The Education Forum

The single most important sentence in American History

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHNWKrG0JQk

At the 22 minute mark,  Mark Lane speaks words as relevant now (#MeToo) as 5 years ago when he spoke them, 3 years before his death. I'm still shaking my head every few days wondering when an accusation involving one's intimate or employment relations, provided the necessary and sufficient reasons for a judgement to be rendered.  Lane's book was called Rush to Judgement for a reason.

Sounds basic: innocent until proven guilt...repeated ad nauseam throughout the culture. For instance, someone in such a system shouldn't be judged as "probably" guilty. This means that a standard for justice is established. Mark Lane had a standard as a man, a lawyer and a politico; he never wavered from his standard. We should have such people in our lives in any capacity.

The writing and teaching of history is another field that needs standards. At about the same time Lane is giving this talk, best selling biographer and media pundit Robert Dallek, is pontificating about how Oswald wasn't tracked and should have been and that this killer just slipped in out of nowhere. Dallek's bio ignores JFK's killing; one minute he's President, boom, end of story.Richard Reeves, the same. Even the early JFK bio's - by his friends and others - were not fully contextual. It took Peter Dale Scott, James Douglas and David Talbot to frame the historical standard as his death should be framed--not killed by a loner, but by forces aligned against him.

Those not born to have seen JFK, should listen VERY carefully to Mr. Lane, who by the grace of G-d, was able to tell others 50 years after the event, that what he sensed has been partially exposed. He stayed true to the messages in his heart, and he actually did something. This courageous man - who didn't owe his career  to JFK like  dozens of others did, actually ran for office, was a party leader and lawyer and stayed focused on the death of JFK. He was in the political game early--the reform movement in the Dem Party in NY that  eventually produced Ed Koch. Another pol from that time, Sheldon Silver ( he represented the Manhattan area where I lived 4 decades ago!) - was recently convicted on Federal corruption charges at his re-trial in New York.

note: at 38:00 Lane makes a mistake about RFK "being on a plane" when he heard of JFKs death
            at 47: Jim DiEugenio relays the Dulles and Truman meeting  and the role of  Ray Marcus( at 80 yrs old!) getting the info.
            at 52: I didn't know that 11 SecretService agents left from the WH detail a short time before Dallas.

Joan Mellen as well as Joseph McBride, is an academic who has produced distinguished work in their field of study, and who also have produced  important and lasting books on JFK that should have been covered by people who are paid to report news or paid to be historians, rather than those who were paid to write or teach other topics for a living. 

note:         a personal favorite of Joan Mellen's talk was during her expression of gratitude to Jim Garrison (at 1.07): If it weren't for Garrison, there would have been no Oliver Stone or movie JFK, and if there was no movie JFK, there would have been no JFK Assassination Records Act, nor any of the books written based on  that Act for 20        years,   nor any study connected with the ARRB.

--connection with Gladio at  1:28
              -Shaw's 1949 to 1972 CIA connections and Wendall Roach's Church Committee testimony are new to me.
               -Shaw being filed with George DeMohrenschildt was new to me.
                -Shaw died the month Nixon resigned.
Edited by Robert Harper

Mark Lane's life as contained in his fascinating book Citizen Lane

https://kennedysandking.com/reviews/mark-lane-part-ii-citizen-lane

21 minutes ago, Robert Harper said:

The writing and teaching of history is another field that needs standards. At about the same time Lane is giving this talk, best selling biographer and media pundit Robert Dallek, is pontificating about how Oswald wasn't tracked and should have been and that this killer just slipped in out of nowhere.

In his book An Unfinished Life, "American historian" (per Wikipedia) Dallek informs us that "the second bullet struck Kennedy in the back of the neck."

That's straight from an American historian.

Edited by Ron Ecker

12 minutes ago, Paz Marverde said:

Could you please detail?

You can go to about the hour point in the clip and catch her connections; I mentioned it because I thought there might be people interested in such -  the CIA Office of Security Files  at the time of Garrison; ... the politics of the agency, and Shaw's connection with the International Trade Mart in New Orleans and Italy.

Just now, Robert Harper said:

You can go to about the hour point in the clip and catch her connections; I mentioned it because I thought there might be people interested in such -  the CIA Office of Security Files  at the time of Garrison; ... the politics of the agency, and Shaw's connection with the International Trade Mart in New Orleans and Italy.

Yes, it's just my English could not be enough good to understand the audio

Robert.. I'm with you in a general sense...

in a specific sense...  this sentence sure comes close...

The "point" is that spot from where JFK was definitely shot BEFORE reaching.... and shot solely by OSWALD... which of course has nothing to do with shot ballistics... unless you need to have the shooter in a specific spot.

Our intention is not to establish the

point with complete accuracy, but merely to substantiate the

hypothesis which underlies the conclusions that Oswald was the sole

assassin.

Commenting on the delivered assassination events and survey reports of the FBI and Secret Service: Redlich writes
one of the most incriminating sentences to date:

I should add that the facts which we now have in our

possession, submitted to us in separate reports from the FBI and

Secret Service, are totally incorrect and, if left uncorrected, will

present a completely misleading picture.

7 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

An Outstanding video of historical importance.  Mr. Lane proved the Warren Omission was a farce early on and continued to throughout his life.  A true American Hero.  Never thought I'd say thanks David. 

More Mark Lane....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark+Lane+Playlist+Logo.png