The Education Forum

Kennedys and the Bushs.

Joe Bauer

Interesting differences yet similarities at the same time.

All powerful influences in American history.

Image result for picture of all kennedy brothers'Image result for picture of all kennedy brothers'Image result for picture of all kennedy brothers'Image result for bush brothers images

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe, I have been enriched reading many of your personal posts.When I don't respond, it just means I've been reading a lot. Particularly meaningful to me has been your ability to step outside your immediate and influential upbringing  to be able to see and understand the essence of JFK. I've been away for a bit, but when I saw this thread,  all I could think of was a comment from Sparky Anderson when managing the Reds in the 1976 World Series:  "Munson is an outstanding player and he would hit .300 in the National League, but don’t ever embarrass anybody by comparing him to Johnny Bench.”

That sort of sums up my take on any comparison with these two New England families. One might have a "dynasty" of 12 years in the White House, but they could have 20 terms in the White House and not have what the other family had in 1000 days and then for a few years afterwards.

Robert...agreed.

The similarities I was referring to was the impact they had politically. 12 years of the Presidency with the Bushs. 4 years as vice president.

But like you mention, the Kennedy's with only 3 years in the presidency had attributes far superior. 

Edited by Joe Bauer