The Education Forum

Has Pierre Finck passed on?

http://www.northdallasfuneralhome.com/obituary/15814/

If so that is so then it  leaves us with just one pathologist, correct?

Pierre Antoine Finck

Pierre Antoine Finck studied at the University of Geneva Medical School. After graduating in 1948 he spent two years at the Institute of Pathology in Geneva before moving to the United States where he continued his studies at the University of Tennessee Medical School.

In 1955 Finck was drafted into the United States Army. He was sent to Germany and became a pathologist at the U.S. Army hospital in Frankfurt. In 1959 Finck was sent to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Washington. The following year he was appointed Chief of the Wound Ballistics Pathology Branch of the institute.

When John F. Kennedy was assassinated on 22nd November, 1963, his body was taken to Bethesda Naval Hospital. Finck received a phone-call from Joseph Humes asking him to help him and Thornton Boswell with the autopsy of Kennedy.

Finck was interviewed by the Warren Commission where he testified that he believed Kennedy was "shot from the rear". He added "the bullet entered in the back of the head and went out on the right side of his skull." After further questioning from Arlen Specter, Finck claimed that Kennedy had been shot from behind and above.

In 1964 Finck appeared as an expert medical witness before the International Commission of Jurists in Panama. He argued that the gunshot victims were not killed by American soldiers. Finck also worked as a consultant to the FBI. According to Harold A. Rydberg Finck was involved in testifying in the William Pitzer and William Calley cases.

Finck was also associated with the International Police Academy (IPA). It had originally been established by the CIA in Panama. Later the IPA moved to Washington where it was engaged in training police forces from the Third World. Finck worked as a lecturer at the IPA.

On 24th May, 1996, Finck provided a deposition to the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB). During his interview he could not explain what happened to the notes he made during the autopsy of John F. Kennedy. He also admitted that he did not carry out other procedures that were standard in autopsies such as recording the measurements in writing during the autopsy or removing and weighing the organs damaged by the bullets entering the body. Nor did he examine the clothing Kennedy was wearing. Finck also admitted that he did not speak with the doctors who had treated Kennedy in Dallas?

Finck's testimony conflicted with that of Joseph Humes and Thornton Boswell. As one newspaper pointed out: "Two doctors, J. Thornton Boswell and James Humes, told the review board that the brain exam occurred two or three days after Kennedy's death. Initially, Humes told the Warren Commission that he, Boswell and a third pathologist, Dr. Pierre Finck, were present when the brain was examined. But when he testified to the review board in 1996, Humes did not list Finck among those present. Boswell maintains Finck was not there. On the other hand, Finck says the brain exam did not occur until much later."

The conflicting testimony caused Douglas Horne, chief analyst for military records, to conclude in a 32-page memo that two separate brain exams may have been conducted, "contrary to the official record as it has been presented to the American people... If true, Dr. Finck's account of a brain exam separate and distinct from the first one would mean that Drs. Humes and Boswell were present at two different brain exams".

In 1959 Finck was sent to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Washington. The following year he was appointed Chief of the Wound Ballistics Pathology Branch of the institute.

According to Harold A. Rydberg Finck was involved in testifying in the William Pitzer and William Calley cases.

12 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

According to Harold A. Rydberg Finck was involved in testifying in the William Pitzer and William Calley cases.

I dunno, maybe with so much reading, things get lost but the jaw dropped yet again. Just recently learned more about Rdyberg and now this connection of dots that was from 2005 and I must have read them, but they hit me just now with a brick. If I thought about Frinck at all, it was about how the Garrison probe got him to say under oath about how he follows orders and the room was full of Admirals and Generals at the JFK autopsy. I wonder if he had any advice during the  PatTillman inquiry.

If that is so, are there any details about what he said in those two cases.

Also, if its him, why was he buried in Dallas, and why was he living there at the time?  I thought he lived in Switzerland.

That hurts.

If there was ever going to be a reopening of this case before a grand jury I would have thought one of them would be necessary.

But again, why was Finck buried in Dallas?  

Researcher Matt Douthit, who lives in Dallas, told me today he knew Pierre lived with his daughter in Dallas and even attempted an interview to no avail.

(Jim, love your book- see my other thread. I have advertised it on my Facebook page to much comment)