The Education Forum

National Enquirer shocker

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Davey, as we have shown many times on the Tippit thread [ http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2018/05/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-124.html ], Vince was simply wrong on this.

Got that: He was wrong.

Tippit's wallet was recovered from the hospital and it was taken to the DPD along with his other effects. That is in my essay. If you do not want to note it or look at it, fine.  It's part of your denial syndrome. [Heavy Irony Alert!!]

Here's a replay of part of a discussion from August 2010 concerning the topic of J.D. Tippit's wallet:

DVP SAID:

Jim [DiEugenio], in what document can I find the info about Tippit's wallet being taken off of his corpse at Methodist Hospital?

[Later....]

Never mind, Jim. I found it myself, via the files of the Dallas Municipal Archives (Box 9; Folder 2; Item 3), linked HERE.

And (just as I suspected) the document showing Tippit's personal property most definitely does NOT prove that Tippit's wallet was taken off of his body at Methodist Hospital (or at Parkland, where he was taken for his autopsy).

How can I know?

Because Tippit's service revolver is ALSO listed on this inventory of Tippit's personal property ("1 SW Rev Ser # 138278"). And we know that Tippit's revolver was LEFT AT THE MURDER SCENE after Tippit was shot, being picked up by witness Ted Callaway.

Therefore, the "Black Billfold" listed in that document didn't necessarily have to be taken off of Tippit's body at Methodist or Parkland.

JIM DiEUGENIO SAID:

Please show me the testimony, evidence or affidavit about the name plate, pens etc being stripped off Tippit at the scene. Yeah sure. Happens all the time, right?

DVP SAID:

When did I ever suggest such a foolish and stupid thing, Jim?

Answer: Never.

But you have no proof that a DPD officer didn't take Tippit's wallet from 10th Street to either Methodist or Parkland between the time Tippit was shot and the time Captain Doughty signed-off on the document which catalogues all of Tippit's personal belongings at 3:25 PM.

Allow me to quote Jim DiEugenio's favorite author of all-time, Vincent T. Bugliosi:

"But whose wallet was it? Dallas WFAA-TV cameraman Ron Reiland, narrating the silent footage for his viewers, said it was Tippit’s wallet. Apart from [Dale] Myers saying that Reiland’s reportage over the assassination weekend contained numerous factual errors, the main reason why Myers rejects the possibility that the wallet was Tippit’s is that “1 Black Billfold” was listed among Tippit’s personal effects, and Myers says, “The only item known to have been brought to the hospital [Methodist, and later Parkland] and added to Tippit’s personal effects was Tippit’s revolver, which by all accounts was left behind at the murder scene” (Myers, 'With Malice', pp.299–300).

But we know that several officers went to Methodist Hospital, where Tippit’s body was brought into the emergency ward, and they could have brought Tippit’s wallet from the murder scene to either there or Parkland. There certainly was plenty of time to do so before Tippit’s personal property was inventoried, at 3:25 p.m. (Document titled “Identification Bureau Crime Scene Search Section, Police Department, Dallas, Texas,” box 9, folder 2, item 3, DMA; Myers, 'With Malice', p.301).

Certainly, the mere absence of any statement or documentary evidence that an item of personal property (the wallet) was added to Tippit’s personal effects would not be strong evidence that such an event never took place.

But if, indeed, it was Tippit’s wallet, why didn’t civilian witnesses like Jack Tatum, Ted Callaway, and the two ambulance attendants, Eddie Kinsley and J. C. Butler, see the wallet lying next to Tippit’s body? Nor did Joe Poe and Leonard Jez, two of the first officers to arrive at the scene. (Myers, 'With Malice', p.300)

One thing we can be reasonably certain about: the wallet was not Oswald’s."
-- Vincent Bugliosi; Page 454 of "Reclaiming History" (Endnotes)

[More HERE.]

[End 2010 Quotes.]

So, Jim, the idea that the wallet seen in the WFAA-TV footage was J.D. Tippit's wallet is still in the mix.

Edited by David Von Pein

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

Here's a replay of part of a discussion from August 2010 concerning the topic of J.D. Tippit's wallet:

DVP SAID:

Jim [DiEugenio], in what document can I find the info about Tippit's wallet being taken off of his corpse at Methodist Hospital?

[Later....]

Never mind, Jim. I found it myself, via the files of the Dallas Municipal Archives (Box 9; Folder 2; Item 3), linked HERE.

And (just as I suspected) the document showing Tippit's personal property most definitely does NOT prove that Tippit's wallet was taken off of his body at Methodist Hospital (or at Parkland, where he was taken for his autopsy).

How can I know?

Because Tippit's service revolver is ALSO listed on this inventory of Tippit's personal property ("1 SW Rev Ser # 138278"). And we know that Tippit's revolver was LEFT AT THE MURDER SCENE after Tippit was shot, being picked up by witness Ted Callaway.

Therefore, the "Black Billfold" listed in that document didn't necessarily have to be taken off of Tippit's body at Methodist or Parkland.

JIM DiEUGENIO SAID:

Please show me the testimony, evidence or affidavit about the name plate, pens etc being stripped off Tippit at the scene. Yeah sure. Happens all the time, right?

DVP SAID:

When did I ever suggest such a foolish and stupid thing, Jim?

Answer: Never.

But you have no proof that a DPD officer didn't take Tippit's wallet from 10th Street to either Methodist or Parkland between the time Tippit was shot and the time Captain Doughty signed-off on the document which catalogues all of Tippit's personal belongings at 3:25 PM.

Allow me to quote Jim DiEugenio's favorite author of all-time, Vincent T. Bugliosi:

"But whose wallet was it? Dallas WFAA-TV cameraman Ron Reiland, narrating the silent footage for his viewers, said it was Tippit’s wallet. Apart from [Dale] Myers saying that Reiland’s reportage over the assassination weekend contained numerous factual errors, the main reason why Myers rejects the possibility that the wallet was Tippit’s is that “1 Black Billfold” was listed among Tippit’s personal effects, and Myers says, “The only item known to have been brought to the hospital [Methodist, and later Parkland] and added to Tippit’s personal effects was Tippit’s revolver, which by all accounts was left behind at the murder scene” (Myers, 'With Malice', pp.299–300).

But we know that several officers went to Methodist Hospital, where Tippit’s body was brought into the emergency ward, and they could have brought Tippit’s wallet from the murder scene to either there or Parkland. There certainly was plenty of time to do so before Tippit’s personal property was inventoried, at 3:25 p.m. (Document titled “Identification Bureau Crime Scene Search Section, Police Department, Dallas, Texas,” box 9, folder 2, item 3, DMA; Myers, 'With Malice', p.301).

Certainly, the mere absence of any statement or documentary evidence that an item of personal property (the wallet) was added to Tippit’s personal effects would not be strong evidence that such an event never took place.

But if, indeed, it was Tippit’s wallet, why didn’t civilian witnesses like Jack Tatum, Ted Callaway, and the two ambulance attendants, Eddie Kinsley and J. C. Butler, see the wallet lying next to Tippit’s body? Nor did Joe Poe and Leonard Jez, two of the first officers to arrive at the scene. (Myers, 'With Malice', p.300)

One thing we can be reasonably certain about: the wallet was not Oswald’s."
-- Vincent Bugliosi; Page 454 of "Reclaiming History" (Endnotes)

[More HERE.]

[End 2010 Quotes.]

So, Jim, the idea that the wallet seen in the WFAA-TV footage was J.D. Tippit's wallet is still in the mix.

Good work, "Davy."

I learned a long time ago that it's best "not to confuse James with the facts," because all you do is expend a lot of energy proving or disproving something to him (which he rarely if ever acknowledges, btw), and then he disappears for awhile, be it a month, a year, or five years, only to come back to the Forum eventually and reassert the same wrong "fact," all over again.

I mean, I mean, I mean, to my way of thinking, it's almost as though Vladimir Putin trained him to do that!

--  T.G.

Edited by Thomas Graves

44 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

I learned a long time ago that it's best "not to confuse James [DiEugenio] with the facts," because all you do is expend a lot of energy proving or disproving something to him (which he rarely if ever acknowledges, btw), and then he disappears for awhile, be it a month, a year, or five years, only to come back to the Forum eventually and reassert the same wrong "fact," all over again.

Jim would say, however, that I am the one who does that very thing you mentioned. (I would disagree, of course.) :)

18 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

I learned a long time ago that it's best "not to confuse James [DiEugenio] with the facts," because all you do is expend a lot of energy proving or disproving something to him (which he rarely if ever acknowledges, btw), and then he disappears for awhile, be it a month, a year, or five years, only to come back to the Forum eventually and reassert the same wrong "fact," all over again. --  T.G.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Jim would say, however, that I am the one who does that very thing you mentioned. (I would disagree, of course.) :)

Yes,

He's pretty good at "turning the tables" like that, too, when he gets in a tight spot.

--  T.G.

Edited by Thomas Graves

When you are getting a whipping at one thread go to another and cheerlead the enemy of mine enemy even if his view of the JFK case is completely different than yours. This is as bad as TG jumping on when Speer disagreed with me on The Post and saying, like a barking dog: Hey good one! When, in fact, he knew zero about the Pentagon Papers case. Par for the course.

Davey, you saying that the wallet could still be TIppit's is like you saying that "Well CE 399 is still in the mix."  And if one is willing to say the latter in the face of Bardwell Odum begin exposed by Aguilar, Thompson's talk with Wright, Hunt's work on Frazier and his getting the stretcher bullet before Todd gave it to him, and his exposure of Hoover's lies about Todd's initials being on it, then how can anyone trust you and your handling of evidence and your interpretation of such? 

As I haves aid so many times, like Zeb Judah, you do not know when you are KO'd.

Which is fine. That is what makes you Davey.

Edited by James DiEugenio

~~Yawn~~ and ~~Stretch~~

Same old bluster from Mr. DiEugenio. He thinks CE399 is a fake, etc. (Gosh, what a surprise.)

It doesn't matter a whit, of course, to Mr. DiEugenio that every official committee/commission that has examined the case has stated that that precise bullet --- Commission Exhibit Number Three-Niner-Niner --- is the exact bullet that wounded both JFK & Connally.

Per Jimmy, every single investigator, lawyer, Senator, Congressman, and Chief Justice of the United States who came to the conclusion that CE399 hit President Kennedy and Governor Connally must have ALL been either totally nuts, complete dimwits, or liars.

And Jim actually thinks Bardwell Odum's 38-year-old memory trumps the 1964 FBI report we find in CE2011.

Which is fine. That is what makes you Jimmy.

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2018/05/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-125.html

Edited by David Von Pein

You are really funny sometimes.  This is why I once said you should try stand up.

What investigation?

The only time there was ever a real investigation of the JFK case in Washington was with 1.) The Church Committee and 2.) The HSCA under Sprague.

The first had little or no respect for the WC, and in fact Schweiker called it a house of cards that had collapsed. 

Sprague had even less respect for it.  And he was going to redo the whole joke from start to finish.  From Mexico City to the Single Bullet Fantasy.  

And they jettisoned him for even talking like that.

BTW Davey isn't it about three o'clock in the morning back there?  You must be really enjoying your retirement.   I should have bought one of those franchises.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Well, that is not really what I meant about DVP and his franchise.

13 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Tippit's wallet was recovered from the hospital and it was taken to the DPD along with his other effects. That is in my essay. If you do not want to note it or look at it, fine.  Its part of your denial syndrome.

As we have shown, the Oswald wallet at the TIppit scene was selectively used, probably by Wesbtrook, to put together other elements like the Hidell alias. It would have ben stupid of them to admit that at the time.  Because it would have led to the obvious question: Who carries three wallets?

Perhaps Tippit also operated his daily life out of 3 separate wallets. Seems legit.

😂😂😂

Edited by Greg Wagner

The question is, who left Dallas with thicker wallets than when they arrived.