The Education Forum

The Tippit Case in the New Millenium

7 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Whatever Livingstone writes needs to be taken with a big grain of salt

and corroborated with more reliable sources, if possible.

Sounds reasonable to me, but he does have one of my favorite lines in this whole field which goes, if memory serves, something like this:

There is lots of evidence in the National Archives against Lee Harvey Oswald, and all of it is phony.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Robert Harper said:

Joseph--do you think Oswald would have kept a gun there? I don't. I've rented a room in a place with no lock on the room. I saw that house and it had 10 renters. I don't believe for a second that there was not snooping and I think Oswald would know that. I don't know how he got the gun he had, but I just doubt it was kept on Beckley. 

I think there’s doubt he ever had the revolver in his possession. 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

I think there’s doubt he ever had the revolver in his possession. 

Just linked by Bart K-  As discussed in my essay Gerald Hill and the Framing of Lee Harvey Oswald (here), there is very good reason to believe that DPD Sgt. Gerald Hill framed Oswald for the murder of DPD officer J.D. Tippit by pretending to remove the gun most likely used to kill Tippit (WCE 143) "

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I think there’s doubt he [Lee Harvey Oswald] ever had the revolver in his possession. 

So, Paul, do you therefore think Captain Fritz lied through his teeth when he wrote these things in his report?....

"I asked him [Oswald] where he went to when he left work, and he told me that he had a room on 1026 North Beckley, that he went over there and changed his trousers and got his pistol and went to the picture show. I asked him why he carried his pistol, and he remarked, "You know how boys do when they have a gun, they just carry it." " [WCR; Page 601] [DVP's emphasis]

Edited by David Von Pein

28 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

So, Paul, do you therefore think Captain Fritz lied through his teeth when he wrote these things in his report?....

"I asked him [Oswald] where he went to when he left work, and he told me that he had a room on 1026 North Beckley, that he went over there and changed his trousers and got his pistol and went to the picture show. I asked him why he carried his pistol, and he remarked, "You know how boys do when they have a gun, they just carry it." " [WCR; Page 601] [DVP's emphasis]

Well, seeing as there is no transcript or recording, something I still cannot fathom, the answer is yes I believe Fritz lied. And without transcript or recording we are left with two possibilities instead of one incontrovertible fact. 

17 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I think the Oswald at those breakfasts might have been Crafard. 

I don't see any resemblance between Crafard and LHO. Crafard was missing some front teeth. Crafard only knew Ruby for a matter of weeks, I wish I could be more specific, but it was not very long. Point being, I don't see a Crafard as being someone with whom Ruby would be socializing or paling-around. I also don't see the DPD hanging around with Ruby, but our H&L counterpart does fit that scenario.

I do recommend reading Crafard's testimony; and read in tandem with George Senator's testimony you get a good picture of Ruby, especially on the weekend of the 22nd. Officer Olson and Kay Olson's testimony should be read in proximity to them as well, these latter two are fairly brief compared with the former two.

2 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Well, seeing as there is no transcript or recording, something I still cannot fathom, the answer is yes I believe Fritz lied. And without transcript or recording we are left with two possibilities instead of one incontrovertible fact. 

Exactly. Thats definitely the common sense view instead of believing and assuming (without study) literally everything that is said to have occurred officially. Its challenging digging for the facts and piecing it all together to make sense, a complex mosaic as Bugliosi said (one of my favorite sayings from him actually), the way a complex conspiracy would have to be solved.

26 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

I don't see any resemblance between Crafard and LHO. Crafard was missing some front teeth. Crafard only knew Ruby for a matter of weeks, I wish I could be more specific, but it was not very long. Point being, I don't see a Crafard as being someone with whom Ruby would be socializing or paling-around. I also don't see the DPD hanging around with Ruby, but our H&L counterpart does fit that scenario.

I do recommend reading Crafard's testimony; and read in tandem with George Senator's testimony you get a good picture of Ruby, especially on the weekend of the 22nd. Officer Olson and Kay Olson's testimony should be read in proximity to them as well, these latter two are fairly brief compared with the former two.

Mr. GRIFFIN. Did Jack also eat at the Eatwell?

Mr. CRAFARD. He didn't eat there when I was there with him, after I went to work for him.

-------------------

I am looking for the date that Crafard met Ruby. It was during the Dallas Fair. It was only days later that Crafard went to live and work at The Carousel.

5 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Was Tippit sleeping with another woman or women in the months before he was killed? If so, how do we know this? And if so, were there any connections to Jack Ruby with these women?

Have you read my interview with Johnnie Maxie Witherspoon?

5 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Let me add something  more about Joe's book.

Near the end he list some of the people who he thinks are suspects in doing the actual shooting of JD Tippit.

From that list I think there are three that are really interesting:

Vaganov, Olsen, Garner

The Vaganov case is something everyone should consider.  If you recall, Fonzi wrote an article about Vaganov in Philadelphia Mazazine that was so disturbing to the Power Elite that Esquire replied a few months later.  But if you ask  me, they just made it worse.  An interesting suspect who, in any real inquiry, would have been called in for questioning.

What can one say about Harry?  He was so close to Ruby that they went ice skating together.  Girlfriend Kay, a  dancer who worked for Jack. Dismissed from the DPD in December of 1963.  Lies about a supposed estate he was guarding that weekend, somehow he could not recall the address or the owner. Kay has a long talk with Ruby the night of the assassination saying Oswald should have been dragged through the streets.  They leave for California and get married. Don Thomas just informed me that when the Olsens split, she returned to Dallas and said that Harry knew Oswald as well.

Garner was a weird case.  He was suspected of being the assassin who shot Warren Reynolds, a witness to the TIppit slaying who would not ID Oswald as the killler. But after he was shot, his memory was refreshed and he said it was Oswald.  Garner got drunk and actually admitted he shot Reynolds. Betty Mooney, who once worked for Ruby, stepped forward to give Garner an alibi.  About a week after Garner's release, Betty was arrested for disturbing the peace, placed in jail and the cops said she killed herself there. 

Three decent suspects I think.

Edited by James DiEugenio

If I recall, Vaganov was 6' 4"

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

OK. Fine.

In addition to accusing just Captain John Will Fritz of the DPD of being a l-i-a-r when it comes to this topic of "Did Oswald Carry A Pistol On 11/22/63?", here are three more people who said Oswald was carrying a gun that day --- James Hosty of the FBI, James Bookhout of the FBI, and civilian shoe store manager Johnny Brewer. Do you now want to call all three of these people liars too, including the civilian witness (Brewer)?....

"Oswald admitted to carrying a pistol with him..." -- Via this 11/22/63 Hosty/Bookhout FD-302 FBI Report

"...he [Oswald] reached under his shirt and pulled out a revolver." -- Johnny C. Brewer; July 1986 [5:40 in the video below]

Edited by David Von Pein

I do not think that is what Hasan was saying in his essay, which we printed at our web site, Kennedys and King.com

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/gerald-hill-and-the-framing-of-lee-harvey-oswald

What I think he was saying was the gun was switched.  If you read the essay he seems to say that Hill and Westbrook were in on the switch.

If you read my essay you will see that Hill brought the gun back to Westbrook's office, that is the personnel office.  Westbrook himself admitted that this was kind of inexplicable. But it is true.

Now if you throw in the fact that, as Gene showed above, there is no proof that Oswald ever picked up the handgun in question from REA, then I think you have the beginning of  a chain of custody problem. 

Let me add this also: is the Smith and Wesson in evidence the same model Smith and Wesson that they say Oswald ordered?

Harry Olsen was fired by Chief Curry in December 1963 and fled to California with Coleman.

Garner made many claims of involvement in activities surrounding

the assassination in a 1967 interview with Mark Lane. 

Garner died at age thirty of an alleged heroin overdose in Louisiana in January 1970. In his obituary, Penn Jones reported, “Garner repeatedly told Jim Garrison that [DPD Captain] Will Fritz in Dallas had threatened Garner’s life.” 

Edited by Joseph McBride