The Education Forum

More from the past on BYP

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, John Butler said:

Sandy Larsen's thought experiment is correct.  How do you apply this to the backyard shadows?  If the light source in 133a is to the front then the shadow moving downwards under the Oswald figures nose is correct.  His body shadow should be directly behind him as Sandy demonstrated for the box when you move the light source to the front.

If you apply this reasoning to the BYP 133a then the shadow under the Oswald figures nose should match the body shadow in moving toward picture left.  It would not be straight down but moving toward picture left.  This is not the case in BYP 133a.  The shadows don't match.

Doesn't the nose shadow move left? The shadow does fall in the center of the face but the tip of the nose does not. If you want to measure the leftward movement of the nose shadow, draw a line from the tip off the nose (Which is offset to the Left cause Oswald is looking Left.) to the bottom of the nose shadow. You will find the shadow proceeds down from the nose at a 3 degree LEFTWARD angle. 

What I will agree with is that the amount of body shadow is strange. The post tells us we should see no more than about 25 degrees, distortion included,  but there is more than 40 visible. 

I'm sure this image has been shown before.  I've just updated shadow directions in the photos with arrow directions.  It is strange the BYP 133a has more shadow directions than it should.

Oswald_shadow_comparison.jpg

The nose shadows and body shadows should be compared.

Edited by John Butler

The figures in the Cross photo are not orderly.  They are not in a uniform formation.  They are not in straight rows.  It appears that the figures are arranged to provide converging shadows.  Why?  Converging shadows seem to be important to those who argue the validity of the BYP's.  Converging shadows are some kind of validation for the BYP's. 

What is noticeable is that all the shadows are moving off the light source correctly in one direction.  My proof for the BYP's being fake are 3 conflicting shadows moving in different directions. 

How gullible does Cross think people are?

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

The figures in the Cross photo are not orderly.  They are not in a uniform formation.  They are not in straight rows.  It appears that the figures are arranged to provide converging shadows.  Why?  Converging shadows seem to be important to those who argue the validity of the BYP's.  Converging shadows are some kind of validation for the BYP's. 

What is noticeable is that all the shadows are moving off the light source correctly in one direction.  My proof for the BYP's being fake are 3 conflicting shadows moving in different directions. 

How gullible does Cross think people are?

Seriously?  I'll photograph it from another angle so you can understand, but damn man, that's some serious paranoia.  And it's raining here today so there will be no shadows unfortunately.

I must admit I simply don't understand John's reaction to the above photo.  I took it for comparison because we have multiple vertical objects in a close area.  If you lay a straight edge on the shadows you can see them converge as Ray has argued here, but much more subtle and consistent manner, IMO, than what is happening in the BYP.

With respect to John's concerns, I walked into this area to take the photo:

20180907_105629 (1).jpg

23 minutes ago, Michael Cross said:

I guess so Ray.  Nonetheless, for those thinking critically, IMO looking at that photo as comparison, you can see the convergence AND see that something is off in the BYP.

Agreed Michael. I've always said I believe the BYP are faked, but also try to point out posts which do not add up.

Michael,

Your figures give the illusion of straight rows.  Although you didn't say straight rows it's there by implication.  There is nothing uniform about your photo and figures except the deck planking.  Line up your figures according to the geometric correctness of the boards and see what happens.

If you can get Old Ray Mitchum to agree with you that is something.  OBTW, if I didn't have a pair ah noids I would have none at all. 

Edited by John Butler

4 hours ago, John Butler said:

Which my photo supports John.  The BYP shadows should behave in a similar fashion to my example, and they don't.  

1 hour ago, Michael Cross said:

I guess so Ray.  Nonetheless, for those thinking critically, IMO looking at that photo as comparison, you can see the convergence AND see that something is off in the BYP.

they converge in the wrong direction Ray...   Shadows converge towards the source of light...  the shadows in the BYP converge in the opposite direction...

not possible....  like the image on the right...  all the shadows converge towards the light... if the gray arrow was a shadow in this image, it would stick out like a sore thumb...

762949527_BYPwithstandinin133-cpose-shadowsbetraythefakedimage.thumb.jpg.54fab7b6fe5226c2232100e8bf37d143.jpg

Michael C...  the most telling to me is this...  when we put Oswald back into the Ghost image, (in a pose not seen until 1977 - so how did they know to put Det Brown and the ghost cutout in the one pose no one sees for 14 years?)

magic...

133962474_Image3-Oswald-BYP-ghost-COPY-misalignment.thumb.jpg.034f024f272fe5918cce510699899dd1.jpg