The Education Forum

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2018 at 9:08 AM, Paul Brancato said:

Jeff - let me make a point a little clearer:

when a man like Trump goes after the FBI and Justice Department the way he has, it convinces me that his enemies are my friends. I don’t think the evidence against Trump is politicized. 

Ah yes.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

If one regards the National Security/Surveillance State as monolithic and hegemonic then the enemies of that Enemy are your friends -- Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.

But if one regards the Bible-thumping Trump Cult as THE Enemy of Mankind, elements of the Surveillance State investigating the Trump Crime Family are your friends.

I view the Surveillance State as faction ridden and given to intense internecine warfare. 

Neither monolithic nor hegemonic.

The Boston Marathon Bombing left both the FBI and the CIA with black eyes.  The Edward Snowden Affair took both the NSA and DEA down a peg.  Both strike me as the product of competing agencies.

Given the robust presence of Bible-thumpers within the Surveillance/Security State it is imperative that the Trump Cult be resisted and eventually removed.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

On 7/26/2018 at 7:26 AM, Cliff Varnell said:

Ah yes.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

If one regards the National Security/Surveillance State as monolithic and hegemonic then the enemies of that Enemy are your friends -- Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.

But if one regards the Bible-thumping Trump Cult as THE Enemy of Mankind, elements of the Surveillance State investigating the Trump Crime Family are your friends.

I view the Surveillance State as faction ridden and given to intense internecine warfare. 

Neither monolithic nor hegemonic.

The Boston Marathon Bombing left both the FBI and the CIA with black eyes.  The Edward Snowden Affair took both the NSA and DEA down a peg.  Both strike me as the product of competing agencies.

Given the robust presence of Bible-thumpers within the Surveillance/Security State it is imperative that the Trump Cult be resisted and eventually removed.

I don’t regard the National Security/Surveillance State as monolithic and hegemonic. Rather, leading figures within the National Security/Surveillance State regard it as such, as is confirmed by public statements they have made. During the second Obama term the codeword for a hegemonic worldview was “exceptional”, as in “I believe America as the exceptional country.”

When I think of “enemies” of the National Security/Surveillance State, neither Trump or Putin really come to mind. The only true enemies seem to be persons and organizations dedicated to Constitutional protections and open government.

The Surveillance State has a tight hierarchical structure which precludes factionalism or internal battles. However, America’s ruling class/elite/1% are precisely “faction ridden and given to intense internecine warfare.” On display these days in full intensity.

The powers of the FBI, CIA, NSA, and DEA have only increased since Boston and Snowden.

Very good article today by the excellent reporting team of Paul Fitzgerald-Elizabeth Gould, describing the deliberate manipulation of reality involving events in Afghanistan in the late 1970s, and how clusters of politicized insiders can in fact control national policy utilizing the controlled dissemination of information, with echoes of the internecine warfare of today.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/07/27/the-grand-illusion-of-imperial-power/

1st Trump is a racist. 2nd Trump is the crookedest and president this country has ever had. 3rd there was and is conclusion between Trump and Russia aka Putin. 4th The greatest threat to the U.S and the world. is Valdimir Putin. As soon he is gone from the world stage. The U.S and the world will be a safer place.