The Education Forum

The JFK Assassination (2018) by James DiEugenio

You all need to get this book! This is an updated version of his RECLAIMING PARKLAND, arguably my favorite book on the case.

https://www.amazon.com/JFK-Assassination-James-DiEugenio/dp/1510739831/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1525633751&sr=1-2&keywords=jfk+assassination

Vince

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much Vince.

I have already done a spot on RT with Sean Stone, and I did a spot on Coast to Coast with Richard Syrett.

I have about four other interviews upcoming to try and help promote the book.

Thanks for that Vince.  I appreciate it.

I have to add something about this.

This was really Oliver Stone's idea. He is a big fan of that book.  In fact, his three favorite books on the JFK case are JFK and the Unspeakable, the second edition of Destiny Betrayed and this one.  So he managed to push through the revised and expanded edition.  But he also insisted on new art work and a new title. 

I had planned on doing a new version when all the documents were declassified.  Well, Oliver thought that was kind of wrong headed.  When he heard that from my publisher, he called me and said, "Jim, I thought you were a smart guy.  Do you really think that Trump and the CIA are going to let go of all that stuff on April 26th?"

Well, he was right about that.  So that is why the book is being released at this time.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Good to know it's out. I just ordered it and look forward to starting to read it tomorrow. I am glad

you updated it and included material on THE POST, etc. The analysis of Bugliosi, Spielberg, and Hanks

in the previous edition is acute and important -- the way books and films propagandize for the

official theory is a serious problem with the case, as is the ongoing dishonesty of the news media in its "reporting"

of the assassination, i.e., largely an avoidance of actual reporting while retailing tired old lies incessantly.

Edited by Joseph McBride

And I should thank Joe on that angle.

His book on Spielberg really helped me a lot.  In my view, its the best book on the guy that is out there.  And as far as I can see, there really is no second place.

If you ask me, for all the info Joe dug up on him,  Spielberg would have been better off cooperating with Joe than not.

Its really something that Joe did as well as he did on the TIppit case, while doing books that good on the movies at the same time. While being a professor of cinema also.

Thanks so much Rob.

I appreciate it.  I just did another interview today.  This one in NYC.

Yes, that is the title Oliver and I wanted, JFK: The Evidence Today.

They changed it in New York.  And we did not realize it until after.

I think the publisher wanted to differentiate it from the film.

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Yes, that is the title Oliver and I wanted, JFK: The Evidence Today.

They changed it in New York.  And we did not realize it until after.

I think the publisher wanted to differentiate it from the film.

Ahhh I see and thanks Jim. Can't wait to dig into it.

Thanks so much B. A.

Fans of the Kennedys and King web site are lining up some radio interviews for me.

There is one called the Corbett Report which looks like a really intelligent radio show podcast.  Some one is trying to get me on that one right now.

On 5/6/2018 at 1:49 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks so much Vince.

I have already done a spot on RT with Sean Stone, and I did a spot on Coast to Coast with Richard Syrett.

I have about four other interviews upcoming to try and help promote the book.

James,

I'm looking forward to borrowing it from any San Diego area library (whenever the system decides to purchase a copy), reading it, and then ... (gasp) ... writing a really, really glowing review of it!

--  T.G.