The Education Forum

The Tippit Case in the New Millenium

Steve:

I don't have Hill's testimony in front of me, but I do not recall him being questioned about that.

Do you?  If not, that is what I mean.  

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Steve:

I don't have Hill's testimony in front of me, but I do not recall him being questioned about that.

Do you?  If not, that is what I mean.  

Jim,

Nada from the WC.

Hill was on foot. First he took Sgt. Owens car(19) , then he took Poe's car(105).

Mr. HILL. All right, I took the key to Poe's car.

Mr. HILL. No. That is Bud Owens.
Mr. BELIN. You had left Owens' car at this time?
Mr. HILL. I left Owens' car and had 105 (Poe) car at this time.

The first man that came up to me, he said, "The man that shot him was a white male about 5'10", weighing 160 to 170 pounds, had on a Jacket and a pair of dark trousers, and brown bushy hair."
At this point the first squad rolled up, and that would have been squad 105, which had been dispatched from downtown. An officer named Joe Poe, and I believe his partner was a boy named Jez.
I told him to stay at the scene and guard the car and talk to as many witnesses as they could find to the incident, and that we were going to start checking the area.

Mr. BELIN. Now, let me interrupt you here, sergeant. Do you remember the name of the person that gave you the description?
Mr. HILL. No. I turned him over to Poe, and I didn't even get his name.

After searching the vacant houses, "I got back in 105's car, went back around to the original scene, gave him his car keys back, and left his car there, and at this point he came up to me with a Winston cigarette package."

The only thing I can think of is that this "mystery witness" who Hill said could identify the subject, was the "mystery witness" who gave Hill this 5'10" 165lb description. Hill said he turned this man over to Poe, but I don't know...

Steve Thomas

That is really interesting Steve.

What do you make of it?

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Why so little background on Hill, Westbrook, Lumpkin, etc?

They were all semi local good old boy's with the force for years.  They all had the cover (as well as Dean, Butler and more) of Fritz, Wade, Mayor CIA asset Earle Cabell and likely Wade's idol LBJ.  A little history on them is in No More Silence by Larry Sneed to go with Nightmare.

It makes one wonder how the long serving Westbrook got the gig in Vietnam.   

Edited by Ron Bulman

In my opinion, Westbrook, Croy and Hill look really suspicious in the Tippit case.

And I do not know how I missed that fascinating episode above that Steve uncovered.  

I really do mean what I said at the end about what the purpose of the Tippit shooting was, and I am glad Evan Marshall through Livingstone, backs up the info McBride got from Leavelle on that years ago.  And man what a really good prosecutor could have done with those three guys.  Their stories are really hard to swallow. 

TO think that Belin called the TIppit case the Rosetta Stone to the assassination.  He was correct, but not in the way he imagined.

James DiEugenio said:

If the reader recalls, [Gerald] Hill was the policeman who first reported from the Tippit scene that the shells fired there were from an automatic.

[...]

The delay in getting the shells on the inventory list and the failure to send all the ammunition exhibits promptly to the FBI has led some to suspect that the police fiddled with the evidence—to the extent that it suggests that the original weapon perhaps really was an automatic.

But regardless of anything that was ever said by DPD Sergeant Jerry Hill, and regardless of any "delay" in sending any bullet shells to the FBI, when we examine what the multiple eyewitnesses at 10th & Patton said about the gunman DUMPING SHELLS out of his gun as he fled the scene of the crime, and when we think about WHERE the four bullet shells were actually found (which was many yards away from where the murder actually occurred, with the murder occurring right next to Tippit's police car, which is a location where NO bullet shells were recovered), then the idea of the Tippit murder weapon really being an "automatic" becomes a virtual impossibility.

And I don't think even any hardened conspiracy theorist has enough gall to call ALL of the various witnesses liars who verified the aspects of the Tippit case I just talked about---i.e., the "Shell Dumping" witnesses (Barbara Davis, Virginia Davis, Sam Guinyard) and the "Shells Were Found Near The Corner Of Tenth & Patton" witnesses (Domingo Benavides, Barbara Davis, Virginia Davis).

More:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/01/oliver-stone-and-jd-tippit.html

Edited by David Von Pein

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

That is really interesting Steve.

What do you make of it?

Jim,

I don't know, other than the fact that this physical description so closely matches the one put out over the police radio at 12:45 PM (the one that nobody seems to know where it came from).

In both cases, the origin of a 5'10" 165lb suspect is unknown.

Steve Thomas

Steve:

Some people, at least two that I know of, think Hill might have been in on it.

If that is so, do you think it might be possible that he did that to cover where the description actually came from?

The thing that has always bugged me about the description is what people leave out but which I put in my article. The man was supposed to be armed with a rifle.

So why would Tippit stop him without calling for back up.  Which he had in Mentzel.  But since it is likely the guy was not armed with a rifle, then again, why did Tippit stop him?  

Edited by James DiEugenio

48 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Steve:

If that is so, do you think it might be possible that he did that to cover where the description actually came from?

Jim,

I honestly don't know, but this 5'10" 165 lb guy seems to show up more than once.

See this thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/24831-510/

It just makes me wonder.

Steve Thomas

In my article I devoted some time to this issue.

I don't think the description did come from Brennan.  Sawyer somehow could not recall where it came from.

Hoover could not find out where it came from.

This is why I say I think Tanenbaum was on the money back in Chicago in 1993.  He said, his entering question in his investigation would be : "Why did Tippit stop Oswald?"

Edited by James DiEugenio

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Steve:

The thing that has always bugged me about the description is what people leave out but which I put in my article. The man was supposed to be armed with a rifle.

So why would Tippit stop him without calling for back up.  Which he had in Mentzel.  But since it is likely the guy was not armed with a rifle, then again, why did Tippit stop him?  

Just food for thought.  Why did Tippit stop him?  First, who is him?  Oswald, someone (else?) he knew, or another "stranger".  Second, no one saw the confrontation prior to the shots.  Two witnesses after the shots saw another police car in the driveway Tippit blocked when he stopped his car.  Did he stop to converse with another cop about what the hell was going on, why he couldn't find Oswald (?).  And was then assassinated as a patsy for the DPD to seek revenge on?  Fact based speculation, two people did see the cop car, he blocked the driveway (which went straight through to the alley behind the houses).   Oswald didn't walk or run a mile from his boarding house unobserved in 4-5 minutes to the scene of Tippit's murder then fly away to the Texas Theater.

Only way the official story happens is if Ruby, another cop,  or some cia asset takes him by to shoot Tippit then drops him off at the TT to get caught...  now that's speculation. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

My own theory on this is that was drawn into an ambush and killed by the cops because he knew too much.

22 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

My own theory on this is that was drawn into an ambush and killed by the cops because he knew too much.

Sacrificed for the common good of uniting the troops?