The Education Forum

The Tippit Case in the New Millenium

Concerning Oswald, and how the WC made him into anything they needed:  I will never forget a seminar in Chicago at which both Burt Griffin and Bob Tanenbaum spoke.

Griffin said his usual WC nonsense: the evidence against Oswald was strong.  But he also added they was hesitant about wrongly accusing certain people in a plot.

During Griffin's talk I just happened to glance over at Tanenbaum who had his head in his hand and was almost grimacing most of the time.

When Bob got up to speak, one of the things he did was to mock the above comment by saying  "No, no, no, we don't want to accuse anyone, in case we're wrong. But there's always Lee Harvey Oswald, and we can do anything in Hades that we want to him."

Which is utterly true and pretty much sums up why they did.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Edging while handling the cards" means turning the image "almost horizontally" to confirm if a perceived image is there.  Which is apparently coloring outside the lines to Rorschach testers, who accuse the subject of "psychopathology," or, more recently, "autism."

Don't people do this with actual photographs to confirm a perceived detail?  Maybe even with "Oswald in the doorway"?

To castigate someone for doing it with a subjective image seems censorious.  I wonder if the "psychopathology" diagnoses thrown at Rorschach edgers were ever verified with other forms of psychological test.

In edging, "a seemingly deliberate attempt is made to see what no one else can."  Oh, my God! - card cheating, caught by the house.

Edited by David Andrews

See the Harvey & Lee threads for discussion of Renatus Hartogs.

In the 1950s and 1960s culture (I can tell you from having grown up in the latter decade), delinquency and delinquency prediction were major concerns of the educational apparatus in the US, and certainly in urban areas.  Doug Caddy has posted a thread with a scholarly paper on how delinquency prediction factored into the profiling of Oswald in the Warren Report.

Psychology and psychiatry were generally industrializing and overzealous in the post-war decades, having had so many combat stress cases to process.  Hence the tone and findings of the report on Tippit; that Rorschach examiner's out to keep his job..  Institutional shrinks were at the level of Witchfinders General back then.

Any psychological test reports the armed forces conducted on Tippit would be interesting to compare.  Joseph McBride?

Edited by David Andrews