The Education Forum

Was Oswald ... Gasp ...Arrested in Mexico at Some Point and ... and ... and ....Was There a Photo of a KGB Officer in His ... Gasp ... Pocket? (I don't think so.)

I have recently shown in another thread that, during the 1975 and 1976 Church Committee hearings, James Jesus Angleton wasn't talking about some unknown KGB dude by the name of "Leontov," but KGB's 35 year-old, short, blond, very thin-faced operations officer in Mexico, Colonel Nikolai Leonov, whose "personal card" was allegedly found in Fidel Castro's wallet (not Oswald's pocket, and not a photograph) when Fidel was arrested in Mexico in 1956.

For what it's worth, if I understand Angleton's other testimony correctly, he seemed to believe, based on 1) the possibility that Oswald met with KGB operations officer Leonov in Mexico City (as confirmed by Leonov, himself, in the 1990s), and 2 ) that a certain KGB triple agent after the assassination had tried to convince CIA that KGB had had no relationship with Oswald, that Oswald may have been working for the Ruskies.

A Committee member, a certain Mr. Schwarz, clearly misspoke when he said Oswald had been arrested in Mexico City.  He meant to say that Castro had been arrested there back in the day.

I beg to differ with Bill Simpich's interpretation of one particular part of Angleton's testimony.  To wit; when Mr. Schwarz practically puts not only words but mistakes in Angleton's mouth by asking him the rhetorical question, "What about the pictures, one of which was a picture of Leontov (sic) that was in a piece of paper found in Mr. Oswald's pocket when he was arrested in Mexico City?"

And Angleton replies. "There's an allegation."  Period. Full stop.

Given the context of this circus, in my humble opinion Angleton's reply should not be taken as some sinister substitute for, "That's right. Whaddaya want to make of it?," but rather .....

.... "Hmm, your allegation sure is news to me.  Sure you got that right?"

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1447#relPageId=15&tab=page

Bill Simpich, what say you?

"Angleton also claimed that a photo of Leonov was supposedly found in Oswald’s pocket when he was supposedly arrested in Mexico.25 ]"

--  from Chapter 6 of State Secret  

Edited by Thomas Graves

LEONOV GOES BACK TO THE MID 50'S....   

TAKE YOUR TIME TOMMY...  LET US KNOW IF YOU FIND ANYTHING PERTINENT :up

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10218-10034.pdf - 162 PAGE FILE ON LEONOV...

(See buddy... I DO care... but like the rest are tired of the obtuseness...  I hope this helps you)

DJ

41629894_56-10-10LEONOVANDWIFETRAVELINGTOUSAVIALAREDOTOTAKEQUEENELIZABETHVOYAGE.thumb.jpg.8ec6dd520af7fb197d48793ebdd3a8f0.jpg

image.thumb.png.5da2afc0222cf005350b78b618c6a3fb.png

image.thumb.png.58aa38fbae9e9d7a0514726a6f2fd3f1.png

9 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

LEONOV GOES BACK TO THE MID 50'S....   

TAKE YOUR TIME TOMMY...  LET US KNOW IF YOU FIND ANYTHING PERTINENT :up

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/104-10218-10034.pdf - 162 PAGE FILE ON LEONOV...

(See buddy... I DO care... but like the rest are tired of the obtuseness...  I hope this helps you)

DJ

41629894_56-10-10LEONOVANDWIFETRAVELINGTOUSAVIALAREDOTOTAKEQUEENELIZABETHVOYAGE.thumb.jpg.8ec6dd520af7fb197d48793ebdd3a8f0.jpg

image.thumb.png.5da2afc0222cf005350b78b618c6a3fb.png

image.thumb.png.58aa38fbae9e9d7a0514726a6f2fd3f1.png

Thank you, David!

Interesting stuff.

You da Man!

--  T.G.

PS  Obtuseness?  What does that mean?

PPS  Hey, David.  Got anything on Byetkov?

Edited by Thomas Graves

8 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

PS  Obtuseness?  What does that mean?

PPS  Hey, David.  Got anything on Byetkov?

my understanding:    ....not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form

and nothing comes up in my search - so far....

You'll find the contents of Fidel's address book in that doc... at least that's what it appears to be - starts on page 82 - as well as the names of a whole bunch of Russians....