dallas geologist, and probably capitalist if you want to say it, Lewis W, MacNaughton, senior chairman of the board of the well-known geological and engineering firm of DeGolyer & MacNaughton, but I was MacNaughton's personal employee.

WC testimony of George Bouhe (8H355 plus)

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/bouhe.htm

Then I added, "Well, I would like to hear how you get along," which is a standard statement I would ask anybody.
And for 2 or 3---or possibly 5 days thereafter he would call me at 6 o'clock, I guess when he finished his work, and say, "I am doing fine. Bye."
Mr. LIEBELER - That would be the extent of his conversation with you on the telephone?
Mr. BOUHE - Yes.
Mr. LIEBELER - He didn't tell you anything of the details of his work?
Mr. BOUHE - I did not ask.
Mr. LIEBELER - Did you know where----

Mr. BOUHE - Wait a second, maybe I did ask and, well, he said it was some photographic process in the lithographic business, but I don't know what that means.

In her Chronologies, Mary Ferrell has the following notes, but these may be based on George Bouhe's WC testimony:

October 12, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe at 6:00 PM and says “Im fine”.

October 15, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe at 6:00 PM and says,“I'm fine.”

October 16, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe and says, “Im fine.”

October 17, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe at 6:00 PM and says, “Im fine.”

October 18, 1962 Oswald calls George Bouhe at 6:00 PM and says, “I'm fine.”

On October 19th the calls stop. Oswald checks out of the YMCA and disappears for two weeks. He is working at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall, but no one knows where he is living. Not his wife, not his bosses at JCS, not his co-workers, not his acquaintances.

According to the WC testimonies of Alexandra de Mohrenschildt and George Bouhe, it is a room somewhere in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas. George de Mohrenschildt said that Oswald “found himself a place to live.”

On November 3rd, Oswald surfaces again and moves to 604 Elsbeth. The owner of the apartment building (the Tobias's lived in 602).

In his WC testimony, James Hosty also told the Commission that he had tracked the Oswalds to Elsbeth back in March of 1963, but Bouhe's information predates Hosty's by about four months.

I personally believe, but cannot prove, that there is a flow of military intelligence that runs through the White Russian figures of George Bouhe and Max Clark.

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

So Steve:

It does not look to me like the Hidell car was.

Maybe part of a marked card operation or barium meal in a mole hunt Oswald was being used in by the CIA?  Just reading Dr. Scott and his thoughts on that possibility regarding the origin of Lee Henry Oswald, age height, and weight differences.  As Steve mentions it above was Harvey Lee Oswald a mole hunt dangle also?  Food for thought.

Edited by Ron Bulman

What I am talking about is different.

If the info was not in the Bentley wallet, then was the info in the other wallet?

To me that is a distinct possibility.