The Education Forum

H. L. Hunt – Motive & Opportunity -Book Review

From page 13 of my autobiography, Being There: Eyewitness to History, published in May 2018:

In my senior year at Georgetown I worked with Forrest Davis on a book opposing the admission of Communist China into the United Nations. Davis was a prominent author and longtime writer for The Saturday Evening Post. The Texas oil magnate H.L. Hunt at one time visited Davis and Davis asked if I wanted to be interviewed by Hunt for a position in his Facts Forum organization. However, in doing so Davis described H. L. Hunt to me as “having the mind of a brute” and a result I turned down Hunt’s offer of employment after we had the interview. In retrospect I am glad I did so for many reasons.

Upon graduating from Georgetown in 1960, I went to work for Marvin Liebman Associates in New York City in charge of the McGraw-Edison Company account. Marvin had arranged funding for the book on which Forrest Davis and I worked. One of Marvin’s key clients was former New Jersey Democratic Governor Charles Edison, the chairman of McGraw-Edison Company, who lived in the Towers of the Waldorf Astoria. His neighbors in the Towers were Herbert Hoover and General Douglas MacArthur with whom he occasionally played bridge. Governor Edison, who had served in the Roosevelt Administration as Secretary of the Navy, was the son of Thomas Edison and looked exactly like his father. His political philosophy was that the American eagle should have two strong wings, a right wing and a left wing, if it is to fly and soar. He believed the country’s right wing at the time was too weak and needed strengthening.

Ha.  I guess you got the CAPA e-mail today too.  I was literally about to post this link in response to a comment by Paul Brancato (whose comments I respect and appreciate) in Jim Hargrove's thread about "... Assassination Plotters".  

As Bill Kelly points out, Mr. Curington, one of H.L. Hunt's top aides in 1963, fails to address many pertinent issues.  However, he does seem to think maybe H.L. might have contacted "(Dallas) mafia boss Joe Civello" about having Ruby take care of Oswald.

Paul, "Why would mobsters have ordered Ruby to kill Oswald"?  

Hunt (HL), Phillips, Morales, Harvey, Angleton or somebody got to Marcello, Roselli, or Giancana and somebody got to Civello/Campisi.

Ruby didn't do it for patriotism, heroism - inspired by Hunt's radio program, or for Jackie and the kids.  He did it because he had to, or else.

Since I already had it up, here's the link again.

https://capa-us.org/h-l-hunt-motive-opportunity-book-review/