The Education Forum

The Tippit Case in the New Millenium

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

OK. Fine.

In addition to accusing just Captain John Will Fritz of the DPD of being a l-i-a-r when it comes to this topic of "Did Oswald Carry A Pistol On 11/22/63?", here are three more people who said Oswald was carrying a gun that day --- James Hosty of the FBI, James Bookhout of the FBI, and civilian shoe store manager Johnny Brewer. Do you now want to call all three of these people liars too, including the civilian witness (Brewer)?....

"Oswald admitted to carrying a pistol with him..." -- Via this 11/22/63 Hosty/Bookhout FD-302 FBI Report

"...he [Oswald] reached under his shirt and pulled out a revolver." -- Johnny C. Brewer; July 1986 [5:40 in the video below]

Thanks for posting. He seems believable, did anyone is Oswald’s life prior to that day ever see him with a revolver?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

...did anyone [in] Oswald’s life prior to that day ever see him with a revolver?

Yes. Marina Oswald saw Lee's pistol on more than one occasion. Here's what Marina said about the revolver in her Warren Commission testimony (and also take note of her comments about how she took the famous Backyard Photos, plus her remarks about how Lee would go out "practicing" with his rifle, which is something that most conspiracy theorists are always telling me never once happened, despite this testimony given by Marina Oswald)....

-----------------------------------------

MARINA OSWALD -- ...he also had a gun, a revolver.

J. LEE RANKIN -- Do you recall when he first had the pistol, that you remember?

MRS. OSWALD -- He had that on Neely Street, but I think that he acquired the rifle before he acquired the pistol. The pistol I saw twice---once in his room, and the second time when I took these photographs.

MR. RANKIN -- What period of time was there between when he got the rifle and you learned of it, and the time that you first learned about the pistol?

MRS. OSWALD -- I can't say.

MR. RANKIN -- When you testified about his practicing with the rifle, are you describing a period when you were still at Neely Street?

MRS. OSWALD -- Yes.

MR. RANKIN -- Do you know where he practiced with the rifle?

MRS. OSWALD -- I don't know where. I don't know the name of the place where this took place. But I think it was somewhere out of town. It seems to me a place called Lopfield.

MR. RANKIN -- Would that be at the airport---Love Field?

MRS. OSWALD -- Love Field.

MR. RANKIN -- So you think he was practicing out in the open and not at a rifle range?

MRS. OSWALD -- Yes.

MR. RANKIN -- Do you recall seeing the rifle when the telescopic lens was on it?

MRS. OSWALD -- I hadn't paid any attention initially. I know a rifle was a rifle. I didn't know whether or not it had a telescope attached to it. But the first time I remember seeing it was in New Orleans, where I recognized the telescope. But probably the telescope was on before. I simply hadn't paid attention. I hope you understand. When I saw it, I thought that all rifles have that.

MR. RANKIN -- Did you make any objection to having the rifle around?

MRS. OSWALD -- Of course.

MR. RANKIN -- What did he say to that?

MRS. OSWALD -- That for a man to have a rifle---since I am a woman, I don't understand him, and I shouldn't bother him. A fine life.

MR. RANKIN -- Is that the same rifle that you are referring to that you took the picture of with your husband and when he had the pistol, too?

MRS. OSWALD -- Yes. I asked him then why he had dressed himself up like that, with the rifle and the pistol, and I thought that he had gone crazy, and he said he wanted to send that to a newspaper. This was not my business---it was man's business. If I had known these were such dangerous toys of course---you understand that I thought that Lee had changed in that direction, and I didn't think it was a serious occupation with him, just playing around.

MR. RANKIN -- Do you recall the day that you took the picture of him with the rifle and the pistol?

MRS. OSWALD -- I think that that was towards the end of February, possibly the beginning of March. I can't say exactly. Because I didn't attach any significance to it at the time. That was the only time I took any pictures. I don't know how to take pictures. He gave me a camera and asked me---if someone should ask me how to photograph, I don't know.

MR. RANKIN -- Was it on a day off that you took the picture?

MRS. OSWALD -- It was on a Sunday.

MR. RANKIN -- How did it occur? Did he come to you and ask you to take the picture?

MRS. OSWALD -- I was hanging up diapers, and he came up to me with the rifle and l was even a little scared, and he gave me the camera and asked me to press a certain button.

MR. RANKIN -- And he was dressed up with a pistol at the same time, was he?

MRS. OSWALD -- Yes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/09/marina-oswald.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by David Von Pein

I'm not defending Livingstone by any stretch of the imagination.  In fact I was looking for something I'd read years back about him on the steps of Congress or somewhere in Washington blustering about how he was the only researcher pursuing whatever subject was of importance to him at the moment.  He seems paranoid at times as well as full of his own self importance.  That said, he did publish some otherwise unpublished information that would have otherwise never seen the light of day.  I do try to take it with a big grain of salt as suggested by Mr. McBride.  I'd really like to know more about his sources.  I've read Larry Harris was respected.  I couldn't find anything on Professor Bill Pulte.  E. G. where was he a professor, where did he graduate from, what was his field (not that this qualifies expertise).

Here's and interesting interview, that I believe demonstrates his paranoia and introversion, as well as his passion.  I never knew he shook hands with or was or was inspired by JFK's presence.

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/L Disk/Livingstone Harrison Edward States Attorney/Item 08.pdf

Nor did I know Vince Palamara was encouraged by or worked with Livingstone.

https://vincepalamara.com/2015/06/03/harrison-edward-livingstone-he-was-a-friend-of-mine/ 

Edited by Ron Bulman

Davey is up to his old tricks again.  He never gets tired of this routine does he.

The following is from Weisberg's Whitewash 2, Chapter 1.  That  chapter is largely from the first Secret Service interview with Marina by Charles Kunkel.

The FBI advised her "It would be better for me if I were to help them....If I didn't want to answer they told me that if I wanted to live in this country, I would have to help in his matter...."

"She said that she saw the rifle but she has never seen a pistol on Lee or in his possession or in the house." 

Geez Davey, think there is some relationship between the FBI threat and the difference between her first interview and her WC testimony?

Well, gee whitakers, it sure as heck looks like  it eh?

And BTW, that rifle she recalled, it did not have a scope.  But recall what she said when she was presented with the rifle before the WC, "That is the fateful rifle of Lee Oswald."

Kind of interesting eh?  In addition to the threat, let us never forget Tex-Italia Films out in LA. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Davey is up to his old tricks again.  He never gets tired of this routine does he.

The following is from Weisberg's Whitewash 2, Chapter 1.  That  chapter is largely from the first Secret Service interview with Marina by Charles Kunkel.

The FBI advised her "It would be better for me if I were to help them....If I didn't want to answer they too dmd that if I wanted to live in this country, I would have to help in his matter...."

"She said that she saw the rifle but she has never seen a pistol on Lee or in his possession or in the house." 

Geez Davey, think there is some relationship between the FBI threat and the difference between her first interview and her WC testimony?

Well, gee whitakers, it sure as heck looks like  it eh?

And BTW, that rifle she recalled, it did not have a scope.  But recall what she said when she was presented with the rifle before the WC, "That is the fateful rifle of Lee Oswald."

Kind of interesting eh?  In addition to the threat, let us never forget Tex-Italia Films out in LA. 

David - this is the problem. I decided long ago to dismiss Marina’s testimony because there was no way to know what was true and what wasn’t. She was not a reliable witness. I’ve followed the case for 52 years. I work backwards from the Zapruder film. Knowing that Oswald could not have fired the fatal headshot leads inevitably to conclude conspiracy, and from there all bets are off. All evidence, all witness statements, have to be weighed against that central fact. I appreciate your efforts and contributions. 

16 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Have you read my interview with Johnnie Maxie Witherspoon?

I have searched many of your past postings but cannot find the Witherspoon interview. Could you direct me to this?

Thanks.

Joe, its summarized  in detail on pages 285-95 of Into the Nightmare.

As I said, if you do not have that book, you should.

Its the best and most complete compendium of information that we have on the Tippit case.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Joe, its summarized  in detail on pages 285-95 of Into the Nightmare.

As I said, if you do not have that book, you should.

Its the best and most complete compendium of information that we have on the Tippit case.

Thank you Jim.

The incredible David Giglio has just posted this interview with me about my article on the TIppit case on You Tube.  What a great guy he is.

Joe's book (and interview) with Ms. Witherspoon makes it clear that Tippit had a brief affair with her (over a few months) in late 1963.  She was recently divorced, and the mother of four (plus a daughter later, by another marriage).  She seemed very forthcoming (see pages 283-295) and put flowers on JD's grave (anonymously).  Her first husband was abusive and threatening.  Tippit's marriage seemed to be in trouble, and he apparently was not a faithful husband.  He may have been seeking a divorce just before he was killed. 

9 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

David - this is the problem. I decided long ago to dismiss Marina’s testimony because there was no way to know what was true and what wasn’t. She was not a reliable witness.

Paul,

And do you have any idea why Marina still, to this day, is saying she took the backyard pictures (despite the fact that she now thinks Lee was innocent and was framed as the patsy for JFK's murder)? Is she still afraid of being deported? ....

"I was very nervous that day when I took the pictures," [Marina told author Gerald Posner]. "I can't remember how many I took, but I know I took them and that is what is important. It would be easier if I said I never took them, but that is not the truth." -- Page 106 of Gerald Posner's "Case Closed"

And....

On November 30, 2000, Marina told author Vince Bugliosi that she took the backyard photos and she also re-confirmed for Bugliosi that Lee Oswald had taken a shot at General Edwin Walker:

"Although...I did not come to interrogate Marina about the facts of the case, since this had already been done ad nauseam, a few references to factual matters were made. When she insisted on Oswald's innocence, suggesting he would never do such a murderous act, I reminded her that he had, in fact, attempted to murder Major General Edwin Walker, and she readily admitted he had, telling me she knew this because "Lee told me he did." But she hastened to add that the president was different because "Lee liked Kennedy." And [Fort Worth lawyer and friend of Bugliosi's] Jack Duffy, who has studied the assassination for years and leans toward the conspiracy theory, asked Marina if she had taken "the backyard photos" of Oswald holding the Carcano rifle. "Yes," she answered evenly, "I did." "That settles that issue," Duffy said." -- Page 1487 of "Reclaiming History" by Vincent Bugliosi

I work backwards from the Zapruder film. Knowing that Oswald could not have fired the fatal headshot leads inevitably to conclude conspiracy, and from there all bets are off. All evidence, all witness statements, have to be weighed against that central fact. 

And so, Paul, would I be correct in assuming then that you do NOT think that President Kennedy's head is moving initially FORWARD at the instant he was struck by the head shot? And would you agree that a movement of the President's head FORWARD at the critical moment of impact would, indeed, tend to indicate that the bullet that caused that forward movement was likely fired from BEHIND the President?

107.+Zapruder+Film+(Head+Shot+Sequence+I

And can I also assume, Paul, based on your last comment quoted above, that you are also of the opinion that the autopsy photo of JFK's head below is a fake and has been altered in some manner (despite the conclusion reached by the HSCA on this matter [at Page 41 of HSCA Vol. 7])?

JFK_Autopsy_Photo_BOH.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

Davey, what does this mean:

despite the fact that she now thinks Lee was innocent

If she never saw a rifle with a scope before, and she never saw a revolver in the house, does that not say that that week, right after the assassination, she thought he was innocent.

BTW, during that interview, which you like to ignore, she also said Oswald had never been to Mexico.

Paul said very clearly, you don't know what to believe with Marina. What about Nixon, do you believe that one Davey?

Joe Ball did not want her to testify either.  He's one of your guys.

Why don't you just leave her alone.  Remember Tex Italia Films, which was a front, but it got her six figures for a fake movie contract.?  Right about when she went before the WC?

Why leave that out?

A worthy subordinate enterprise might be to discover exactly how much of that "six figures" Marina Oswald and her daughters collected, and whom the rest was divvied up among.  Cherchez l'argent! as they say.

Edited by David Andrews

Who was it that originally pointed out that the head first went forward before snapping back? He has since come to the conclusion that it was an illusion caused by camera movement, and said by looking at the background you can spot the forward movement illusion. 

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

The incredible David Giglio has just posted this interview with me about my article on the TIppit case on You Tube.  What a great guy he is.

Nice to hear so much of this actually spoken.  Well presented.  Hopefully it will be picked up upon by other sources and distributed further.

I remember going to the Texas School Book Depository museum and looking out "Oswald's window" before they closed it off with glass as you mention.