The Education Forum

Seymour Hersh on novichok, Russian links to Donald Trump and 9/11

Seymour Hersh on novichok, Russian links to Donald Trump and 9/11

From the article: Critics have also argued that Hersh is a conspiracy theorist, though notably in his John F Kennedy biography The Dark Side of Camelot, he writes that Oswald was the probable lone assassin. Several years ago, I grilled Hersh on this and he responded that he simply could not find anything more on Oswald whilst researching the book. It seems that this position is adopted by others on the left too such as Noam Chomsky, who views JFK as a liberal war hawk rather than a threat to the establishment.

I have to say I’m perplexed to say the least that a man who has spent his entire career dealing with covert action and spies buys the official version report hook, line and sinker. In Reporter, he warmly relates his dealings with Hollywood director Oliver Stone in the late Eighties. However, when Stone begins to expand on his thesis that Kennedy was assassinated by a CIA conspiracy in what would eventually become his tour de force magnum opus JFK, Hersh is completely dismissive, telling Stone that the idea is preposterous – to which Stone replies that he always knew Hersh was a CIA agent and walks off.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/seymour-hersh-interview-novichok-russian-hacking-9-11-nerve-agent-attack-a8459596.html

Robert Parry dwarfed Hersh in stature, honesty and range.

And he was not a sell out on JFK.

Seymour Hersh was interviewed in Errol Morris's recent documentary, Wormwood, about the murder of U.S. biological weapons scientist Frank Olson. 

At the conclusion of the film, Hersh confirmed that Frank Olson had, in fact, been considered a major security risk, and had been executed on orders from high-level authorities within the CIA, but that he could not divulge any details without betraying his sources.