The Education Forum

105-82555 -5712 and 105 82555-5713

Guest Bart Kamp

I would like to know if anyone here can help me with a request by a highly respected researcher who doesn't frequent forums. Hence me posting.

Two FBI numbers,105-82555 -5712 and 105 82555-5713.

Over the years I periodically checked the file box at NARA to see if those two redacted documents had been released or were less redacted,there was no change in their status....then last year when I went to that file box at NARA the documents were not there for whatever reason.As you can see from the minimal words released these docs are to do with Oswald's identity...

Doubly interesting is the fact that Ray Wannell's name is on the documents, he was liaison between the FBI and NSA...Wannell's Church Committee testimony is still locked up or was,maybe that's out now?

scan-070618-1.jpg

scan-070618-2.jpg

scan-070618-3.jpg

scan-070618-4.jpg

scan-070618-5.jpg

scan-070618-6.jpg

scan-070618-7.jpg

scan-070618-8.jpg

If anyone of you knows more about this or have a better version or anything else then please do let me know, thanks a lot.

B

2 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

I would like to know if anyone here can help me with a request by a highly respected researcher who doesn't frequent forums. Hence me posting.

Bart,

The only thing I can say is that these two numbers appear to be missing in the FBI Headquarters file in the Mary Ferrell Foundation site.

Look in  FBI 105-82555 Oswald HQ File, Section 237 between pages 155 and 156 here:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=60412#relPageId=155&tab=page

The numbers jump from 5711 to 5714.

Unless they are filed somewhere else.

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, David Butler said:

Part of 105-82555-5713 was released in the 2017 batches but only one page of the five that should be there based on the redacted documents you post above 

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32171262.pdf

What a teaser.

9 hours ago, David Butler said:

Part of 105-82555-5713 was released in the 2017 batches but only one page of the five that should be there based on the redacted documents you post above 

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32171262.pdf

Note from my friend:

The one page tells me a lot.....nothing earth shattering on Oswald's identity I think, the Eddowes "two Oswalds" theory is the story here and the redactions are possibly to do with British intelligence service and their knowledge of Oswald and their relationship with the FBI as well as the Eddowes story, I suppose there might be a chance that in amongst all these redactions M I 5 give the exact details on how Oswald got to Helsinki,the flight time.......that would be interesting seeing as Ray Rocca said in his HSCA  Security Classified Testimony..."that was never really resolved".

and with regards to Wannell's testimony.

I have Wannells "after action" internal FBI report which does not seem to jibe with his testimony although to be fair he was a master of opaqueness and he went off the record sometimes so maybe that might explain the differences.......a classic example of how to not ask the right questions

Thanks for everything so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 3:39 AM, Bart Kamp said:

Over the years I periodically checked the file box at NARA to see if those two redacted documents had been released or were less redacted,there was no change in their status....then last year when I went to that file box at NARA the documents were not there for whatever reason.As you can see from the minimal words released these docs are to do with Oswald's identity...

Doubly interesting is the fact that Ray Wannell's name is on the documents, he was liaison between the FBI and NSA...Wannell's Church Committee testimony is still locked up or was,maybe that's out now?

If anyone of you knows more about this or have a better version or anything else then please do let me know, thanks a lot.

B

Hi Bart,

I made an iquiry and I received a response, quoted below. The response directs the reaseacher to download a PDF file and make a search. I am using an iPad and have never used "Numbers" before, so I struggled for a bit without any luck. Perhaps the response below might help you.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Clark:

This is response to your request for information form the JFK Assassination Records Collection. Specifically you are interested in Serials 5712 and 5713 from Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) HQ Case File 105-82555.

Serial 5712 (RIF Number 124-10173-10082) is open in full and available for public review. Serial 5713 (RIF 124-10173-10081) had redactions on the first page. That page was released as part of the 2017 release.  You can find the recently released page online by going to our web page about JFK Records Release and opening the Excel document linked to there. You will want to run a Find search using 124-10173-10081 as your search term. You should get one hit. It is a PDF copy of the first page. It has not yet been interfiled with the rest of the records.

Thanks Michael but I cannot find it in that spreadsheet, not one doc with those two RIFs, having a blond moment no doubt.

Edited by Bart Kamp

In the paragraph I posted there is a “records release “ link. That link wired for me. Then there is an intro paragraph that has a link to an excel file. That also worked for me. I will try to share that link in a minute. 

Here is that link

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/jfk4819b57d9c3f3ef854e15e88385508c8.xlsx

That link is found on the page to which you navigate when you click the “records tease “ link mentioned above.  

Here is a copy-paste of the paragraph that has the spreadsheet link.

Accessing the Release Files

The table below displays metadata about all the released documents. You can also download the spreadsheet as an Excel file (4.7MB).”

Edited by Michael Clark