The Education Forum

Interesting CIA interview with a Cuban exile.

On 9/1/2018 at 2:04 AM, Mark Wengler said:

Otto Skorzeny  was working for Mossad in 63. You don't think David Ben-Gurion. Had the balls. To take out a American President!! If proof was found that Mossad was behind the assassination. Israel would have been turned into a smoking crater.

No comment ...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/31/2018 at 5:04 PM, Mark Wengler said:

Otto Skorzeny  was working for Mossad in 63. You don't think David Ben-Gurion. Had the balls. To take out a American President!! If proof was found that Mossad was behind the assassination. Israel would have been turned into a smoking crater.

Mark - he was hired by Mossad in 1961 or 1962. It’s also true he was working for other nation’s intelligence services, like the US. 

• 4 months later...

Bumping this yet again to draw your attention to page 11-12 where the Cuban exile mentions Otto Skorzeny. He claims that the person in touch with Skorzeny in Madrid and Belgium was known to him only as ‘Gonzalez’. I was just going through CIA crypts and noticed that David Morales used the name Gonzalez, no first name.

Edited by Paul Brancato

It would be interesting if you could put enough particulars around it to do some further resiearch....say at least the year of the meeting and its subject, perhaps what group Gonzalez was purportedly representing?   Is there anything of that sort we can work with?

7 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

It would be interesting if you could put enough particulars around it to do some further resiearch....say at least the year of the meeting and its subject, perhaps what group Gonzalez was purportedly representing?   Is there anything of that sort we can work with?

Judging from the context it looks like the late 50’s when ‘Gonzalez’ was visiting Skorzeny, and arranging arms for Castro. But I don’t have more than that. I have seen an interview on YouTube with a Canadian journalist where Skorzeny was asked if he supplied arms to Castro, and his answer was something like ‘indirectly, and also later to the enemies of Castro’.

Edited by Paul Brancato

In the late 50's Morales was assigned to Venezuela until 1958 and then moved to the the CIA station in Havana under State Department cover.  He was closely involved with the Batista government, so much so that he was issued some type of Cuban law enforcement credentials (secret police) - the discovery of his name on a list of police credentials following the revolution put him under considerable scrutiny by the Castro regime and he was taken out of Cuba in July of 1959.  After arrival in the US he was assigned to the Cuba project in Washington and by May he was in Miami setting up training operations for several special exile groups.  During this period of time his crypt was Zamka.  Over his career he used a variety of aliases including Nelson Raynock, Henry Boyson, Henry Beckoff and Raul Hernandez (aka Martin Ferrer) but I find no Gonzalez....could you give us your source for that.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

In the late 50's Morales was assigned to Venezuela until 1958 and then moved to the the CIA station in Havana under State Department cover.  He was closely involved with the Batista government, so much so that he was issued some type of Cuban law enforcement credentials (secret police) - the discovery of his name on a list of police credentials following the revolution put him under considerable scrutiny by the Castro regime and he was taken out of Cuba in July of 1959.  After arrival in the US he was assigned to the Cuba project in Washington and by May he was in Miami setting up training operations for several special exile groups.  During this period of time his crypt was Zamka.  Over his career he used a variety of aliases including Nelson Raynock, Henry Boyson, Henry Beckoff and Raul Hernandez (aka Martin Ferrer) but I find no Gonzalez....could you give us your source for that.  Thanks.

Yes - accidentally came across it while looking for something else in the AARC library under Select CIA Pseudonyms, courtesy of John Newman and Bill Simpich.

Edited by Paul Brancato

I checked with Bill and it appears that the Dr. Gonzales pseudo. was used by Morales during a few months period when he was stationed in Cuba circa 1959.  He had a number of assignments but that particular name appears to have been used in his personal contacts with Manuel Artime -  including help provided to Artime to get out of Cuba.  His CIA contact with Artime also explains why Morales was the first person in the Agency that Artime contacted after being released from prison in Cuba after being captured during the Bay of Pigs landings.

• 2 months later...

I have been browsing newspapers recently, and tried searching ‘Skorzeny’. If I could figure out how to post screenshots of the 3 articles of interest I would. Perhaps someone knows how. I will summarize these here, though they may more properly belong on the Skorzeny threads.

First one from May 5 1960 in the Odessa TX Times - Otto Skorzeny wants to organize ‘Spanish volunteers’ for NATO, super national troops to come under the direct command of the commanding General of NATO. I’ve found nothing further on this story.

Second one from Austin American Dec. 19, 1953 column by Walter Winchell - Otto Skorzeny is a trusted agent of US Intelligence in Spain. 

Third from NY Daily News Nov. 1, 1961 sourced from a right wing Rome newspaper Telesera - Otto Skorzeny ‘was ready last April to lead a band of paratroopers in an attempt to kidnap Fidel Castro. Telesera claimed that the plot was called off at the last minute because President Kennedy and his advisors objected to it”. The article goes on to detail the aborted plan. In another news article which covered this story, Allen Dulles is specifically named as supporting the plan. 

On 3/21/2019 at 4:17 PM, Paul Brancato said:

I have been browsing newspapers recently, and tried searching ‘Skorzeny’. If I could figure out how to post screenshots of the 3 articles of interest I would. Perhaps someone knows how. I will summarize these here, though they may more properly belong on the Skorzeny threads.

First one from May 5 1960 in the Odessa TX Times - Otto Skorzeny wants to organize ‘Spanish volunteers’ for NATO, super national troops to come under the direct command of the commanding General of NATO. I’ve found nothing further on this story.

Second one from Austin American Dec. 19, 1953 column by Walter Winchell - Otto Skorzeny is a trusted agent of US Intelligence in Spain. 

Third from NY Daily News Nov. 1, 1961 sourced from a right wing Rome newspaper Telesera - Otto Skorzeny ‘was ready last April to lead a band of paratroopers in an attempt to kidnap Fidel Castro. Telesera claimed that the plot was called off at the last minute because President Kennedy and his advisors objected to it”. The article goes on to detail the aborted plan. In another news article which covered this story, Allen Dulles is specifically named as supporting the plan. 

Since no one commented on this I am giving it another go.

the first article I mention from 1960 is interesting because a year later the General in charge of NATO was Lyman Lemnitzer. Also, on other corroborating coverage the troops are properly identified as ‘Supra national’, and the French Foreign Legion (!) mentioned as a source for troops.

On 3/21/2019 at 4:17 PM, Paul Brancato said:

Paul, Regarding tips on posting screen shots....

Posting actual photos or screenshots here is not really a good solution because you quickly run out of allowable space for that. I will be glad to help you though. 

The first thing, however is to edit your screenshot so you a posting just what you want to share, instead of everything captured in your screenshot. I am assuming that you are using an iPad. Open your screenshot, and at the upper right, next to the recycle bin, you should see an edit button. Click on that and you will see tools which will let you edit your pic. You can also pinch and expand your pic and take another screen shot of that expanded view to zoom in on what you want to share. Once you have it sized the way you want, you can the  click on “click to choose files” in the EF widow where you are creating your post. Click on photo library, then select your screenshot.