The Education Forum

Dallas Public Library Finding Aid

I ran across this by accident, so I thought I'd pass it along.

This is a finding aid to the JFK assassination collection at the Dallas Public Library.

I've included a sample from the Table of Contents, and a cryptic little entry I ran across.

Finding Aid for the John F. Kennedy Assassination Holdings

MA 88.17

MA 93.5

https://dallaslibrary2.org/dallashistory/archives/KennedyAssassinationCollectionGuide.pdf

Dallas Public Library

Texas/Dallas History & Archives Division

June 2008

Updated through April 2009

Miscellaneous and Ephemera 149

Box Inventory.149

Box: Speeches, Government Documents, Memorials .149

Box: Speeches, Government Documents, Memorials (continued)150

Box: Speeches, Government Documents, Memorials (continued)151

Box: Police Radio Transmissions151

Box: Unpublished Manuscripts 151

Box: Unpublished Manuscripts (continued)152

Box: Published Material 152

...and former U. S. High Commissioner for Germany. Contents. Roll 1 ...... Letter from George Whitmeyer to son about being in the motorcade. Whitmeyer was in...”

Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I ran across this by accident, so I thought I'd pass it along.

This is a finding aid to the JFK assassination collection at the Dallas Public Library.

I've included a sample from the Table of Contents, and a cryptic little entry I ran across.

Finding Aid for the John F. Kennedy Assassination Holdings

MA 88.17

MA 93.5

https://dallaslibrary2.org/dallashistory/archives/KennedyAssassinationCollectionGuide.pdf

...and former U. S. High Commissioner for Germany. Contents. Roll 1 ...... Letter from George Whitmeyer to son about being in the motorcade. Whitmeyer was in...”

Steve Thomas

Does anybody have a good relationship with their reference or interlibrary loan department of their local public library?

This looks like this is the hard copy

page 151

Box 10. Miscellaneous and Ephemera

Box 10.1 Box Inventory

Box: Speeches, Government Documents, Memorials (continued)

Folder# 40 Letter from George Whitmeyer to son about being in the motorcade. Whitmeyer was in the pilot car.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Can’t help with the Whitmeyer letter, but I wanted to point out that the “Finding Aid” for assassination holdings and sources is seriously out of date.  All three of the links I tried were broken.  The address listed for my Harvey and Lee website was abandoned more than a dozen years ago.  If it were up to date,  this document would be really valuable.  Cover says updated through 2009, but that may be a stretch for some of the listings, including mine.

2 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Steve,

Can’t help with the Whitmeyer letter, but I wanted to point out that the “Finding Aid” for assassination holdings and sources is seriously out of date.  All three of the links I tried were broken.  The address listed for my Harvey and Lee website was abandoned more than a dozen years ago.  If it were up to date,  this document would be really valuable.  Cover says updated through 2009, but that may be a stretch for some of the listings, including mine.

Jim,

Thanks for pointing that out to the Forum members.

It doesn't surprise me that the external links found in that Finding Aid would be out of date seeing as how it was last updated in 2009.

The Library's internal holdings should still be good though, I would think.

You might send a note to the History and Archives Division about your site address. They might not be able to fix the paper copy, but they might be able to correct the online pdf.

Steve Thomas