Jump to content
The Education Forum

Recommended Posts

And I don't mind saying that, at least right now.

I think its really nutty the way the MSM, parts of the GOP and almost the entire Democratic party is going crazy about this summit and Trump's refusal to denounce Putin.  

Why should he?  Indictments are only accusations.  Nothing has been proven about this case, not by a long shot.

BTW, I also agree with him on NATO.  Why do we need to foot the bill for them if there is no USSR or Eastern Bloc anymore?

Does this mean I like Trump? Heck no. He may turn out worse than W, which I did not think was possible.

But on these two issues I think he has shown instincts that compare to Kennedy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  Some people were saying today that he should have really confronted Putin.  1) How do they know what happened behind closed doors?  2)  We should jump into war?  CNN commentary aside, I think if Clinton won we would be at war already.  To think of war with Russia-Soviet states is very scary.  Can't imagine how terrible it was during JFK's presidency.  Had LBJ or Nixon won?  I don't know what would have happened.  But considering the records are still not being released, it makes one wonder what is happening in the U.S. within his own administration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

And I don't mind saying that, at least right now.

I think its really nutty the way the MSM, parts of the GOP and almost the entire Democratic party is going crazy about this summit and Trump's refusal to denounce Putin.  

There's all sorts of folks who don't like fascism.

Trump and Putin are the leaders of the Kaucasian Khristian Kaliphate.

32 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Why should he?

He had no business being there!

He needed to wait until the Mueller probe was over.

Instead, he committed treason.

32 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

 

 Indictments are only accusations.  Nothing has been proven about this case, not by a long shot.

Trump acts guilty.

Might take a modicum of street smarts to suss that out.

32 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, I also agree with him on NATO.  Why do we need to foot the bill for them if there is no USSR or Eastern Bloc anymore?

Maybe Putin wants to re-establsh the Eastern Bloc.

32 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Does this mean I like Trump? Heck no. He may turn out worse than W, which I did not think was possible.

May turn out to be worse than W?

Nice apology for fascism, Jim.

32 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

But on these two issues I think he has shown instincts that compare to Kennedy.

 

Sure, because every school boy knows JFK wanted to see a global white nationalist movement and perpetual North vs South conflict...

wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

I agree.  Some people were saying today that he should have really confronted Putin.

He's under investigation for colluding with Putin so he goes overseas to play Monica to Vlad's Bill.

Trump is not that bright, is he?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

I have to politely disagree with you.

I think he did what was appropriate in meeting with Putin.

The Justice Department indicted 12 Russian military intel types.

Wouldn't it have been appropriate to wait until the legal process was over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  There are reasons.  If I was his counsel, I would have told him to go to the meeting.  For several reasons which I will not go into on a public forum.

However, I would add politically it made sense.

One thing about Trump, he always seems to be two steps ahead of his competition.  That is why he did so well in NY- I know others would cite other reasons.

I would say this too, and the pundits on CNN don't get this or are intentionally ignoring this point, the public sees so little about what is going on behind the scenes.  There could be so many intelligence and policy reasons to have had this meeting.  But those reasons are classified.  How would the public dealt with knowing about Operation Mongoose?  It had to be kept secret at the time.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cory, if an innocent man is indicted for an axe murder is it a good idea for him to go around town buying axes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

LOL, Cliff, cmon.

Seriously.  Trump is under investigation for conspiring with the Russian military intel to rig the 2016 election, then right after 12 Russians are indicted he goes to talk with the guy accused of master-minding it all.

Dude's an idiot, face it.

 

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG. I have to agree with Cliff. Trump's behavior towards Russia has been a disaster.

Trump didn't have to meet with Putin at all. The U.S. at this point is ten times as powerful as Russia. And yet, Trump travels half-way round the world to stand by Putin in the middle of a bi-partisan investigation of Putin's purported attack on our democracy, and then denounces this investigation. No president has ever done anything like this. It's fruit loops.

Trump COULD have visited Putin, and said he's awaiting judgement after the investigation has been completed. But no, he repeatedly said "All I can do is ask him if he did those bad things, mommie, and if he says no well I guess we gotta believe him" which makes the U.S. look ridiculous...and idiotic. What an embarrassment! I mean, it couldn't have been any worse if he'd peed his pants.

I know some people think the media's bias against Putin comes from his being a communist, or socialist, and that it's hip and cool to side with communists and socialists. But I don't see it that way at all. The days of Russian communism and socialism are long gone. It's clear to me Putin is little more than a corrupt and murderous thug ruling over a kleptocracy, and that Trump would love to follow in his footsteps.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

OMG. I have to agree with Cliff. Trump's behavior towards Russia has been a disaster.

Trump didn't have to meet with Putin at all. The U.S. at this point is ten times as powerful as Russia. And yet, Trump travels half-way round the world to stand by Putin in the middle of a bi-partisan investigation of Putin's purported attack on our democracy, and then denounces this investigation. No president has ever done anything like this. It's fruit loops.

Trump COULD have visited Putin, and said he's awaiting judgement after the investigation has been completed. But no, he repeatedly said "All I can do is ask him if he did those bad things, mommie, and if he says no well I guess we gotta believe him" which makes the U.S. look ridiculous...and idiotic. What an embarrassment! I mean, it couldn't have been any worse if he'd peed his pants.

I know some people think the media's bias against Putin comes from his being a communist, or socialist, and that it's hip and cool to side with communists and socialists. But I don't see it that way at all. The days of Russian communism and socialism are long gone. It's clear to me Putin is little more than a corrupt and murderous thug ruling over a kleptocracy, and that Trump would love to follow in his footsteps.

 

 

Yup.

James DiEugenio

BTW, I also agree with him on NATO.  Why do we need to foot the bill for them if there is no USSR or Eastern Bloc anymore? 

How about because until 1945 the Europeans have been slaughtering each other for hundreds of years? Go back through maps of Europe say four or five hundred years .

If nothing else being there has kept us from having to pack our bags to go back again.

Edited by Bob Ness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Ness said:

Yup.


<quote>James DiEugenio

BTW, I also agree with him on NATO.  Why do we need to foot the bill for them if there is no USSR or Eastern Bloc anymore? </quote>

How about because until 1945 the Europeans have been slaughtering each other for hundreds of years? Go back through maps of Europe say four or five hundred years .

If nothing else us being there has kept us from having to pack our bags to go back again.

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

BN: How about because until 1945 the Europeans have been slaughtering each other for hundreds of years? Go back through maps of Europe say four or five hundred years .

 

I did not say what you are imputing to me.

What I said was, why do we have to foot the bill for it?  Look at the ratios.  

But your other argument is not the reason that it was created.  It was not created to stop wars between European nations.  It was created to stop a Soviet invasion through the Eastern Bloc.

There is no USSR today and there is no Eastern Bloc.

Take  look at how far NATO extends east today. I think that is ridiculous.

 

Edited by James DiEugenio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

PS: Trump didn't have to meet with Putin at all.

And Meuller did not have to announce those indictments 72 hours before the summit either.

If that was not politically motivated, what is?  Its the equivalent to announcing the results of the Fisher Panel on the eve of the Shaw trial.

Or indicting a xxxxx farm.  

Edited by James DiEugenio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×