Jump to content
The Education Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So Angleton testified before the Church Committee twice then?

Once before the Hart/Schweiker sub committee, then this one looks to be before the Republicans on the full committee.

Then, how many times did he testify before the HSCA? I know he did at least once with Surrell Brady. Did he ever testify before the Rockefeller Commission?

The thing is, so far no one has focused on what should have been a very important point.  Which is:  the way Oswald's file was set up when it was first opened and how that limited the routing of his files through the system.

Malcolm Blunt has been sending me a lot of documents on this issue.  Betsy Wolf--and to a lesser extent Mike Goldsmith--both of the HSCA,  spent a lot of time and effort trying to figure this out. Betsy Wolf made reams of pages of notes on this and interviewed several people about it.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

So Angleton testified before the Church Committee twice then?

Once before the Hart/Schweiker sub committee, then this one looks to be before the Republicans on the full committee.

Then, how many times did he testify before the HSCA? I know he did at least once with Surrell Brady. Did he ever testify before the Rockefeller Commission?

The thing is, so far no one has focused on what should have been a very important point.  Which is:  the way Oswald's file was set up when it was first opened and how that limited the routing of his files through the system.

Malcolm Blunt has been sending me a lot of documents on this issue.  Betsy Wolf--and to a lesser extent Mike Goldsmith--both of the HSCA,  spent a lot of time and effort trying to figure this out. Betsy Wolf made reams of pages of notes on this and interviewed several people about it.

Jim - I think John Newman has been researching this exact point. What I’ve heard is that the normally routine routing was suddenly changed, and that the Soviet Russia Division was cut out of the loop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/19/2018 at 8:09 AM, Paul Brancato said:

Jim - I think John Newman has been researching this exact point. What I’ve heard is that the normally routine routing was suddenly changed, and that the Soviet Russia Division was cut out of the loop. 

Exactly and it was this bit of knowledge (internal routing, etc) that was essentially a piece of the puzzle that Wolf and Co. did not possess unfortunately. This also brings to mind the Gambino testimony. Would be nice to have more from him or his testimony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have, there is not a formal interview with Gambino.

What I have is Betsy's notes on the interview.

Let me say this.  It is really too bad what happened to the HSCA.  That is the fall of Sprague.  Because there were some good people investigating for them.

Betsy Wolf was like a bulldog on this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

From what I have, there is not a formal interview with Gambino.

What I have is Betsy's notes on the interview.

Let me say this.  It is really too bad what happened to the HSCA.  That is the fall of Sprague.  Because there were some good people investigating for them.

Betsy Wolf was like a bulldog on this issue.

Betsy (among notable others researchers in the HSCA) was a pure beast when it came to doing her patriotic job. Jim I tell ya, my stomach just turns each and everytime I read your or Fonzi's work and it gets to the downfall of the HSCA.....I just hate reading about it all lol...its almost like this Groundhog Day effect where I know its coming and I think of Henry Gonzalez and just the stupid shenanigans that went on.....I say to myself "it just couldn't be allowed to simply be could it?" sarcastically....I would bet the farm that if Sprague (hell, even Garrison) had his way, unmolested......the United States would have been effectively changed in some monumental way. I cannot help but to simply wonder if Sprague's downfall was intentional. I hate to go there but given the context, what was at stake....you have to wonder. I can only speculate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, B. A. Copeland said:

Betsy (among notable others researchers in the HSCA) was a pure beast when it came to doing her patriotic job. Jim I tell ya, my stomach just turns each and everytime I read your or Fonzi's work and it gets to the downfall of the HSCA.....I just hate reading about it all lol...its almost like this Groundhog Day effect where I know its coming and I think of Henry Gonzalez and just the stupid shenanigans that went on.....I say to myself "it just couldn't be allowed to simply be could it?" sarcastically....I would bet the farm that if Sprague (hell, even Garrison) had his way, unmolested......the United States would have been effectively changed in some monumental way. I cannot help but to simply wonder if Sprague's downfall was intentional. I hate to go there but given the context, what was at stake....you have to wonder. I can only speculate.

Yes B.A., you know better than I and Jim better than both of us Sprague's downfall was intentional.  He was smeared by the mockingbird poop in the MSM and influence with congressmen and senators was brought to bear.  Blakey dumped on the mafia and stonewalled the real investigators.  The CIA on top of the Operation Mockingbird stuff brought Joannides (DRE in 63) out of retirement to stonewall Lopez and Hardway.  Your right, it is stomach turning, a sad time in our history.  We all got bamboozled.  And still are to this day.

 

Edited by Ron Bulman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me say something else.

When congress locked up the files of the HSCA, they sure as heck knew what they were doing.

Because the stuff that was classified was about ten times more interesting and relevant than what is in the HSCA volumes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:14 AM, David Boylan said:

Deep stuff here.  Just in the first 30 pages so far.  "JA, name, address, , any organization?  JA; address, "and, No, no organization".  No uh, um, sir, you work for the CIA, isn't that an organization?  The questioner is treating him with kid gloves.

Edited by Ron Bulman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 8:52 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Yes B.A., you know better than I and Jim better than both of us Sprague's downfall was intentional.  He was smeared by the mockingbird poop in the MSM and influence with congressmen and senators was brought to bear.  Blakey dumped on the mafia and stonewalled the real investigators.  The CIA on top of the Operation Mockingbird stuff brought Joannides (DRE in 63) out of retirement to stonewall Lopez and Hardway.  Your right, it is stomach turning, a sad time in our history.  We all got bamboozled.  And still are to this day.

 

Great points Ron. It is that exact kind of tragic dynamic you saw at play that....well it causes me to pause and wonder what a functioning democracy is, which, as President Carter once remarked, the U.S sadly is not, not with structures and events such as what was displayed long ago. The JFK murder.....what a litmus test for what a true functioning and healthy democracy can be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×