The Education Forum

Video from Bethesda

2 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

Are you or anyone able to tell if the Bethesda footage was filmed with a TV camera or a  home movie camera like Zapruder's? I wouldn't know the difference.

I remember Gary Mack saying that TV cameras in those days were too bulky to have been taken to Bethesda, hence no TV coverage. Sounded lame to me, since TV cameras were sure taken to a lot of other places back in those primitive days.

I wouldn't either, being far from an expert.

Hopefully someone can assist in determining such a thing. Or simply , - at one point, - assist in determining the source. What film(s) it is. I.e. if it is one,or several of those listed in the credits.

Too bulky ? I don't understand the logic of that. Wish he was still around.

Films by the following people are listed in the credits of the Patrick Jeudy video compilation which includes footage from Bethesda. Can anyone identify any of them?

George Jefferies
William Ward Warren
George Reid
Jackie Tindel
Jack Jernigan
Keith Griffith
Pat Sanders
Anita Hansen
Frank Marotta
Fredna Stewart

Maybe one or more of them might know what was or was not filmed at Bethesda and by whom.

EDIT:  I Google searched these names. Found no info on Griffith, Hansen, Marotta, and Stewart. The others filmed at Love Field (3) and DP (3).

Edited by Ron Ecker

On 6/10/2018 at 7:40 PM, Ron Ecker said:

Films by the following people are listed in the credits of the Patrick Jeudy video compilation which includes footage from Bethesda. Can anyone identify any of them?

George Jefferies
William Ward Warren
George Reid
Jackie Tindel
Jack Jernigan
Keith Griffith
Pat Sanders
Anita Hansen
Frank Marotta
Fredna Stewart

Maybe one or more of them might know what was or was not filmed at Bethesda and by whom.

EDIT:  I Google searched these names. Found no info on Griffith, Hansen, Marotta, and Stewart. The others filmed at Love Field (3) and DP (3).

ABCNEWS is also credited.

As well as Dallas Cinema Associates, John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, Noir et blanc en couieur, and NARA.

---------------------------

I wrote the Sixth Floor Museum, - asking for assistance in determining this, - and also asked about the 4 films you mentioned.

The bottom picture in this link, depicts in the background, a photograph from the Anita Hansen Collection : https://www.jfk.org/betty-barton-kilgore-rangerette-1960-campaign/  . Whatever that is.

----------------------

"The Lost JFK Tapes : The Assassination" , credits as stock footage, - the Keith Griffith Film,and the Frank Marotta Film. But I can not now as I am writing, - recall seeing that Bethesda - footage, in that one.

-----------------------

A Fredna Stewart - search seems to give few hits of relevance at first glance.

The Sixth Floor Museum has confirmed that the Keith Griffith film, the Frank Marotta film, the Fredna Stewart film, and the Anita Hansen film were (among others) licensed by Jeudy in 2013, for his documentary.

These four films mentioned, are all home movies of the motorcade in Dallas, from earlier along the route, than Dealey Plaza. 

The footage from Bethesda does not come from the Museum's collection, and is unfamiliar to them. Not being able to assist in determining the source of any of it.

Only the end - part of the clip with the Honor Guard, - after Bethesda, --- which is taken from "Years of Lightning, Day of Drums".

4 hours ago, Trygve V. Jensen said:

The Sixth Floor Museum has confirmed that the Keith Griffith film, the Frank Marotta film, the Fredna Stewart film, and the Anita Hansen film were (among others) licensed by Jeudy in 2013, for his documentary.

These four films mentioned, are all home movies of the motorcade in Dallas, from earlier along the route, than Dealey Plaza. 

The footage from Bethesda does not come from the Museum's collection, and is unfamiliar to them. Not being able to assist in determining the source of any of it.

Only the end - part of the clip with the Honor Guard, - after Bethesda, --- which is taken from "Years of Lightning, Day of Drums".

Thanks for the info. So it appears that the footage from Bethesda not in the museum's collection consists (except for the departure from Bethesda at the end) of shots of a building at night with lit windows, headlights of an unidentified motorcade approaching, and some military personnel moving around inside the building. 

Again it makes no sense to show what purports to be the building, but show nothing of the ambulance's arrival in front with the casket, Mrs. Kennedy and her party. I have to conclude that no such footage ever existed (i.e., there was no live TV coverage despite my memory of it) or it was destroyed to avoid questions. All that talk of concern for security, going so far as to use a decoy ambulance, yet the casket gets left in front of the hospital for 12 minutes with a crowd present. Yeah, there was a real big concern for security. And I would have to wonder what reason the government would have given whichever network(s) had the footage to destroy it (e.g., "The casket was left out there for 12 minutes because there was a pre-autopsy going on").

If footage was destroyed, even the memory of seeing it has apparently been erased from all minds except mine. If that is true, it's perversely comforting to know that I will at least have something to take with me to my grave.