The Education Forum

LBJ Did It To Stay Out Of Jail?

I recently came across this audio tape on You Tube of LBJ ( as President and before the 1964 election ) having a conference call with his inner circle boys about how to deal with deciding to issue any statements regarding LBJ's legal problems with Bobby Baker and Don Reynolds involving shady payments to LBJ's media company and I assume other related illegality shenanigans.

I found this conference call taping incredibly revealing and more confirming of not just the dark corrupt side of LBJ himself but of the real backroom type extent his fixer boys were helping LBJ keep quiet or even cover up these probable crimes in cahoots with Baker and others. Walter Jenkins, Bill Moyers, Abe Fortas, George Reedy etc.

This shady and worried concerned conference call reminded me of Nixon's similar desperate Watergate cover up meet ups with Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Colson, etc.

In this audio there are some incredible comments. One is of LBJ ( starting at the 9 minute mark) stating that if he takes the advise of "not" making any public statements he'll be in "a hell of a shape" but if I do follow your advice "I'm going to jail." !

So many other interesting comments also such as the suggested use of nationally known ( friendly? ) journalists Drew Pearson, Bill White and Rowland Evans to write favorable pieces to help LBJ's cause. After this subject was discussed someone in the group ( Fortas? Jenkins? ) warned that if they used these journalists they would have to include "a hooker" in the end which I interpreted as providing these journalists with a hooker as a "thank you?"

The entire call, especially LBJ's conversation, is carried on with the most halting and hushed toned concern. 

The audio just confirms again in my mind that the LBJ / Bobby Baker problem and LBJ's concern about it was as serious as some suggest it was and maybe even a possible motive in any involvement LBJ may have had in the "Big Event" as E. Howard Hunt stated in his close to death confessional.

And that the propositions of LBJ's corruption being so much more extensive than we can allow ourselves to face is much more the reality versus anything downplaying of this view.

This revealing shady hush toned backroom fixer call between LBJ and his inner circle of protective loyalist cronies makes it much easier to imagine LBJ having similar conspiratorial ones his whole career.  From fixed elections, to Malcolm Wallace's fixed conviction to who knows what other nefarious doings.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCPYBEIoBSFXyq4

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=CLDastoF&rs=AOn4CLC8wLRWLK7IX35W1fUU2OSaH6l4wQ

A pair of tapes where President Johnson talks about the Bobby Baker & Billie Sol Estes controversies. On the first tape, Walter ...
Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, thank you for posting this incredible tape and for your incisive and perceptive commentary that precedes it.

I am posting your Forum topic on my Facebook page so that it will reach a wider audience and also be permanently enshrined in my Facebook archive. 

Doug, thank you.

I appreciate this and also your seeing what I see in listening to the audio tape.

Only 400+ people have linked to this conversation.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Let's back up a minute.  Malcom Mac Wallace has become a non starter in the subject of the JFK Assassination.  Read Faustian Bargains by Joan Mellen and tell me different.  It is Well documented.  He had no part in the assassination.

LBJ benefited from JFK's Assassination by the stalling of proceedings going on against him at the time, literally, that day.  But he or Wallace were not active participants on that day imho.

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Let's back up a minute.  Malcom Mac Wallace has become a non starter in the subject of the JFK Assassination.  Read Faustian Bargains by Joan Mellen and tell me different.  It is Well documented.  He had no part in the assassination.

LBJ benefited from JFK's Assassination by the stalling of proceedings going on against him at the time, literally, that day.  But he or Wallace were not active participants on that day imho.

In her book, “Faustian Bargains: Lyndon Johnson and Mac Wallace in the Robber Baron Culture of Texas,” Professor Joan Mellen goes to extraordinary shameful lengths to attack and darken the character of U.S. Marshal Clint Peoples, a truly great American whom  I feel privileged to have known.  Mellen’s book, nevertheless, is definitely worth reading to get an overall picture of what Texas was like when LBJ and his crooked cronies ruled the state unchallenged. Mellen focuses in her book on Malcolm (Mac) Wallace, whom Billie Sol asserted was a stone cold killer that LBJ used when necessary. In her book, Mellen writes, “Mac Wallace is a case in point, his history with Lyndon Johnson is a window into Johnson’s methods. Wallace’s story is so intriguing because, unlike other of Johnson’s acolytes, it is difficult to prove what he did for Lyndon Johnson and what Lyndon Johnson did, in turn, for him. More than any other of Johnson’s protégés and acolytes, Wallace’s connection to him remains cloaked in secrecy.

“In the major events of Mac Wallace’s life, Lyndon Johnson remains invisible. Yet one truth is irrefutable. Everything that was positive and promising in Wallace’s life came to him before he made the acquaintance of Lyndon Baines Johnson and joined Johnson’s circle.”

Doug, I just edited my post to use the "exact" words LBJ stated in his "going to jail" comment on the tape.

Even one word lazily misquoted can weaken the credibility of one's point of view of these comments, so I felt it was necessary to get it exactly right.

Sorry for the delayed change, especially since you say you posted my original post on another site.

Ron, I do not suggest that Malcolm Wallace was directly involved in the JFK assassination. I only mentioned him and his tossed out guilty of murder jury finding and conviction sentence that LBJ influenced as another incredible example of LBJ's outrageous corruption.

I absolutely do believe however, that Wallace murdered Henry Marshall. On orders from LBJ and his fellow power cronies. 

LBJ didn't have to be directly involved with the actual JFK assassination to be complicit in the crime.

All he would have to do is know of and okay it and help with the cover-up by creating a so-called truth finding commission stacked with JFK adversaries and completely dependent on the JFK/RFK hating Hoover FBI for it's investigative information.

The tape of LBJ telling Hoover they ( LBJ and Hoover ) were "like brothers" also tells you how close these two JFK/RFK adversaries were in so many ways. 

My main take and point after listening to this LBJ/fixer boys audio tape is how clearly it reveals that LBJ's "going to jail" concerns about his Bobby Baker/Don Reynolds dealings and probably Billy Sol Estes and who knows what other corrupt schemes, were as real and strong as many "LBJ knew" proponents have suggested.

And with JFK and RFK remaining in control and LBJ probably knowing that JFK and RFK might not have stopped federal investigations into LBJ's corrupt doings, it's deductively reasonable to look at LBJ's career ruination and jail time fears as being serious enough to qualify as a legitimately considered motive in his possible involvement more so than has been generally acknowledged.  IMO.

Edited by Joe Bauer

4 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

And with JFK and RFK remaining in control and LBJ probably knowing that JFK and RFK might not have stopped federal investigations into LBJ's corrupt doings, it's deductively reasonable to look at LBJ's career ruination and jail time fears as being serious enough to qualify as a legitimately considered motive in his possible involvement than has been generally acknowledged.  IMO.

Joe,

I too appreciate your posts and comments here on this forum.  

I'd say that the other right along with the potential prosecution of LBJ for his crimes was the inevitability of Hoover being retired after JFK was elected.  This gave Hoover the motive for ignoring all the threats to JFK beforehand, and manipulating the facts/testimony/evidence after the murder.  If one is complicit, they both are.

Powerful men in positions of power, when threatened with losing that power, will perform drastic measures to keep their power.  I put the CIA in that boat as well since JFK was actively working to dismantle their power base across the world in his effort to "splinter it into a thousand pieces and scatter them to the wind."

Thanks

Mac Wallace went to Disneyland in California the weekend Henry Marshall was killed.  He was at work on 11/22/63 in California, went home that evening, consoled his upset son and they had dinner together. 

http://jfkfacts.org/new-look-lbj-joan-mellen-debunks-mac-wallace-myth/

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/mellen-joan-faustian-bargains

Edited by Ron Bulman

Billie sol in his autobiography "Billie Sol Estes: A Texas Legend," wrote that he believed that the deaths of Mac Wallace, Cliff Carter (LBJ's White House aide)  and John Cofer (LBJ's and Estes' longtime attorney) were not natural. Apparently each of them knew too much about LBJ's criminal activities and LBJ's secret financial empire. Wallace died when his car suddenly veered of the road and hit an abutment, the same way that legendary U.S. Marshal Clint Peoples died. Both "accidents" occurred in Texas.

58 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Billie sol in his autobiography "Billie Sol Estes: A Texas Legend," wrote that he believed that the deaths of Mac Wallace, Cliff Carter (LBJ's White House aide)  and John Cofer (LBJ's and Estes' longtime attorney) were not natural. Apparently each of them knew too much about LBJ's criminal activities and LBJ's secret financial empire. Wallace died when his car suddenly veered of the road and hit an abutment, the same way that legendary U.S. Marshal Clint Peoples died. Both "accidents" occurred in Texas.

Not to mention Lee Bowers.

21 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

See my book INTO THE NIGHTMARE for my revealing interview with Senator Ralph Yarborough

on what LBJ was doing before, during, and after the shots. 

Thank you.  I didn't remember where I 'd read any of what I think I remember.  I'll check your book this evening when I get home.

Ron

I remembered right and wrong.  LBJ remained stoic throughout the parade, and shots, according to Yarborough.  Youngblood leaned back and LBJ forward to listen to the Secret Service walkie talkie like 2 channel radio as they headed under the triple overpass.  Yarborough is quite clear that the "cock and bull" story (his words) that Youngblood ever came over into the back seat or sat on Johnson.  Yarborough thinks LBJ was preoccupied about his future regarding the hearings going on at the moment in Washington over Bobby Baker.  I guess he could have been preoccupied if he had foreknowledge.  Mr. McBride thinks LBJ appears to be leaning forward in Altegens.  I still wonder if they might have heard the three clicks and a dash for victory going under the triple overpass. 

If as Yarborough told Jim Marrs LBJ and Youngblood both ducked at the first shot, then LBJ leaned forward with say just his ear over the top of the front seat as Youngblood turned to his left doing the same as he raised the radio...  Neither one of them would be visible in the Altegens photo, as they are not.  They would be hidden behind the motorcycle cop's shoulder.  Lady Bird and Yarborough are.  Pretty plainly.  Their white Caucasian heads stand out, you can even make out her hat.  But LBJ's, where it should be, does not.  He's not magically become some kind of dark blob.

Has anyone ever seen a blowup of the picture to pretty much just the back seat?  I guess it might get to grainy to tell much.

Edited by Ron Bulman

What a great and impartial 3 man team we were coincidentally blessed with to immediately take over after JFK was murdered and to create and control the assassination investigative effort.

LBJ, J.Edgar Hoover and Allen Welsh Dulles.

All 3 extreme JFK/RFK haters and all 3 on the career and power ending ropes if JFK remained in office.

Edited by Joe Bauer

48 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

What a great and impartial 3 man team we were coincidentally blessed with to immediately take over after JFK was murdered and to create and control the assassination investigative effort.

LBJ, J.Edgar Hoover and Allen Welsh Dulles.

All 3 extreme JFK/RFK haters and all 3 on the career and power ending ropes if JFK remains in office.

Those are such strong motives for the entire crime/coverup, much stronger and more likely than a lone nut who has a grudge against Kennedy.  When combined with the witness testimony apart from the FBI (i.e. Mark Lane's early interviews, David Lifton's interviews, etc.), altered evidence, altered testimony by the FBI in the WR, and intense MSM / government blind support of the Warren Report, their culpability (along with the ones further down the food chain) is solidified.  Much more than the WC conclusions.

Thanks