The Education Forum

1026 N. Beckley

Fritz told the WC that "an officer" whose name he couldn't remember stopped him out in the hall before he went in to interview Oswald for the first time, and told him that Oswald lived on Beckley.
What if he made that up?

Sheriff Decker's file on the assassination, given to the Warren Commission lists the assailant's name as "Harvey Lee Oswald"

(12H51) (CE 5323) Deposition of Sheriff Decker dark brown heavy folder with a label on the outside: Harvey Lee Oswald.

When the police got to Beckley, they were asking for Harvey Lee Oswald.

see the WC testimony of Earlene Roberts April 8, 1964

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/robertse.htm

Did Fritz make up the story about an officer telling him out in the hall before he went in to interview Oswald the first time that Oswald lived on Beckley? Did he get the name Harvey Lee Oswald and that he lived on Beckley from Decker when he stopped in to see Decker on his way back from the TSBD? The other officers who were with Fritz when he went to see Decker (Sims and Boyd, I think) told the WC that they waited out in the hall and Fritz went in to talk to Decker alone. Did Decker get that information from somebody connected to military intelligence and pass it on to Fritz?

Steve Thomas

I wanted to see what was on the TSBD application to confirm BECKLEY's address was not written anywhere and they knew him as O.H. LEE.
Who would have been made aware of that address?  FBI? ONI?  CIA?  AISC?

I came across this in my search and for the life of me cannot understand what a "copy" of CE496 would be doing with what is trying to pass for a real OSWALD signature...

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth190981/m1/1/sizes/m/ from Pat Speer (thx!) shows that VJ BRIAN of the Intel section created this "copy"  - is no one else interested in how well "Brian" copied the Oswald signature?  And how that version of the signature appears in a number of places...  like Mexico

The signature on the TSBD COPY is awfully close to the one on the Stamped Cuban Visa application below....  what possible use could there be for a HANDWRITTEN COPY of an Oswald original document?

1518993160_similarsignatures-BRIANandOSWALD.jpg.4b40df36311b177b9318d412ef578db4.jpg

And in HELSINKI

1674225339_oswaldhotelcardsfromhelsinkihavediffsignatureslikeCubanvisaAPP.jpg.55a135848cd42c0041ef7b0167a9ce8c.jpg

or the Museum he never visited...  the man Ruby killed... his signature is all loopy and very upright...

1686045029_Oswaldsignatures.thumb.jpg.827f60405ff1ed4d09614131b743ae15.jpg 

David Von Pein

April 5, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Yeah, that copy is a complete forgery. Where did that version come from, Jeff? It’s certainly not the original TSBD application in LHO’s handwriting (which is CE496). Here’s what the real one filled out by Oswald looks like….

426477425_CE496versusaDVPclaimedfake-bothwithOswaldsignaturessidebyside.thumb.jpg.2227f9b84c827b31336c45812e85b32b.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

11 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

I wanted to see what was on the TSBD application to confirm BECKLEY's address was not written anywhere and they knew him as H.O. LEE.
Who would have been made aware of that address?  FBI? ONI?  CIA?  AISC?

I came across this in my search and for the life of me cannot understand what a "copy" of CE496 would be doing with what is trying to pass for a real OSWALD signature...

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth190981/m1/1/sizes/m/ from Pat Speer (thx!) shows that VJ BRIAN of the Intel section created this "copy"  - is no one else interested in how well "Brian" copied the Oswald signature?  And how that version of the signature appears in a number of places...  like Mexico

The signature on the TSBD COPY is awfully close to the one on the Stamped Cuban Visa application below....  what possible use could there be for a HANDWRITTEN COPY of an Oswald original document?

David,

I once wrote a piece on when the police first learned of the 1026 N. Beckley address. You can find a copy here: Scroll down about 1/5 down the page.

https://myjfksite.weebly.com/

My conclusion was that the information came from military intelligence of some sort or another.

Thanks for the V.J. Brian copy. That's the first I've ever heard of it. I told Bart Kamp the other day that I thought a whole lot of photographic hanky panky took place Friday night in the Dallas Police Department.

I once took a look at the Oswald signatures and was struck by the transition from the "O" to the "S" in Oswald.

On the one hand, the "O" starts in the northeast corner, moves to the northwest, down to the southwest, over to the southeast, back north to the starting point, makes a circle, and then transitions to form the top part of the letter "s". The writer never takes his hand off the paper.

On the other, the signer picks the pen up off the paper and starts the letter "s" in the southwest corner and moves north.

This is a deliberate and conscious effort. You actually have to pick the pen up off the paper to do it.

I once saw a signature of Oswald from when he was sixteen or so. He signed his name in the same manner as my first example. (I'm sorry, I don't remember where I saw that).

Steve Thomas

I reread the thread here where you investigate the origins of Beckley...  and agree... I too think we're looking at ACIS and the CRICHTON group related to Whitmeyer and Brandsetter...  So I am with you and looking for corroboration...

I used this for comparison...  Has all the hallmarks of his actual signature...  with the "S" connected to the "O"

1195600863_Oswaldsignature27478145.jpg.c7e5eb63f78999b998a51ed74ba36864.jpg

This also seems to make it look like OSWALT (J)... which was used in the Mexico City fabrications

502583138_63-09-27CE2482FlechaRojasbusbaggagemanifest-Oswalt-Bowen-Bowen-McFarland-McFarland.jpg.989e8b2575f090222aef2998c3d81321.jpg

I've read TOSH say that various men and meetings were involved with the mother in law unit at the back... (per Zillow listing)

And yes please Mr. M - do tell....  was this a smaller version of the Harlendale group?

1327882439_1026NBeckleyhasanapartmentinback.thumb.jpg.217376c2c5614916061865d8bf67b2fe.jpg

11 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

I've read TOSH say that various men and meetings were involved with the mother in law unit at the back... (per Zillow listing)

And yes please Mr. M - do tell....  was this a smaller version of the Harlendale group?

Tosh Plumlee posted in the Education Forum on 11/29/2004

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/2331-how-did-the-police-first-learn-of-1026-n-beckley/

"Thank You for your respond. I t must be kept in mind that I first took Senate investigators to this place in 1978 and Jim Marrs and others from Oliver Stone's research team there in 1991. In 2002 I took Nigel Turner to this house behind Beckley and he took pictures.

Most all these people told me I was wrong about the house. They said that only a park was behind the Beckley address. I told them you missed the alley entrance to the place and took them there. After I had done this then everybody said they knew about this house behind Beckley and they were just testing me.

Do you know about the other place? This was a small place LHO and Marina rented down the street? It too, was a hard place to get into. Are you familiar with the doorway and how to get to this small apartment. And do you know the real address?. That too is an interesting story."

Steve Thomas

48 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Do you know about the other place? This was a small place LHO and Marina rented down the street? It too, was a hard place to get into. Are you familiar with the doorway and how to get to this small apartment. And do you know the real address?. That too is an interesting story."

http://dallascityhall.com/departments/sustainabledevelopment/historicpreservation/HP Documents/Resources Page/Johnson Rooming House National Register Report.pdf

"Behind the main dwelling is a 2-story garage apartment building with eight rooms. Combined, the house, the basement and the garage apartment building at one time provided the Johnson family with 18 rooms to rent"

"with access to a two-lane street at the front and an alley at the rear."

"Garage Apartment Building
The 2- story garage apartment building, identified at the same address as the main house in the county’s appraisal district records as “Garage Apartment,” is clad in lapped wood siding, with a hipped composition shingle roof with exposed rafters, wood windows and doors, and a metal staircase leading to the second floor entrance landing. This building was constructed in 1953 as a “garage, wash rm. and servant’s quarters,” according to the city’s construction permit. However, the permit contains remarks from the building inspector that state: “one room only of accessory bldg. to be occupied by bona fide servants employed on premises.” The garage portion of the building is on the south end and includes a one-car garage door and the wash room is on the north; both are one story. A single central door provides access to each level of the apartment building; the landing of the second floor serving as a cover for the first floor entrance. On each floor are four small rooms, two on each side of a narrow hallway and United States Department of the Interior National Park Service / National Register of Historic Places REGISTRATION FORM NPS Form 10-900 OMB No. 1024-0018

Johnson Rooming House, Dallas, Dallas, Texas Section 7 - Page 8 a bathroom with shower at the end of the hall for a total of eight additional rooms. The building is set back a few feet from the alley and occupies almost the entire width of the property. The rear yard is formed by the rear addition and the Garage Apartment Building and runs the full width of the lot. A clothesline remains on the north side of the yard. A very large and healthy pecan tree has grown horizontally into the yard due to the close location of another pecan tree to its west. The trees together provide a broad canopy and shade to the entire rear yard and most of the building roofs."

Ms. Hall’s recollection from her grandmother’s ownership period is that the garage apartment building and the rear addition both existed when Mrs. Johnson purchased the property and that the apartment building was actually a place that the doctor used to house patients that needed overnight attention. The basement was the doctor’s office and treatment rooms. City directories indicate that the doctor only resided at this address for two or three years and the 1953 permit dispels the garage apartment building portion of this story.

I don't know the identities of those men. I'm not sure offhand if that has been investigated. I was hoping from

the title of this thread that it would deal with that question!

Edited by Joseph McBride

2 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

I don't know the identities of those men. I'm not sure offhand if that has been investigated. I was hoping from

the title of this thread that it would deal with that question!

Ahh of course. Same here.

Edited by B. A. Copeland

Sorry that we cannot ascertain who stayed at an apartment behind Beckley for which t I was at least able to find a bit of history and context...

How would you begin to find the names of these men Joseph... I'm truly all ears on this one for all I've found so far is Dept of Interior facts and commentary

1443285569_lAYOUTOF1026nbECKLEYWITHGARAGEAPARTMENT.jpg.ac950a7b6eee164d917eb9e51d54bd8d.jpg

But I'd like to make this observation...

The reports of POTTS and SENKEL state that Lt. CUNNINGHAM also joined them when they left HQ...  yet the CUNNINGHAM report of the arrest and subsequent activities does not include that tidbit...  in fact we learn that he, TONEY and TAYLOR interviewed the theater patrons - (yet those are lost to history - right?)

QUESTION - HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN MENTION OF THE APARTMENT BEHIND BECKLEY USED BY OSWALD OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER?

0654-001.gif

0654-002.gif