The Education Forum

I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak

Fred Litwin

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

And the third installment of Fred Litwin's trilogy of truth will very likely be entitled "I Was A Crusty Old Fart Who Was Sick To Death Of Arguing Incessantly With JFK Conspiracy Theorists Whose Theories Have Never Once Come Together In A Cohesive And/Or Believable Manner And Have Never Made A Lick Of (Common) Sense" (©2027 Three Cheers For Common Sense In The JFK Case! Publishing Co., Inc.).

XX.+Quoting+Common+Sense+Blog+Logo.png

🤣(laughing til I cry)

Edited by W. Tracy Parnell

6 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

I read it, will do so again.

But to be fair, what Bugliosi is saying is no one has come up with anything to bolster the imposter idea written in this memo.  That is speculation on his part.  I don't like it as a dispositive end to an inquiry when dealing with conspiracists and I don't like it when dealing with LHO did it.  I understand sometimes we are just speculating as to certain things but here, this is an important issue.  As I said, to be fair, his logic is no one found anything up to his writing but the files were all still secret!  He was in effect saying something is not true because no one has proven otherwise yet, the documents which might have some bearing on the issue were withheld. . . and still are.  If all records were released, and no further information came out on this, then perhaps I could understand the thought process but, they are not.  

19 hours ago, Mathias Baumann said:

How do you explain that they suddenly lose interest in him when he gets a job near the motorcade route and rents a room under a false name? When they knew from George de Mohrenschild that Oswald had been involved in the Walker shooting?

13 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

They dropped the ball. This is probably one of the reasons they don't want more information released-it may show their incompetence.

Dropped the ball????  Is that what you call this?

The FBI took Oswald off the watch list, managed by its “WANTED NOTICE” cards, at the same time a CIA cable gave him a clean bill of political health, just a couple of months after his New Orleans arrest for alleged violence in support of Communist Cuba and less than two months before the assassination.  These two actions effectively took the federal spotlight off “Lee Harvey Oswald.”

Wanted_Notice_Card.jpg

The WC didn’t even bother to depose the Division 5 guy (Gheesling) who ordered the FBI's flash cancellation. “Lee Harvey Oswald” had been on that list for nearly four years, since the “defection.” Now that he was taken off it, he’d no longer be under FBI and SS surveillance on 11/22.

At the very same time the FBI was taking “Lee Harvey Oswald” off the watch list, the CIA was publishing several confusing things about him. Responding to a query from the Mexico City station, four CIA officers signed a cable giving lots of accurate biographical data on our boy but calling him “Lee Henry Oswald.” The three page cable expressed no security concerns whatsoever about Oswald and, in fact, indicated the Moscow embassy felt “life in the Soviet Union had clearly had maturing effect on Oswald.” Nothing to worry about here!

This cable was signed by Jane Roman (Angleton’s assistant), William Hood (also close to Angleton), Thomas Karamessines (assistant to Helms) and John Whitten who, according to Jefferson Morley, was the only CIA officer of the four signers who suffered any adverse consequences for this troubling cable. John Armstrong believes that Angleton ran the Oswald Project.

Lee_Henry_Oswald_1.jpg

Lee_Henry_Oswald_2.jpg

At the same time the FBI was taking “Lee Harvey Oswald” off the watch list, the CIA was giving “Lee Henry Oswald” (biographical data mostly matching LHO’s official biography) a clean bill of political health in the infamous cable of 10/10/63 (see above). 

It was now no longer officially necessary for the FBI to monitor “Oswald’s” activities in Dallas. And the Secret Service would no longer be expected to investigate him prior to a presidential visit to Dallas.

Although “Lee Harvey Oswald” had been arrested for a supposedly violent confrontation in support of Fidel Castro in New Orleans just two months earlier, the entire National Security apparatus of our Federal government now seemed to just stop worrying about him. What happened next, of course, has been documented by scores of writers and filmmakers for more than half a century.

“Lee Harvey Oswald,” or more likely someone who looked like him, began making all kinds of appearances in and around Dallas. These appearances were clearly designed to attract attention. Here are just some:

“Oswald” visits the Sports Drome Rifle Range on Oct. 26, Nov. 9, Nov. 10, and again on Nov. 17, several times creating a scene and once shooting at another guy's target;

On Nov. 2 “Oswald” visits Morgan's Gun Shop in Fort Worth.

Also on Nov. 2 “Oswald” visits the Downtown Lincoln Mercury dealership where he test drives a car at wrecklessly high speeds saying he would soon come into enough money to buy a new car.

On Nov. 6 or 7 “Oswald” visits the Irving Furniture Mart for a gun part and is referred to the shop where Dial Ryder works.

On Nov. 15, “Oswald” goes to the Southland Hotel parking garage (Allright Parking Systems) and applies for a job and asks how high the Southland Building is and if it had a good view of downtown Dallas.

On Nov. 20 “Oswald” hitch-hikes on the R.L. Thornton Expressway while carrying a 4 foot long package wrapped in brown paper and introduces himself to Ralph Yates as “Lee Harvey Oswald,” discusses the President's visit, and asks to be dropped across the street from the Texas School Book Depository (where Russian-speaking “Lee Harvey Oswald” is already working).

- - - - - - -

The set-up of “Lee Harvey Oswald” was almost complete. Could this have been accomplished if the FBI and the Secret Service hadn’t been put to sleep just a few weeks earlier?

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Yes, that's what I call it.

Tracy,

according to Jane Roman CIA's counterintelligence had a "keen operational interest" in Oswald. That's why the Mexico City station only got an incomplete file. The whole part about Oswald's supposedly pro-Castro activities in New Orleans had been left out - deliberately. And when the CIA learn about Oswald's meeting with Kostikov "they drop the ball", according to you. And you think there's nothing suspicious at all going on here? When we know that the CIA and the FBI were running an anti-FPCC operation right at that time? When so much evidence was either withheld or destroyed?

One week before Kennedy’s murder, on November 15th, Angleton’s office received a full report from Warren DeBrueys of the New Orleans FBI office about Oswald’s activities there. As Morley writes, “If Angleton scanned the first page, he learned that Oswald had gone back to Texas after contacting the Cubans and Soviets in Mexico City. Angleton knew Oswald was in Dallas.” (p. 140) In other words, all the information that an intelligence officer needed in order to place Oswald on the Secret Service Security Index was available to Jim Angleton at that time. He did nothing with it.

JIm DIEugenio's Review of Morley's The Ghost

Edited by James DiEugenio

And why was military support told to stand down?  Vince?  Was there ever in the history of the SS in the 1960s a time when this happened?  This is not my area.  Was there ever any real investigation on this?

Just another dropped ball or strange coincidence?  If there were other times this happened, ok.  If not, hmm....

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

One week before Kennedy’s murder, on November 15th, Angleton’s office received a full report from Warren DeBrueys of the New Orleans FBI office about Oswald’s activities there. As Morley writes, “If Angleton scanned the first page, he learned that Oswald had gone back to Texas after contacting the Cubans and Soviets in Mexico City. Angleton knew Oswald was in Dallas.” (p. 140) In other words, all the information that an intelligence officer needed in order to place Oswald on the Secret Service Security Index was available to Jim Angleton at that time. He did nothing with it.

JIm DIEugenio's Review of Morley's The Ghost

Because Angleton had been monitoring and using Oswald for quite some time and knew what was going on? 

That is one way to look at it.

Parnell's they dropped the ball excuse is just that, an excuse.

DVP said;

"I Was A Crusty Old Fart Who Was Sick To Death Of Arguing Incessantly With JFK Conspiracy Theorists Whose Theories Never Came Together And Have Never Made A Lick Of (Common) Sense"

Hmmm  Dave, I know you're ascribing this to Fred Litwin, but of course you're lamenting about yourself since he couldn't really be described as a "crusty old fart".

"Sick to Death of arguing?" or brought to life? Oh, Come on Dave, you're life would be completely desolate without this forum, and the rest of us. You truly love us Dave, it's just that empty yearning for a love you know will never be consummated. I thought from previous writings, you were aware of this.

You're like a modern day Tom Joad,  As long as any official government official story is held to ridicule, you'll be there. Wherever there's a Dallas cop being beat up on this forum, you'll be there. Whenever there's any insinuation of a coverup, out of just bureaucratic ineptness, you'll be there to defend the officials and their story. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat up the official  WC version of events, you'll be there. (Though of course very selectively)

Besides what would you do at 3 in the morning Indiana time when you can't sleep?

P.S. And what about Willie Mac Covey?, get out of that regional air pocket and at least start quoting Sparky, If that's all you may stumble on about him. If you're going to be Mr. Baseball here, you have to be Mr. Baseball for everybody.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 1:20 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

Oswald's 1958 Marine Corps x-ray shows two molars tipping down into the space left by the adjacent molar (#30) being extracted. And then the exhumation x-ray -- which is a snapshot of how the teeth looked in 1963, only 5 years later -- shows that these two teeth had spontaneously straightened back up again, moved forward about 1/4" in a straight line, and filled in the same space they were previously tipping down int o.

Now, I -- as an EXPERT with a masters degree in engineering -- know that such a thing would have been impossible to occur spontaneously, because there are no natural forces that could have moved the teeth to the positions shown in the exhumation x-ray. The use of an orthodontic appliance would have been required to apply the necessary forces to accomplish what is seen to have happened between 1958 and 1963.

So, unless there are other engineers, physicists, or orthodontists on this forum who have scrutinized that particular presentation, then that claim of mine has not been peer reviewed.

<<LARSEN: Now, I as an EXPERT with a master's degree in engineering ... because there are no natural forces that could have moved the teeth.>>

You have stated you have a Master's in *electrical* engineering. As I happen to have one of these also, what "natural forces" exist that could move teeth was not covered in the curriculum and your claim that this makes you an "EXPERT" in this area is absurd. As far as the intrinsic physics involved, my Masters in Aeronautical and Astronautical engineering included far more physics than did my electrical engineering degree. Despite these qualifications, I do not consider myself an expert in this area. Were I to make your claim, I would seek the opinion of a dentist, orthodontist or other professional. As Mr. Parnell stated, and I agree, this is not something you do. You declare your own personal research as all that is necessary ...

In our MANY disagreements, I have presented text, diagrams, and photos from actual Medical School text books, statements from professionals in the appropriate field with decades of experience, and offers to put you in touch with these professionals. However, you have stated that your personal qualifications plus un-referenced photos/line diagrams, and text you have found online prove you are unquestionably correct, and the knowledge of actual experts is useless in comparison. Exactly as you are doing in this post.

In the real world, a "peer reviewed" paper would be published in an appropriate *professional* journal after being reviewed and accepted by professionals qualified in that field. An online site where anyone can comment can hardly be considered identical to a professional journal where *every* statement therein must be confirmed by experts.

As someone with the same qualifications as you, per YOUR definition, and YOUR request, you will now be "peer reviewed:" You are NOT qualified to make the above statement.

Let the personal attacks commence...

Edited by Tom Neal

5 hours ago, Tom Neal said:

You have stated you have a Master's in *electrical* engineering. As I happen to have one of these also, "what-natural forces-exist-that-could-move-teeth" was not covered in the curriculum....

Tom,

My curriculum included several physics classes which, taken as a whole, covered every aspect of Newtonian physics with the exception of fluid mechanics. (I did study basic fluid mechanics in a mechanical engineering class I took.)

As you know, the laws of physics are universal. There isn't a special set of laws for teeth. Therefore the physics I learned do apply to the movements of teeth.

There are no forces in the mouth of an adult which could possibly straighten up teeth that are already tilted down, like the two bottom molars shown here:

marines_x-ray_dark_tooth.jpg

Mastication forces will certainly serve to keep these teeth from straightening back up. I'm confident that the vast majority of orthodontists would say the same.

7 hours ago, Tom Neal said:

In our MANY disagreements, I have presented text, diagrams, and photos from actual Medical School text books, statements from professionals in the appropriate field with decades of experience, and offers to put you in touch with these professionals. However, you have stated that your personal qualifications plus un-referenced photos/line diagrams, and text you have found online prove you are unquestionably correct, and the knowledge of actual experts is useless in comparison. Exactly as you are doing in this post.

I don't know what you are talking about.

What I do know is that whenever I have disagreed with you on something, you have almost invariably taken it personally and proceeded to taunt and smear me.