The Education Forum

JFK Secret Service Agent: hole in windshield of limo!

JFK Secret Service Agent Joe Paolella, who passed away in 2017, admits that he saw a bullet hole in the windshield of President Kennedy’s bloody limousine the night of the assassination AND that Gerald Blaine omitted this from his book The Kennedy Detail!!! Author William Law is coming out with the book they were working on--Paolella thought there was a conspiracy, questioned Oswald's abilities, and was no fan of Blaine's book.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh great.  And just where was this hole supposed to be?

Author William Law was working with Paolella on a book when Joe sadly passed away in September 2017. William is seeking permission from his family to publish it. He told me there is a whole lot more than what has been said here.

This is a segment from a witness to the bullet hole in "The Men Who killed Kennedy". Of course a Secret service person's word is worth a lot more and it's unfortunate he wasn't forthcoming much earlier.

Of course  the limo was sent to Detroit- was it?  Years later, there was a sworn affidavit from a man who replaced the windshield attesting to a bullet hole in the upper right hand corner.

Yes!! I was ON that episode of THE MEN WHO KILLED KENNEDY (the late Doug Weldon, who was also in the book MURDER IN DEALEY PLAZA with me, was on that episode, as well. I have a letter from Evalea Glanges...and a lot more regarding the bullet in the windshield:

CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE

38152739_10215588510081367_5163077690869 38209702_10215588510321373_8264761741846 38262109_10215588510601380_657429712420338028712_10215588510001365_1140504401966aa.jpg?w=225 bb.jpg?w=225 cc.jpg?w=225 dd.jpg?w=225 ee.jpg?w=225 ff.jpg?w=225 gg.jpg?w=240 hh.jpg?w=248

30 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

Oh great.  And just where was this hole supposed to be?

See above, as well. Pamela, I admire your work on the limousine, as well. That is what you are known for :):)

I also recently re-read Agent Kellerman's Warren Commission testimony.

I've mentioned before that I believe the indentation in the metal frame above the windshield in the JFK limo ( noticed after JFK was killed ) is more important than less so in evaluating the evidence of more than 2 bullets being fired at JFK while in the limo.

The only way to present my case with any credibility is to paste agent Roy Kellerman's actual Warren Commission testimony regarding this indentation. Especially since Kellerman claims he believes he was the first to notice this suspicious and intriguing anomaly.

Kellerman described the shots coming into the limo as a "flurry."

In most cases, wouldn't a "flurry" indicate more than just "two" shots?

Kellerman is vague about the indentation and it's origin. He says he noticed it but not before JFK was shot. Only after.

Okay, he might not have, but the indentation was not so small in diameter size and shallow in depth that someone other than Kellerman, ( perhaps a limo cleaner and preparer back in Washington or even after several trips through other Texas cities ?) could easily have seen this if the indentation was made before JFK was shot.

I wash my cars. Always have. A hole like that would have caught my attention in just minutes of cleaning the inside of my cars.

Wouldn't presidential limo cleaners be even more observant?

The metal used in that limo was solid and heavy. It would have taken something very solid and high velocity to indent that windshield frame as noticeably as this one did.

Something like a strong whack from a ball peen hammer?

Kellerman states he saw the x-rays of the inside of JFK's brain. He described 40 small points of light ( like stars in the sky) which were small bullet fragments. The largest fragment found ( 1 ) was only the size of a "match head."

The head shot bullet into JFK's head obviously fragmentized.

If no piece of that head shot bullet was left any bigger than a match head and those 40 bullet fragments made up most of that bullet, that rules out that bullet as a cause of the much larger circumference hole in the windshield frame.

And the incoming hit direction of whatever caused the windshield frame indentation was the same as the other bullets reportedly fired at JFK.

Kellerman also describes the cracked windshield.  Again, if the head shot bullet totally fragmentized upon impact...what other missile made the windshield crack as significantly as it did?

Two other incongruous statements by Kellerman.

He defended his non-physical action to protect the President once he heard JFK say "My God, I am hit" by stating that agent Clint Hill had already climbed on board the back of the limo and was sprawling on top of JFK and Jackie.

That is not true.

Agent Hill didn't even get to the limo until JFK was hit "later" in the head with the second shot.

Kellerman chose to stay in his seat and radio "lets get out of here" instructions well before Hill was on board. If Kellerman was true to his body risking JFK protecting duty he should have immediately climbed into the back seat as he said he could have done and was sworn to do. The bar separating him from the back two seats was not an insurmountable obstacle he said.

And Kellerman also says the limo never traveled slower than 12 to 25 mph. Even through Dealey Plaza and the turn onto Elm from Houston or when JFK was struck in the head.

Contrary to many eye witnesses saying the limo's back brake lights came on at the time of the JFK head shot ( just before and during) and the Zapruder film clearly shows driver Bill Greer turning his head, neck and shoulders 180 degrees around and staring at JFK just as his head is blown apart.

No driver tuns around that much so that his eyes are looking 180 degrees behind him without letting off the accelerator to do so, and probably even touching his brake pedal as well.

I never have in 47 years of driving.

Kellerman's WC testimony is so full of holes and misrepresentations. Yet his questioners just took it all in without any follow up inquiry of substance.

Mr. KELLERMAN. Well, let's consider the vehicle. 
Mr. SPECTER. Fine. What about the vehicle would you consider relevant in this regard? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. The windshield itself, which I observed a day or two after the funeral here, had been hit by a piece of this missile or missiles, whatever it is, shell. 
Mr. SPECTER. While you are referring to the windshield, permit me to hand you a photograph marked Commission Exhibit 349 and ask if you can tell us what that photograph depicts? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. This photograph is the windshield of the Presidential special automobile that we used in Dallas on November 22. And it depicts a hit by some instrument on the metal railing that covers the windshield. 
Mr. SPECTER. In what position is the hit on that metal railing? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Directly to the right of the mirror. 
Mr. SPECTER. Is that on the top of the windshield? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is on the top of the windshield. I am sorry; this is not the windshield itself; this is the top of the vehicle. This is the framework. 
Mr. SPECTER. Would you draw a red arrow with the pen that you have to the mark which you have just describe?

(Mr. Kellerman marked the photograph.)

Mr. SPECTER. Now, when did you first observe that indention? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. This was observed a day or two after the funeral, which funeral was the 25th of November; this would be upward of the 27th. 
Mr. SPECTER. Where was the automobile at the time you observed that indentation? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. At the White House garage, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. Was the windshield in the automobile at that time? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir; it was in the automobile. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you observe or notice that indentation in the windshield when you were in Dallas after the shooting occurred? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you observe or notice that indentation before the shooting? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. Are you able to state positively whether or not that indentation was present before the shooting? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. So that you observed it on the first occasion when you saw the car in the White House garage on or about November 27; is that correct? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is correct sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. The indentation could conceivably have been present before the shooting? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. It could have; yes. 
Mr. SPECTER. But you didn't observe it before the shooting? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. I did not. 
Mr. SPECTER. And did you not observe it in Dallas after the shooting? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is right; I did not. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you have any occasion to examine closely the windshield area after the assassination in Dallas? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you have any occasion to examine closely the windshield at any time after the assassination until you saw the car in the garage on or about November 27? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No, sir; I have not. 
Mr. SPECTER. Would you describe for the record where that indentation occurs or is placed? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. This indentation is placed on the metal-bar framework which is across the top of the windshield. The indentation is directly to the right of the mirror holder. 
Mr. SPECTER. Is that on the inside or the outside of the car? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. This is on the inside of the car. 
Representative FORD. What prompted you to make that investigation on or about November 27? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. First, Mr. Congressman, I wanted to look this car over for--let me go back a little bit. When this car was checked over that night for its return to Washington, I was informed the following day of the pieces of these missiles that were found in the front seat, and I believe aside from the skull, that was in the rear seat, I couldn't conceive even from elevation how this shot hit President Kennedy like it did. I wanted to view this vehicle, whether this was a slant blow off the car, whether it hit the car first and then hit him, or what other marks are on this vehicle, and that is what prompted me to go around and check it over myself. 
Representative FORD. Had anybody told you of this indentation prior to your own personal investigation? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Not of the windshield; no, sir. 
Representative FORD. You were the first one to find this indentation? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. I believe I am the first one who noticed this thing up on the bar. 
Representative FORD. That is what I meant. 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir. 
Representative FORD. You are the first one to notice this particular indentation? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes; I believe I am, sir. 
Representative FORD. All right. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you have occasion to examine the windshield or the framework closely before the assassination, either in Dallas or in Washington? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No; I honestly didn't. 
Mr. SPECTER. Mr. Chairman, I move for the admission to evidence of Exhibit No. 349. 
Representative FORD. It will be so admitted.

(The document referred to, heretofore marked Commission Exhibit No. 349 for identification, was received in evidence.)

Mr. SPECTER. Now I hand to Mr. Kellerman, through the Chairman, Commission Exhibit No. 350, and ask you to describe what this picture represents? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. This picture represents the windshield of the President's special automobile as we are looking into it. This is an outside photo. My reason for this is that on inspection there is a--the windshield has been struck by an instrument and it has been cracked. This crack is opposite the mirror--facing the driver would be toward the driver, to the right of the mirror, and-- 
Mr. SPECTER. The photograph, Exhibit 350, is from the outside of the car front looking toward the car; correct? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. What mark, if any, appears in the photograph on the windshield itself? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. There is the cracked windshield located to the right of the mirror as you look into the automobile. 
Mr. SPECTER. That would be on the driver's side, as you previously stated? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir; on the driver's side of the vehicle. 
Mr. SPECTER. Now, is this picture an accurate representation of the appearance of the windshield at some time when you observed the windshield? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. This windshield I observed on this same day. 
Mr. SPECTER. On or about November 27, 1963? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is correct. 
Mr. SPECTER. Does that picture accurately represent what the windshield looked like on that day when you observed it? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, sir; it is. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you observe any crack in the windshield as the President's automobile was being driven from the point of assassination to the hospital? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. I did not. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you observe it at any time prior to the time you saw the automobile in the White House garage on or before November 27? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. I did not, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you have any occasion to examine closely the windshield after the time of the shooting up until the time you saw it in the White House garage? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. Now, at the time of your examination of the windshield in the White House garage, did you feel the windshield? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. On the day that I visited the White House garage and checked this car over for my own personal reasons, and this windshield crack was pointed out to me, I did-- 
Mr. SPECTER. When you say it was pointed out to you, by whom? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. There were other people in the garage, Mr. Specter, like Mr. Kinney, I believe was there at the time, Special Agent Henry Rybka was the other person. 
Mr. SPECTER. Was it sufficiently prominent without having to have it pointed out specially? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Oh, yes; very much. And I felt this windshield both inwardly and outwardly to determine first if there was something that was struck from the back of us or--and I was satisfied that it was. 
Mr. SPECTER. When you say struck from in back of you, do you mean on the inside or outside of the windshield? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Inside, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. Inside of the car? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Right. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you have occasion to feel the outside of the windshield? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. I did on that day; yes, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. What did you feel, if anything? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Not a thing; it was real smooth. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you have occasion to feel the inside of the windshield? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. I did. 
Mr. SPECTER. How did that feel to you? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. My comparison was that the broken glass, broken windshield, there was enough little roughness in there from the cracks and split that I was positive, or it was my belief, that whatever hit it came into the inside of the car. 
Mr. SPECTER. I move for the admission into evidence of Exhibit No. 350. 
Representative FORD. It will be so admitted.

(The document referred to, heretofore marked Commission Exhibit No. for identification, was received in evidence.)

Mr. KELLERMAN. This automobile is never out of sight of any agent, or even a police officer, before it is used--used or afterward. Let me clarify that. The agent that accompanied these cars to Dallas was with the vehicles from the time they left Washington aboard this plane. One of his many duties outside of keeping it, having this car run perfectly, is that all the equipment is in perfect condition. 
Mr. SPECTER. Mr. Kellerman, what you are saying, then, is there had been no crack in the windshield prior to the time of the shooting? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is correct. 
Mr. SPECTER. My next question is: Did you observe any crack in the windshield after the shooting on November 22? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did you have any occasion to look for or examine for any crack in the windshield after the shooting? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. I had no occasion whatsoever. 
Mr. SPECTER. If the crack in the windshield had been as prominent as it was on or about November 27, 1963, would you have observed it after the shooting on November 22? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No, sir; I don't think I would have. 
Senator COOPER. Is it correct then to say that you didn't find any occasion to examine the windshield after you heard the shots? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is right, I did not have the opportunity. 
Mr. SPECTER. And after the President was removed from the automobile, did you ever go back and examine the car, including the windshield? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Not in Dallas; no, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. To be absolutely certain our record is straight on this point, when you observed this windshield on or about November 27, 1963, was the windshield in or out of the car? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. It was in the car. This was the same day they were going to remove it. 
Mr. SPECTER. Did they remove it later that day, to your knowledge? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes; they did, and the mechanics were there. 
Mr. SPECTER. Were you there at the time this was removed? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. No, sir. 
Mr. SPECTER. But the mechanics had arrived preparatory to removing it? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is right. 
Mr. SPECTER. Mr. Kellerman, we intended to describe the windshield in detail prior to your mentioning it, but to go back to your train of thought, you had brought up the windshield in response to my question about whether you had told us everything that you had in mind when you expressed the view that there were more than three shots. Now, remaining on the subject of the windshield, what fact about the windshield was important in your mind when you expressed the view that there must have been more than three shots? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. I may be a little--I am not ahead of myself in your investigation of this case, but I think with the evidence that you all have on the numbers, on the pieces of evidence that were found in the car, plus the fact that you. have a missile that was received from Dallas, from one of the stretchers, plus the fact of the missile that, to my knowledge, hasn't been removed from Governor Connally--it may have, I don't know--count up to more than three to me, gentlemen. 

Mr. SPECTER. Now, did you observe, during the course of the autopsy, bullet fragments which you might describe as little stars? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes, of the numerous X-rays that were taken mainly of the skull, the head. The reason for it was that through all the probing which these gentlemen were trying to pick up little pieces of evidence in the form of shell fragments, they were unable to locate any. From the X-rays, when you placed the X-ray up against the light the whole head looked like a little mass of stars, there must have been 30, 40 lights where these pieces were so minute that they couldn't be reached. However, all through this series of X-rays this was the one that they found, through X-ray that was above the right eye, and they removed that. 
Mr. SPECTER. How big a piece was that above the right eye, would you say? 
Mr. KELLERMAN. The tip of a matchhead, a little larger. 
Edited by Joe Bauer

Mr. KELLERMAN. I may be a little--I am not ahead of myself in your investigation of this case, but I think with the evidence that you all have on the numbers, on the pieces of evidence that were found in the car, plus the fact that you. have a missile that was received from Dallas, from one of the stretchers, plus the fact of the missile that, to my knowledge, hasn't been removed from Governor Connally--it may have, I don't know--count up to more than three to me, gentlemen. 

Not just three Vince..."more than three."

Kellerman's own words.

By my count, we have 9 witnesses who claim they saw a bullet hole in windshield:

• Frank Cormier, St Louis Dispatch
  • Richard Dudman, St Louis Dispatch
  • Stavis Ellis, DPD 
  • HR Freeman, DPD 
  • Dr Evalea Glanges
  • Bill Greer, SS (told to Nick Prencipe, US Parks Police)
  • Joe Paolella, SS 
  • Charles Taylor, Jr, SS 
  • George Whitaker, Ford
Edited by Greg Wagner

7 hours ago, Greg Wagner said:

By my count, we have 9 witnesses who claim they saw a bullet hole in windshield:

• Frank Cormier, St Louis Dispatch
  • Richard Dudman, St Louis Dispatch
  • Stavis Ellis, DPD 
  • HR Freeman, DPD 
  • Dr Evalea Glanges
  • Bill Greer, SS (told to Nick Prencipe, US Parks Police)
  • Joe Paolella, SS 
  • Charles Taylor, Jr, SS 
  • George Whitaker, Ford

Good tally, Greg!

@Joe Bauer- this is how an attorney "creates a record". Specter would ignore areas that were not helpful to the official story, ignore problematic answers and if that didnt work, then go off the record to try to intimidate the witness into making the right statements..........

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:02 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Not just three Vince..."more than three."

Kellerman's own words.

Yes! This is one of the reasons I hesitate to have any suspicion toward Kellerman- he certainly said things to both the WC and the HSCA, not to mention William Manchester, that go against official history.

Kellerman talks about the windshield frame indentation as if he feels it is at least worth mentioning.  It's an anomaly that indicates a high velocity hard object to create it. Especially since the frame is solid steel.

I believe Kellerman feels the indentation was made with the "flurry" of shots coming into the limo.

Since the FBI took possession of the car just hours after the assassination, the Dallas police didn't have any chance to go over the car for evidence.

I wonder, if the DPD had inspected the car and found the indentation, perhaps they could have found something imbedded in it?

It seems the FBI inspection reports nothing was found in the indentation.

Kellerman does seem to be quite open in sharing some of his thoughts regards the shooting that don't jibe with the WC predetermined findings.

Joe,

Excellent summary here.  I want to point out that the utterance by JFK, "My God, I am hit", all by itself, disproves the WC report.  There is no way, after the damage to the throat by the front shot through the windshield (the small round hole of entry noted at Parkland by Dr. Perry), or by the magic bullet from LHO (especially if his throat was in the condition in the "stare of death" photo at Bethesda), that JFK could say anything at all.  My opinion is that he said that after receiving the shallow back wound, and (obviously) before the throat wound.

The record from Mr. Kellerman that you provided, and the documentation from Mr. Palamara regarding the through and through hole in the windshield are two of many pillars in the case for conspiracy.

Thank you.