The Education Forum

Kent Biffle and the Oswald phone calls

Guest Bart Kamp

It means America had a spy at the Metropole.

Remark from Malcolm Blunt.

The monitoring of Oswald's international phone calls in Russia, this one refers to Kent Riffle's attempt to speak with Oswald when the news first broke on the defection.....this a less redacted version than some others, it looks to me like NSA piggy backing a U.S. phone carrier....I can see the letter B left in, which could refer to NSA Production Group B which is the part of NSA which monitored stuff related to Soviet or SovSat....either way it could mean there are files relating to common interest in Oswald which we have not seen........

So this was not humint?  NSA snatched it out of the air?

What indication on the document in its routing would show that?  

Malcolm stated to me in an email : "The Biffle doc which has a redaction then "B" with a number may refer to NSA Production group B...which as I said monitored Sov/Sat communications.

Edited by Bart Kamp

13 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

A "Prosuction Group B" document concerned with Cuban transmission to the US.

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/docid-32169682.pdf

Malcolm says: "note Cuba goes on alert AFTER the JFK assassination not prior.......NSA had Cuban commo completely covered,military, government and civilian, Castro couldn't fart without NSA knowing, Lowman(NSA) told the SSCI exactly that,Cuba had no foreknowledge....Lowman is mentioned briefly in this document"