The Education Forum

JFK Autopsy Photo decoded?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

Then how much of the back of the skull behind it is left intact?

Micah,

What I see is the left side of the JFK's brain in tack in the left hemisphere of the skull.  I see a small hole in the right rear area of the skull.  That is an entry hole.  You can see the thickness of the top side of the skull.  I can make out the corpus callosum tissue that connects both hemispheres of the brain.  If you look due left of the right eye area, you can see a piece of his ear.

brain.jpg

We need a better image to examine the rear area of the skull.  Does anyone have a high def image?  Is this image at the National Archive?

5 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

The skull photos do not show the brain in the cranium. If they do, you've proven the brain photos false.

I guess you don't see it and I suppose you will never ever see it.

The scalp has was cut by the physician from the left ear to the right ear and over the forehead.

What you see in this picture is the front side of JFK's skull with the flap covering his face.  You can make the right eye in this photo.

The physician's finger is shown on the right top edge of the ruler and is touching the top of the skull and the brain.

6 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

I guess you don't see it and I suppose you will never ever see it.

The scalp has was cut by the physician from the left ear to the right ear and over the forehead.

What you see in this picture is the front side of JFK's skull with the flap covering his face.  You can make the right eye in this photo.

The physician's finger is shown on the right top edge of the ruler and is touching the top of the skull and the brain.

No, the autopsy physicians also made statements indicating that the scalp was also reflected to the left to expose the back of the head where the EOP wound lay.

From Pierre Finck's 2/24/1969 Clay Shaw trial testimony:

Q: Had any work been done on President Kennedy's body in regard to the performing of the autopsy by the time you got there?

A: As I recall, the brain had been removed. Dr. Humes told me that to remove the brain he did not have to carry out the procedure you carry out when there is no wound in the skull. The wound was of such an extent, over five inches in diameter, that it was not of a great difficulty for him to remove this brain, and this is the best of my recollection. There were no removals of the wound of entry in the back of the neck, no removal of the wound of entry in the back of the head prior to my arrival, and I made a positive identification of both wounds of entry.[...]

From the HSCA interview with Humes and Boswell:

Dr. PETTY. What is this opposite--oh, it must be, I can't read it--but up close to the tip of the ruler, there you are two centimeters down.

Dr. BOSWELL. It's the posterior-inferior margin of the lacerated scalp.

Dr. PETTY. That's the posterior-inferior margin of the lacerated scalp?

Dr. BOSWELL. It tore right down to that point. And then we just folded that back and this back and an interior flap forward and that exposed almost the entire--I guess we did have to dissect a little bit to get

Dr. HUMES. To get to this entrance, right?

Dr. BOSWELL. But not much, because this bone was all gone and actually the smaller fragment fit this piece down here[...]

From Dr. Finck's interview with the HSCA:

Dr. PETTY. All right. Let me ask you one other question. In order to expose that area where the wound was present in the bone, did you have to or did someone have to dissect the I scalp off of the bone in order to show this?

Dr. FINCK. Yes.

Dr. PETTY. Was this a difficult dissection and did it go very low into the head so as to expose the external aspect of the posterior cranial fascia?

Dr. FINCK. I don't remember the difficulty involved in separating the scalp from the skull but this was done in order to have a clear view of the outside and inside to show the crater from the inside.

Dr. BADEN. Do you recall specifically that some dissection was done in the area?

Dr. FINCK. To free the skull from the scalp, to separate the scalp from the skull.

Dr. BADEN. Yes.

Dr. FINCK. Yes. I don't know who did that. I don't know the difficulty involved but the scalp is adherent to the skull and it had to be separated from it in order to show in the back of the head the wound in the bone.

Edited by Micah Mileto

This photo shows the anterior of JFK with the flap of the scalp over his face. The right temporal bone is separated from the skull and is almost perpendicular to the frontal bone.  You can even see the thickness of the temporal bone.  The bullet from the gunman in the pergola hit that bone and broke into a thousand pieces. 

What photograph are they referencing here?

The left side of JFK's brain is shown in this photograph. Pierre Fink is quoting Dr. Humes.  Just because he said it, it isn't so.

Did anyone ask Dr. Humes how he removed the brain and when this photograph was taken?

The HSCA was 15 years after the assassination.  Do you really expect these doctors to be spot on?

The photographic evidence shows otherwise.  I see that this has been discussed in another thread. 

Edited by Keyvan Shahrdar

16 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Q: Had any work been done on President Kennedy's body in regard to the performing of the autopsy by the time you got there?

A: As I recall, the brain had been removed. Dr. Humes told me that to remove the brain

he did not have to carry out the procedure you carry out when there is no wound in the skull.

The wound was of such an extent, over five inches in diameter, that it was not of a great difficulty for him to remove this brain,

and this is the best of my recollection. There were no removals of the wound of entry in the back of the neck, no removal of the wound of entry in the back of the head prior to my arrival, and I made a positive identification of both wounds of entry.[...]

If the normal procedure for removing the brain wasn't followed by Dr. Humes , how exactly did Humes remove JFK's brain?

How did JFK's "over 5 inches in diameter wound"make it easier for Humes to remove the brain?

And I would ask Dr. Finck, how much brain matter ( approximately ) in percentages did he think was blown out of JFK's skull from the bullet's initial impact?

And did DR. Fink think that the official autopsy report of JFK's removed brain weighing 1,400 to 1,500 grams was accurate considering the measurable amount of brain matter lost upon the bullet's exploding impact?

A normal man's brain undamaged and without loss of tissue is around 1,400 grams.

59 minutes ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

I think we can see where the Harper fragment fits with this image.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YZZcaZ_2DDSZzrVB2BrgKTUCoRqZcet1

The harper fragment is officially right parietal bone, not frontal bone. Do you think the beveled exit on the photo lays near the coronal suture, or further down on the forehead? The autopsy pathologists never reported an exit wound on the forehead.

Edited by Micah Mileto

55 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

The harper fragment is officially right parietal bone, not frontal bone. Do you think the beveled exit on the photo lays near the coronal suture, or further down on the forehead? The autopsy pathologists never reported an exit wound on the forehead.

I can see the Harper fragment fit right into the parietal area of the wound on the top of JFK's skull.  There is no beveled exit near the coronal suture, did you see the outline of the photo that I created?  I think the Harper fragment fits perfectly there.  There does seem to be a bone depression near the sagittal suture next to the ruler.  Do you see the right temporal bone with the bottom area pushed inside the skull almost 90 degrees?  That is where the bullet entered the skull from the shooter at the pergola.