The Education Forum

Oswalds' Revolver

Done some searching but am in the middle of another book project. I understand why they could not get any rifling results as the gun was originally made in .38 S&W and then the cylinders were bored out to hold .38 Special rounds to make them more marketable. The .38 S&W had a slightly larger bore than the .38 Special so the bullets kind of just skittered down the bore. The cases, however, would bare firing pin marks that would have been distinctive and I'm sure if they did they would have shouted it from the roof tops.

Sor my question. Is there any evidence they attempted to match the firing pin indentations?

Edited by Evan Marshall

http://www.whokilledjfk.net/tippit.htm

About halfway down the page - conclusion... $4 was struck by a different pin that 1,2, or 3...

https://statick2k-5f2f.kxcdn.com/images/pdf/JosephsPistol.pdf  I discuss and show how the pistol and hulls in evidence were not the ones brought in my Bentley or Hill...

tippit10.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

The Evidence IS the Conspiracy....

for if the evidence was representative of the crime, an honest government could show a fairly coordinated plan was in place.

Arrested>Transported>searched>interviewed>searched again and NOW we find 5 shells which give me the impression they were stored in a police belt...  but I'm only guessing

:P

1081716089_5bulletsfromOswaldcompartedtobulletsinammobelt.jpg.16315a4c4d3b733b5468031eedb5f659.jpg

One point the barrel was not rechambered though I believe they were cut back from 4"

The other salient point I believe is that once again the item ordered

a ".38 St. W. 2" Bbl    29.95"   is not the same as the item shipped

a "S & W .38 Special 2" Commando     39.95"  is listed 4 lines up on the Seaport coupon and is what's printed on the Seaport Traders receipt (Michaelis 2)

page 5 of my essay

Edited by David Josephs

IIRC, Colt made a 4" .38 Special called the Commando, so think this was a name attached by the seller.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:25 AM, Bart Kamp said:

I would like to see a photo of the grip but on the inside and see the so called initials.

As far as I can find, there are no images of the actual initials themselves...  just that this pistol would have been covered in them...

985642713_Whereeveryonesaystheymarkedthepistol.jpg.f322ec0634a2940453503979a61f1314.jpg

The gun that was tossed on Oswald...... I hope to go to NARA and a few other places later this year or next and want to see the inside of that grip.

When I worked CSI as a police officer, we were instructed to put our initials on the gun not on something that could be removed easily. This was in the early 70's.