The Education Forum

Was Dubya in Dealey Plaza on 11/22/63?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1403304.jpg

Denis,

If you don't know more than I do about Dallas Patrolman Roy Eugene Vaughn, why are you so certain that there is "no substance" to the story (allegedly reported to Jim Garrison by Roger Craig) that Vaughn may have detained George H.W. Bush in Dealey Plaza after JFK's murder?

As for the on-line (Richard M. Hooke) photo of young George W. Bush near the Dal-Tex building, it doesn't seem to resemble the oddly juxtaposed profile/portrait version that you posted above.

What is the original source of your above profile/portrait photo?

Edited by W. Niederhut

3 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

By "no substance", I meant nothing solid. Neither Craig, Vaughan or anybody in the world until not a long time ago mentioned Bush arrested in Dealey Plaza. 

As for Captain Hooke's collage, don't mind the juxtaposed image of Thornley. 

Denis,

The reason that I asked about the source of your bizarre collage photo (above) is that it looks like something that was poorly photo-shopped to create a false impression that the young man in the original Dal-Tex photo was NOT George W. Bush.

My interest is in an honest, open inquiry, based on valid evidence.

I have no interest in bad information.  Lord knows, there is far too much of that in the modern world.

As for the moniker, "independent Houston oil man," wasn't that self-description used by GHWB in other contexts?

Edited by W. Niederhut

Fetzer's M.O. is to provide people with as fuzzy as possible images. Compare his images with mine. The man on the sidewalk does not look like Bush at all. He got a lot of people with his methods. The man he labeled as Lansdale does not look like him at all.

Edited by Denis Morissette
Information incorrect.

I believe that Col. L. Fletcher Prouty was the guy who originally identified his long-time Saigon station boss and colleague, Edward Lansdale, in those Dealey Plaza photos.  Not sure when or how GHWB was thought to be there.

There are logistical problems with GHWB's Tyler/Kiwanis Club alibi, having to do with the timing of GHWB's phone call reporting Parrot as a suspect.

As for the photo of Bush at the Kiwanis Club, how do we know when it was taken?

What is the evidence that it was taken around noon on 11/22/63?

This is an exchange between a rep of the Tyler-Rose Kiwanis, Steve Roe and me on January 1. Just talked to Steve. He is supposed to go and give a presentation to the Kiwanis about this topic. No date yet. I will try to answer your questions tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=george%20bush%20kiwanis

19 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

This is an exchange between a rep of the Tyler-Rose Kiwanis, Steve Roe and me on January 1. Just talked to Steve. He is supposed to go and give a presentation to the Kiwanis about this topic. No date yet. I will try to answer your questions tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=george bush kiwanis

Denis,

There are so many anomalies in the various accounts of GHWB's location on 11/22/63 that I remain skeptical about these Kiwanis Club stories (and photo) from Tyler, Texas.

It seems like the kind of cover story material that could be easily fabricated by old CIA pros like GHWB.

Barbara Bush's 11/22/63 letter to her "Dearest family" (written in a beauty parlor in Tyler, and, later, from Mr. Zeppa's airplane)  -- published in her autobiography -- is bizarre, to say the least, especially since the only "family" at home would have been younger than ten, and she was back in Houston that same evening.  It is unclear who the recipients of the letter were.

GHWB's phone call to the FBI, reporting suspicions about his GOP campaign gofer, James Parrot, is even more bizarre.

Russ Baker has described these anomalies in great detail in Family of Secrets, partially excerpted here.

Bush and the JFK Hit, Part 4: Barbara’s Hair-Raising Day

https://whowhatwhy.org/2013/10/09/bush-and-the-jfk-hit-part-4-barbaras-hair-raising-day/

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks for the reference.  I had not read this eye-opening review before.

Obviously, there are some significant problems with the sources and claims in major portions of Family of Secrets.  I thought Baker had gone into greater detail about GHWB's involvement with Allen Dulles, Drexel, Inc., and (later) BCCI, but I read the book several years ago, and don't remember.

With regard to 11/22/63, are there reliable witness reports from the Kiwanis Club Blackstone Hotel luncheon in Tyler, Texas?  (I have not read the Kitty Kelly book that is, apparently, the source of the story by the Kiwanis V.P. in Tyler.)

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Let me put it this way, I have never been to Tyler to check on it myself.

But the estimate was that there were something like 200 people there.  If anyone would have said he was not there, I think that info would be out there by now.